Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #29
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
Well ADR, Good luck with your business. I wish you the best. When I owned my custom shop (a 1 to 2 man custom extreme gift shop), I never ran my business like you. I helped everybody, every time and built nationwide rapport in Japan. And even when I couldn't earn a profit building a project for somebody, I'd always use a little of my time to try and point them in the correct direction for the type of work they wanted. Because on their next project, they'd almost always come to my shop; people are magnetized to a provider they believe will look after their best interests, even at a higher cost. After 10 years, I sold the business for 200K USD (160k in cash). There weren't any meaningful tangible assets, the place was rented and about 5-10k USD of inventory. The upstanding rapport of the shop enabled me to sell the namebrand and customer base for a nice profit. In business, your name means everything. Businesses that don't understand this concept soon become like the dinosaurs, extinct.
Well said!

I know when I am looking to do business with a shop, the first thing that turns me away is how their customer service is....no matter if I spent money or not!
I know a lot of people want to make sure they are going to be taken care first before dropping any kind of money there.
Example: I have spoken with Zach at Katech numerous times about quotes for engine kits, bolt on's etc. Zach has always returned my calls and emails every time I had a question or wanted to get his opinion on something. I was not pushed to the end of the line because I haven't spent any money there yet.
This will be the place that gets my business next year after winter is over with here in MI.
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #30
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Well this thread just showed the second shop not to deal with....
Unless you know, you were “lucky” enough to drop coin with them and then they will answer you...
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #31
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLe View Post
I just dropped some serious coin with them and they seem to have gone dark?
Also, I noticed their account on the forum has been suspended. I am a little concerned.

Anybody have any info? I would surely appreciate it.
There was numerous complaints over on C5 this past year, nevermind all the complaints about juiced on other car forums. It appeared to others and myself that they started spam posting to bury the negitive post. IMO the forum administrators did the right thing by suspending their account. I wouldn't buy a spark plug from the joker as far as I'm concerned.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #32
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Bit off more than they could chew and ran out of floating (kiting? - there's a term for it, using funds from today order to pay for orders of previous day and so on) orders to cover operational expenses or.. a victim of the 'rona?

Certainly no lack of SPAM posts few days ago.
If that is true, that is how Maryland Speed started their spiral down. They ended up getting sued by the State of Maryland.

I originally ordered my Corsa Exhaust from them and had to do a CC dispute. Then I ordered from Juiced and got it within a week, but that was 2 years ago.

Covid has wrecked havoc on supply chain and retail/resale stores.

Good luck OP

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #33
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
It all boils down to honesty and service before and after the sale. All a vendor has to do is tell the customer up front how long it will take to receive the part(s). Then if the parts don’t come in on time a phone call or email explaining why.
That’s it. It isn’t rocket science. Nothing to blame on the pandemic either.
Just be honest and keep the customer informed. If you can’t do that you have no right being in business in the first place.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #34
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
OP any update?
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:48 PM   #35
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Well said!

I know when I am looking to do business with a shop, the first thing that turns me away is how their customer service is....no matter if I spent money or not!
I know a lot of people want to make sure they are going to be taken care first before dropping any kind of money there.
Example: I have spoken with Zach at Katech numerous times about quotes for engine kits, bolt on's etc. Zach has always returned my calls and emails every time I had a question or wanted to get his opinion on something. I was not pushed to the end of the line because I haven't spent any money there yet.
This will be the place that gets my business next year after winter is over with here in MI.
This, 100%. I probably traded a dozen or so emails with Dynosteve before buying stuff and once I realized how on the ball he was, I went ahead and bought a boatload of stuff from him. I’m happy to report his service after the sale was just as good.

I’ve also posted a review of Juiced a number of months back and it wasn’t good then either unfortunately. Had to go after them through PayPal for a set of heads I ordered. A month after ordering them with zero communication and no tracking number, I called the actual manufacturer of the heads and they said they had no order from Juiced and the heads were in stock the whole time ready to go...

So, TLDR: a call or email to a vendor before making a purchase can go a long way towards telling you what kind of operation they run. Those that can be trusted with small purchases are probably trustworthy for larger ones too. But if they string you along on your first inquiry or small purchase, that’s not a good sign.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #36
Snowwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
This, 100%. I probably traded a dozen or so emails with Dynosteve before buying stuff and once I realized how on the ball he was, I went ahead and bought a boatload of stuff from him. I’m happy to report his service after the sale was just as good.

