The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
My brother stole my '85 S-10 Blazer from me back in 1990-91. I slept in one morning to find my brother leaving the driveway for a trip to New York in my Blazer! He left me his '82 BMW 528e, so I was not totally pissed. The problem is that the truck was CHERRY. It only had 31,000 miles on it from new, and I was the one that picked it off of the lot back in '85. I loved that little truck! Karma being the bitch that she is, my brother parks at a hotel on Wall Street and slips the doorman a $20 to keep an eye on it. 30 minutes later - GONE. Here is the best part: Cops catch the kids in the truck, and report to us that it has a dent in the hood and bumper from hitting a parking meeter when the kids bailed. Dad and bro drive to NY to pick the car up where the cops have it, only to find it has been moved to a different yard in Queens. Long story short: Cops STRIPPED the Blazer. CB radio, stereo, Wheels, tires, seats, door panels. - gone. They were nice enough to put 4 mis matched steel wheels with bald tires in place of our aluminum wheels and new tires. How do I know the cops did it: They put the CENTER CAPS in the back of the truck for the old crappy wheels they put back on it. It was within a few thousand of being totaled from all of the damage the COPS did to it, but due to the family's love for the truck, it was repaired. Fast forward 5 months later: Brother goes to CHITCAGO for a job and takes the Blazer (that looked like new!!) with him. He goes to the Chicago marathon and actually asks a cop where to park. Came back to find ALL the cars had been towed by the cops from that street for "traffic control" reasons. Told he could pick up the truck at a lot they had set up just outside of town...even gave everyone a bus ride! No S-10. Truck was found - stripped and BURNED to the ground - later that day. So, the cops managed to steal our car TWICE in two major cities. NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD - this is not in any way what I am saying here. Please respect law enforcement out there. Just don't trust them with your car!!
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
These are horrible stories!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
Shocker
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Mine truck wasn't stolen, but it was bad enough....

94 S10 Blazer parked in the driveway between two houses, right buy the bedroom windows of neighbor who also had 2 german shepherds.

Woke up in the mour, truck was on bricks and cd player and speaker setup gone...

Insurance did cover everything then I sold the truck, and got the GTO.

So it sucked, but worked out well for me.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #18
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
My hubby took his truck to a car show in Memphis..(this was a few years ago), and he woke up in the morning at the hotel, looked out the window and his truck was gone. I think they found it a week later completely gutted.

Last edited by pinkcamaro10; 05-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
my 87 Buick Grand National was stolen from my school (parked next to the F-ing security booth!), I only had it for 1 month 24 days. 39k miles, astroroof, power everything, chromed the engine, exhaust, etc. It was mint. Found it stripped in queens 3 days later.

Engine is in my friend's 9 sec 89 Turbo Trans Am now, transmission is in my 89 TTA I sold a few years ago, rest of the car was chopped up. :(
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #20
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Red face

I have a good story for you (sits down in comfortable chair and pops open a cold one). back in 88 the hospital in my town closed and most of the people including my parents, and some friends lost their jobs. some went to the bigger one that bought out the old one. my dad said F that and we packed up and went to Nevada. Once we were settled my dad got a neat car for him, being that we were in a area where you could drive a nice sporty car year round. he got a nice 77 Datsun 280Z 2 seat coupe. this car was wicked awesome, sporty as hell, fast as hell to (had the manual tranny in it). Well we all liked the car but since my mom worked nights we went out to dinner in his car. my little brother who was 6 at the time had to ride in the back where seats would be, holding onto the luggage straps (i was 13, no way in HELL was i sitting back there ). so my dad got another new car for him, a almost 3 year old Firebird T top coupe with a V8 and a 5 speed. the car had rims and tires off of a 77/78 SE trans am (just like the ones on the bandit car). Well we all realized that living on the other side of the country was bad. as much as my folks liked the money they made, my mom missed her mom, and my brother and I missed or other mom (my dad re married). so we came back to NY, my brother and I flew they got a moving fan and hired 2 guys to drive the Z and the Firebird back to NY. We all arrived safe and sound but it was late fall/early winter and my dad had the 2 sports cars put in a fenced in storage area (fence was made of 7-8 feet tall wavy metal sheets). Well one day we were having breakfast and we get a call from the local PD. The cop on the phone asked my dad if he owned a 77 280Z and a 85 Firebird, the color drained from his face. we go to the place where the cars were stored. both cars were there, but the Firebird was sitting on top of a wooden pallet with it's wheels missing and the t tops gone and one window busted out. the Z was fine other than the rear hatch was open and the aftermarket stereo was yanked out. but get this they used the jack in the Z to jack up the Firebird to get the wheels. the insurance company gave my dad like 1200 for the t tops, glass and wheels/tires. Well we knew a guy who could replace the door glass cheap, and we got the t tops from a junkyard off of a similar generation camaro. We were gonna get a set of factory Firebird alloys that were correct for the year but we saw a guy had a set of 77 T/A SE rims and tires for 200 bucks in the classifieds. so we got them and my dad pocketed the almost 1000 bucks difference .
Old 05-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #21
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
It was crazy fast
And the stats were:

1/4 Mile ET: 11.822
1/4 Mile MPH: 117.960
1/8 Mile ET: 7.650
1/8 Mile MPH: 92.590
0-60 Foot ET: 1.864

Actually it looked EXACTLY like this:

it looked nice. and the 0-60 is unbelievable. But ET is Estimated Time, right? All of you guys have great storys so lets keep all these good stories coming.(I know that sounds bad because the cars were stolen, but its great reading material).
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
Smokintires
Great Member

BUMP!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #23
Dentyneice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
noone invested in LoJack?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
Smokintires
Great Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentyneice View Post
Why? OnStar has a threft/ recovery system.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentyneice View Post
While working for LoJack a few years back we heard about a 4th gen stolen, recovered, stored at a tow yard, stolen from the tow yard, recovered again and all within 24 hours..

LoJack works!!!
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #26
Smokintires
Great Member

BUMP #2!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #27
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Wasn't stolen..but more or less violated.

It's almost midnight so I'll give the short story version.

I was in class at school and at the end of the day (friday..woo) was looking forward to a long weekend and the HS football game. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way because some asshat thieves broke into the senior lot cars (seperate lots for underclassmen and seniors) and stole what later amounted to almost 200K of equipment, cars, and rims.. right under the school's nose.

Just deserts were served to two of the rich snotty kids (which were snotty as all hell..) One had a Merc, the other a Jag. Both were later found totaled; one with no person in sight and the other a fatal accident. Kid's family ended up getting sued by the perp's surviving family.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #28
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Kid's family ended up getting sued by the perp's surviving family.
what the hell did they sue for?