The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Talking Has anyone gotten there car stolen ever? or do you know someone who had a car stolen?

Tell me your story of when you or someone you know.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
We had a 1994 Astro van and we took it to get it repaired and never saw it again.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
when I was 7 my scorchers hotwheels car got taken by my brother. Never saw it again.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
A Friend, to be nameless, had his 1995 Twin Turbo Supra (Hot Car) stolen from the local Train Station. His insurance company sent him a check after having no luck of finding it for a month or so and then they found it in a chop shop in Queens NY. What a sick feeling coming home from work and your car is missing.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Smokintires
Great Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
We had a 1994 Astro van and we took it to get it repaired and never saw it again.

ha ha ha that sounded hilarious. You got your van stolen from a repair shop? That is hilarious.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
Smokintires
Great Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
A Friend, to be nameless, had his 1995 Twin Turbo Supra (Hot Car) stolen from the local Train Station. His insurance company sent him a check after having no luck of finding it for a month or so and then they found it in a chop shop in Queens NY. What a sick feeling coming home from work and your car is missing.
Wow that sucks it had to be a fast car if it had a Twin Turbo.
Did it look like this? Just kidding.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
A customer of mine had his car (3rd gen Camaro) stolen while parked in the parking lot back in February. He put his stuff in the car and buckled up his baby boy in the child seat in the back seat and went to put the shopping cart up. While he was putting it up someone hopped in and took his car (keys was in it). The next morning the baby was left on the steps of the local police station with a note saying they didn't know the baby was in the car when they stole it.

The car turned up the next month at our local Walmart parking lot. It had about 20k more miles on it and looked like they drove it to hell and back. Had 4 flat tires with no tread, looked like they did burn outs until they popped, the front looked like it had been run into a tree a couple times, both the front and rear bumper covers had been ripped off and was in pieces (from trying to either trying to tow or pull something) in the trunk and back seat, the rear axle had a chain around it from where they was pulling something, the suspension was shot, the paint was scratched and dinged where they drove it though the woods and both mirrors was broken and hanging, the interior had cigarette burns all over the seats and carpet, the passenger seat was partially burned where the guy who stole it fell asleep while smoking.

The couple who did it was caught trying to steal another car and admitted to stealing his as well.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Smokintires
Great Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
A customer of mine had his car (3rd gen Camaro) stolen while parked in the parking lot back in February. He put his stuff in the car and buckled up his baby boy in the child seat in the back seat and went to put the shopping cart up. While he was putting it up someone hopped in and took his car (keys was in it). The next morning the baby was left on the steps of the local police station with a note saying they didn't know the baby was in the car when they stole it.

The car turned up the next month at our local Walmart parking lot. It had about 20k more miles on it and looked like they drove it to hell and back. Had 4 flat tires with no tread, looked like they did burn outs until they popped, the front looked like it had been run into a tree a couple times, both the front and rear bumper covers had been ripped off and was in pieces (from trying to either trying to tow or pull something) in the trunk and back seat, the rear axle had a chain around it from where they was pulling something, the suspension was shot, the paint was scratched and dinged where they drove it though the woods and both mirrors was broken and hanging, the interior had cigarette burns all over the seats and carpet, the passenger seat was partially burned where the guy who stole it fell asleep while smoking.

The couple who did it was caught trying to steal another car and admitted to stealing his as well.

Oh my god. Its great that the baby was alright. Wow that was the best true story I have ever heard. Wow my girlfriend was reading this with me and she was in complete shock. WOW.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
Ranger 75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Had a 92 Dodge Ram stolen in Oct. 1992 while in the car theft capitol of the USA (El Paso, TX).
Ranger 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
Wow that sucks it had to be a fast car if it had a Twin Turbo.
Did it look like this? Just kidding.
It was crazy fast
And the stats were:

1/4 Mile ET: 11.822
1/4 Mile MPH: 117.960
1/8 Mile ET: 7.650
1/8 Mile MPH: 92.590
0-60 Foot ET: 1.864

Actually it looked EXACTLY like this:
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
My friend and I got both of our cars stolen out of the same lot at the same time! It was a warm Tuesday in 1994, mid-March (rare), and I decided to get the car out of the garage for the first time since winter. Drove it to the shop, and after work washed it up. My buddy and a few friends all met down the street at a local pub for "pizza night'. The bar is right on a main drag here. He parked his gleaming white 1986 IROC on the West side of the bar, I parked my spotless all-original white 1984 Monte Carlo SS on the East side. We all had a good time eatin' pizza, throwin' darts, havin' a few beers. My friend decided to leave , then after a minute or so, came back in and asked which one of us fools moved his car! We all laughed....then I noticed he was not kidding. I ran out with him and his car was gone! I then spotted a 1985 Grand Am 4 door in the lot with a busted left rear door glass, and it was running....STOLEN. I had a sick feeling...I ran to the East side of the bar and my freakin car was GONE. I whipped my keys against the side of the building in disgust. Long story short....we called the cops, and made reports, and went car hunting the next day in a certain part of town where stolen cars end up. His was finally found by police smashed up against a pole. I got a call 2 nights later from the city impound. My Monte had been thrashed, but still ran...sorta. We found out later from police that the Grand Am was stolen a few blocks away by 2 highschool punks, and as they were heading back to the "hood", decided that the Monte annd IROC were much better targets. They were witnessed racing down a certain street in the hood by a cop on a traffic stop later that night. Getting your car stolen sucks...especially when you finally get it back...you feel like you have been violated to some respect. I parked the Monte and left it alone for months. I felt sorry for it. After awhile, I decided to get her cleaned up and back together again....and I owned it for 4 more years...but I NEVER let it out of my sight ANYWHERE after that.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

how do you put 20k on a vehicle in a month? that is like driving around the earth.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
Oh my god. Its great that the baby was alright. Wow that was the best true story I have ever heard. Wow my girlfriend was reading this with me and she was in complete shock. WOW.
Lol.

We was all happy when he came by the next day and told us the good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
how do you put 20k on a vehicle in a month? that is like driving around the earth.
It's just 600 miles a day (8 hours at 75 mph). When my brother drives back and forth from college he drives 900 in a day.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #14
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I had my 87 Yamaha 600 FZ stolen out of a parking lot. Left it overnight and caught a ride home with my girlfriend(now wife) because of a severe thunderstorm. Next morning it was gone. Had to wait 5 weeks for insurance to pay off. After a month I got a loan and bought a 74 Monte Carlo. Cops found it right before pay off. Damn, now I had 2 loans. Bike was beat to hell. Brand new rear tire was no longer round. It had a flat surface all the way around with no tread and lots of cord showing. Every piece of fiberglass was busted, tank dented, seats torn, gas tank lock broken, etc, etc. Came within $36 dollars of totaling it out and they wouldn't do it. Sold it for $500. Cop told me that they pulled the kid over for the headlights being out due to a bad hotwire job. 16 year old kid then tried to scuffle with the police. Broke the one cops glasses and he told me after that it was "game on" and that they got a few in for me too. At the arraignment his momma told me he was a good boy and didn't know it was stolen. I paid $6000 for it, I wonder what that 16 year old paid for it since he didn't know it was stolen.