Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #15
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Bit off more than they could chew and ran out of floating (kiting? - there's a term for it, using funds from today order to pay for orders of previous day and so on) orders to cover operational expenses
Exactly. This is how they can offer those low prices. Maryland Speed was another vendor playing the same game. I ordered a stainless works catback from them because they offered the lowest price. It was more than a month before they even submitted the order to stainless works. Gave me a whole bunch of excuses as to why it took that long.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #16
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLe View Post
I just dropped some serious coin with them and they seem to have gone dark?
Also, I noticed their account on the forum has been suspended. I am a little concerned.

Anybody have any info? I would surely appreciate it.
When I lived in Eugene, that's what we called B#ll Sh!T M.I.A.... I'm learning a lot on this forum. There are a few people (companies) I won't even consider giving my cash to now. Either it's BS or silence, very unadult-like. Unfortunately, some individuals just can't be a man, as in a responsible man. Sorry to hear this partner....
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #17
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Speedlogix is another company that has done the same to the point where they are working out of the owners garage a few months ago. They hardly stock anything but they take orders and drop ship when the item is available. Orders take FOREVER to fill and people get tires of waiting, and then if there's an issue with the product, it takes even longer to resolve. Communication is terrible, often taking a week or more for them to respond and then rarely answering the question or resolving the issue forcing more E-mail wait for another response.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #18
Z OH 6

Still actively posting on the Corvette forum as of yesterday.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...prices-28.html
Old 12-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #19
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Never had a problem with Juiced...spent plenty of money with them and they always deliver. Most parts vendors don't stock anything these days. The stuff drop ships from manufacturer. I always ask for lead time upfront before buying. Juiced is also a active shop not just a parts retailer. They seem to be active on the build side of things being I see them frequently post customer builds on FB. I am not trying to defend them just sharing my experience.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #20
USP45

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I ordered a 103mm Nick Williams tb from them about 8 weeks ago and received it quickly. I did email before ordering though to make sure there would be no issues.
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #21
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Thanks all. I suppose I will wait it out for a while. I have 60 days to dispute it on my Cap 1 card.

I can understand if he's busy or otherwise occupied. But I get busy, too. A one sentence reply is not all that time consuming.

And a note to Bangkok - I live in Myrtle Creek and am writing this post from work in Roseburg. Small world.
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #22
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
Seems to be a lot of pro & con discussions of this vendor in the market place section...

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297

Reminds me of a vendor called 'corvettemods' on the corvette forum.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #23
Z OH 6

I was warned of this vendor from people I know before I even joined this forum a few months ago.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #24
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLe View Post
Thanks all. I suppose I will wait it out for a while. I have 60 days to dispute it on my Cap 1 card.

I can understand if he's busy or otherwise occupied. But I get busy, too. A one sentence reply is not all that time consuming.

And a note to Bangkok - I live in Myrtle Creek and am writing this post from work in Roseburg. Small world.
Myrtle Creek, awesome place.... And Roseburg is where I started my Herbalife career 25 years ago. And you're very right, a 1 line sentence a person can reply from an iPhone while on the toilet, no excuse for a business to leave you hanging. I have one of those "Pending" now. and they are the second vendor I'll never deal with again.

To all vendors, if you can't or don't want to make it happen, or there's a problem, we customers understand, just stand up and be a man and say so. I'm so glad the Marine Corps taught me that sh!t before I got into business. Cause then I learned after being in business that customers are understanding almost every time if you're 100% honest (integrity, another MC Leadership trait) with them....
Old 12-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #25
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Yep

"To all vendors, if you can't or don't want to make it happen, or there's a problem, we customers understand, just stand up and be a man and say so. I'm so glad the Marine Corps taught me that sh!t before I got into business. Cause then I learned after being in business that customers are understanding almost every time if you're 100% honest (integrity, another MC Leadership trait) with them...."

Most cannot believe I am a 1 Man band and 1 order filler/fabricator. I use my Iphone as business phone so that customers can get the info they need as quick as possible, Policing emails, text messages, voicemails and even instant messages 24/7 is a task that can be taxing on the family and my free time when the doors at the shop are locked.

There is always a " BUT" -

If your not an actual customer yet, you may get pushed back a little because you have not purchased anything yet..... compared to the customer who has spent thousands or even hundreds.

If your price shopping you may get pushed back as well.I need to make a profit to survive.

If you request photos or tuning help and your not a customer yet you may get pushed back a little.

I like to think I try to do my best with what I have to work with

As a customer do your homework prior to calling , or send emails as they go un noticed.

If your a previous customer and you never ever get a reply, please stop emailing, texting or calling as there is clearly a reason! JUST SAYING BECAUSE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:30 AM   #26
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
"To all vendors, if you can't or don't want to make it happen, or there's a problem, we customers understand, just stand up and be a man and say so. I'm so glad the Marine Corps taught me that sh!t before I got into business. Cause then I learned after being in business that customers are understanding almost every time if you're 100% honest (integrity, another MC Leadership trait) with them...."

Most cannot believe I am a 1 Man band and 1 order filler/fabricator. I use my Iphone as business phone so that customers can get the info they need as quick as possible, Policing emails, text messages, voicemails and even instant messages 24/7 is a task that can be taxing on the family and my free time when the doors at the shop are locked.

If your not an actual customer yet, you may get pushed back a little because you have not purchased anything yet..... compared to the customer who has spent thousands or even hundreds.

If your price shopping you may get pushed back as well.I need to make a profit to survive.

If you request photos or tuning help and your not a customer yet you may get pushed back a little.

As a customer do your homework prior to calling , or send emails as they go un noticed.

If your a previous customer and you never ever get a reply, please stop emailing, texting or calling as there is clearly a reason! JUST SAYING BECAUSE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHY
I’m not quite sure what to make of that.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #27
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Same BS goes on with buying new Telescopes and stuff. This is why i buy used 99% of the time. Waited two years to have a 12.5" F/8 Newt built and was lucky i got anything at all as they closed the doors for good soon after i got just the mirror and not the OTA.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #28
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post

Well ADR, Good luck with your business. I wish you the best. When I owned my custom shop (a 1 to 2 man custom extreme gift shop), I never ran my business like you. I helped everybody, every time and built nationwide rapport in Japan. And even when I couldn't earn a profit building a project for somebody, I'd always use a little of my time to try and point them in the correct direction for the type of work they wanted. Because on their next project, they'd almost always come to my shop; people are magnetized to a provider they believe will look after their best interests, even at a higher cost. After 10 years, I sold the business for 200K USD (160k in cash). There weren't any meaningful tangible assets, the place was rented and about 5-10k USD of inventory. The upstanding rapport of the shop enabled me to sell the namebrand and customer base for a nice profit. In business, your name means everything. Businesses that don't understand this concept soon become like the dinosaurs, extinct.