The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2021, 06:37 PM   #1
spiG

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE, 20 Ram 1500, 19 SGS
Possible future owner

Hello all, signed up after a while of reading the forums and testing driving a 2022 1SS 10spd. Only Camaro I have ever owned was my first car which was a 91 RS back 2002. Since then I've only owned one other chevy which was a 2014 1500. Family comes from a long line of GM, father-in-law has owned i don't know how many vettes, and currently still has a 01 FRC with about 6k miles on it. Carisle was a yearly event up until recently.

I've owned mostly Mopar, tons of trucks, a Hellcat Charger when my first was born and a ton of Subaru WRX/STi's. Still have a 05 WRX that is being built and the wife has my 2020 Ram 1500 that she daily's. Also have owned a ton of Harleys and currently still have my fat tire 19 SGS. Thankfully I have a company car that covers gas no matter when its driven so we use that 90% of the time.

Now i'm looking to possibly order a 2SS 1LE. Went today just to test drive and sit in the car since i haven't even sat in a 6th gen since 16 when my buddy went to test drive one and I had to seat in the lovely rear seats. Only thing they had was a 1SS 10spd but gave me good insight into the driving and seating position. Wife gave me the go ahead to order one but just not quite sure I want to pull the trigger yet. Really only thing holding me back is the prices, I can't stand that the best deal is getting it for MSRP. I have no REAL need for it as it would be just a weekend fun car so purchasing RIGHT now is not a priority but would like another fun car that is running.

They had a ZL1 on the lot which was beautiful but when I had my Hellcat, I used the power but had no real need for it so I figure the 2SS would be perfect. I plan (if purchased) to use the car mostly on the blue ridge parkway as i'm not far which is where i usually take my harley.

I don't know what to do but wanted to introduce myself. Oh and from NC.
spiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!