The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #29
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
what the hell did they sue for?
Would you believe "wrongful death"?

Blamed the death on the car being uncontrollable.. case was thrown out and they got owned in a counter suit.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #30
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Would you believe "wrongful death"?

Blamed the death on the car being uncontrollable.. case was thrown out and they got owned in a counter suit.
wow... that's just stupid, the counter-sue part is funny, but do you suppose they actually expected to win that
Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #31
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
wow... that's just stupid, the counter-sue part is funny, but do you suppose they actually expected to win that
Knowing they attempted to sue for wrongful death.. and the car was stolen by the guy being sued over..

Yes. I kid you not. These people were born paralyzed from the neck up..if you catch my drift. Goes to show you stupidity can, and most likely does know no bounds. What I want to know is if they were all blond..?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #32
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
Tell me your story of when you or someone you know.

Nope, just vandalized a few times. I'm paranoid now and park in Tim-buck-too when going out and NEVER leave it outside at night. The new SS will be garage kept at all times. If my new ride is ever stolen----please don't return it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Bump #3
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #34
Smokintires
Great Member

BUMP #4
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #35
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
My brother just had his 2003 Impala kinda stolen 2 days ago. He was driving on a dead battery and the car died while he was driving in town so he pulled into the nearest place which was a convenience store. Now my dad is a cop and my brother called him to see if he can come there and pick him up and take him home. While he was waiting, my brother went inside to get a bottle of water leaving the keys in the car, hey it was dead right so no way someone could steal it right. While he was inside a guy jumped in the car, got it to start and drove off. Seeing the guy drive off my brother called my dad again and told him some guy just drove off with his car. The guy got to the next red light which is about 500 feet from the store before the car died again. He sat in there for a a minute or two trying to get the car to turn over again. My dad comes to the same intersection, sees my brothers car with the guy still in it, pulls up behind the car, and walks up to the car and arrests the guy for car theft.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #36
Q's 91z28
TX INFERNO SS

Drives: 1991 Z28
We had a 1980 something Buick Skyhawk that was stolen. The car was a piece of crap and constantly overheated. My brother and his girlfriend had just gotten back from prom and we were all hanging out at her parents house. We decided to take the Sebring convertible that they had rented out for a cruise. When we got back we noticed the car was gone and the guy who stole it had left his bike. The car was found a few days later completely burned. If you ask, we got the better end of the deal because we ended up with his bike.

I also had my 90 GMC broken into, but luckily I had a kill switch on it. Ended up selling it to buy a 94 Camaro. About a year later to the date, they broke into my Camaro (WHILE I WAS IN CHURCH!!!). Pretty crazy.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #37
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
my brother has a 05 rsx type-s with a shit load of mods on it and has many friends with the same. his 1 friend had a turbo civic stolen and 5 days later found on the side of the road stripped. then he boought a integra. attempted to be stolen but failed thankfully a kill switch. and then he sold that and got a mr2. so my bro got his car broken into once but alarm scared them and they ran. also his friend that used to live near them had a s2000 that was stripped from everything including doors lol. i wil try to find the thread for it and then the dude was caught cause he tried to sell it on craigslist. lol
73camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #38
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
This one was wild. About five years ago a co-worker drove a maroon Saturn SC1 (I think that's what it was called). Well when he went to leave for work his keys wouldn't work. It wasn't his car! I noticed it because I walked around the front and the front end was all smashed up.

Somebody had stole another Saturn, exactly like his, came to our work, stole his and parked the first stolen one in the same spot......to this day we still don't know why, and they never found his car.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #39
Smokintires
Great Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
This one was wild. About five years ago a co-worker drove a maroon Saturn SC1 (I think that's what it was called). Well when he went to leave for work his keys wouldn't work. It wasn't his car! I noticed it because I walked around the front and the front end was all smashed up.

Somebody had stole another Saturn, exactly like his, came to our work, stole his and parked the first stolen one in the same spot......to this day we still don't know why, and they never found his car.

That is definetly the craziest Vandalism story i have ever heard and the weirdest.