I’ve also posted a review of Juiced a number of months back and it wasn’t good then either unfortunately. Had to go after them through PayPal for a set of heads I ordered. A month after ordering them with zero communication and no tracking number, I called the actual manufacturer of the heads and they said they had no order from Juiced and the heads were in stock the whole time ready to go... :facepalm:

So, TLDR: a call or email to a vendor before making a purchase can go a long way towards telling you what kind of operation they run. Those that can be trusted with small purchases are probably trustworthy for larger ones too. But if they string you along on your first inquiry or small purchase, that’s not a good sign.
Thats good to know. I will NEVER order anything from them based on what you posted.
Thanks.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:49 PM   #37
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Sad to see, i had a small order (Roto fab) come from juiced and the price and communication were great.

I hope the OP gets his stuff and i also hope juiced ain’t going through some crazy stuff.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:02 PM   #38
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
OP, sorry to hear you're having issues. I highly dislike folks who can't take the time to reply to an email, or heaven forbid even have a live body at a phone to answer a call before, during or after an order.

I won't even name the vendor I called for a friend about getting an sc for his car, but...since he's posted on this thread already you can imagine how the call went. Didn't act interested in having our business.

On the other hand...I called weapon x for a jms bap a few fridays ago and left a message. A few hours later a guy called from there and let me know that the product was back ordered and gave me a choice to cancel or keep waiting. The point wasn't that he didn't have the product because it was out of his control, the point was he called me and updated me on what was going on. Like all good relationships, communication and honestly is key!
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:10 AM   #39
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
"To all vendors, if you can't or don't want to make it happen, or there's a problem, we customers understand, just stand up and be a man and say so. I'm so glad the Marine Corps taught me that sh!t before I got into business. Cause then I learned after being in business that customers are understanding almost every time if you're 100% honest (integrity, another MC Leadership trait) with them...."

Most cannot believe I am a 1 Man band and 1 order filler/fabricator. I use my Iphone as business phone so that customers can get the info they need as quick as possible, Policing emails, text messages, voicemails and even instant messages 24/7 is a task that can be taxing on the family and my free time when the doors at the shop are locked.

There is always a " BUT" -

If your not an actual customer yet, you may get pushed back a little because you have not purchased anything yet..... compared to the customer who has spent thousands or even hundreds.

If your price shopping you may get pushed back as well.I need to make a profit to survive.

If you request photos or tuning help and your not a customer yet you may get pushed back a little.

I like to think I try to do my best with what I have to work with

As a customer do your homework prior to calling , or send emails as they go un noticed.

If your a previous customer and you never ever get a reply, please stop emailing, texting or calling as there is clearly a reason! JUST SAYING BECAUSE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #40
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
LOL!!! Classic. However, I think in this case everybody in the audience has been done a favor.... I now have three vendors I'll never give my CC number to...

I can't tell ADR how much I appreciate that bit of insight into his business acuity! He just saved me (and others) a great headache.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:57 AM   #41
Snowwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
"To all vendors, if you can't or don't want to make it happen, or there's a problem, we customers understand, just stand up and be a man and say so. I'm so glad the Marine Corps taught me that sh!t before I got into business. Cause then I learned after being in business that customers are understanding almost every time if you're 100% honest (integrity, another MC Leadership trait) with them...."

Most cannot believe I am a 1 Man band and 1 order filler/fabricator. I use my Iphone as business phone so that customers can get the info they need as quick as possible, Policing emails, text messages, voicemails and even instant messages 24/7 is a task that can be taxing on the family and my free time when the doors at the shop are locked.

If your not an actual customer yet, you may get pushed back a little because you have not purchased anything yet..... compared to the customer who has spent thousands or even hundreds.

If your price shopping you may get pushed back as well.I need to make a profit to survive.

If you request photos or tuning help and your not a customer yet you may get pushed back a little.

As a customer do your homework prior to calling , or send emails as they go un noticed.

If your a previous customer and you never ever get a reply, please stop emailing, texting or calling as there is clearly a reason! JUST SAYING BECAUSE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY
This would be the time my grandpa would say “Open mouth and insert foot”.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #42
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6

If your a previous customer and you never ever get a reply, please stop emailing, texting or calling as there is clearly a reason! JUST SAYING BECAUSE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY[/QUOTE]

If taking care of your customers is too taxing on your family and/or free time -maybe you need to find another line of work? You know, more structure and guidelines to take the load off of you. Maybe something like, "Hey, ADM! think you can get those fries into the fryer? The guys on the hamburger line seem to be able to keep up!"

Last edited by MartinLe; 12-07-2020 at 10:27 AM.
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote