Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is the best car performance battery?
Optima Yellow Top 7 11.29%
Optima Red top 31 50.00%
Interstate Batteries 5 8.06%
Die-Hard 4 6.45%
Duralast 2 3.23%
Kinetik 2 3.23%
Autocraft Titanium 0 0%
Exide 2 3.23%
Everstart 0 0%
True Start 0 0%
Other 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #15
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have not had any issues with my stock gm batteries, and i live in north dakota, land of the extremes in weather. -40F in winter to 110f in summer, all mine seem to do really well. Average for me is about 5-7 years on a stock battery
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Red Top Optima

The one in my Nova is 8 years old and sat around for at least one of those years after blowing a head gasket on the motor. Long story short I charged it up and still going strong 4 years later after the all that.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
ricku1967

Drives: sold it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
I probably will buy a Optima battery. Can I get a discount from you since you sell batteries?
sure, i can get you an Optima, I ship them all the time but I would have to charge you shipping, even if I were to get you a discount the shipping would put it right back up. so to be Honest, if you get one locally where you live you might be better off, unless of course they over charge in NY lol
ricku1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricku1967 View Post
sure, i can get you an Optima, I ship them all the time but I would have to charge you shipping, even if I were to get you a discount the shipping would put it right back up. so to be Honest, if you get one locally where you live you might be better off, unless of course they over charge in NY lol
You are an honest man. Hats off to you!

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #19
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
I've used Optima's for I don't know how many years. I used to love 'em way back then, but I've had trouble in recent years. I've actually had three of 'em go bad. They were always under warranty, and I got a new one free of charge each time, but...! Right now I still have one in one of my cars. However, I did make a switch in my Trans Am (because I HATE having any kind of trouble with my battery). I ended up going with one of those new Sears (Ridiculously Expensive) Platinum batteries. So far I love it...it reminds of of the (Old) Optima's I used to get (not their current ones). For what it's worth, a couple of different (battery guys) have told me that they have been seeing alot more trouble with Optima's since the war got going hot and heavy. They suggested that maybe they were trying to keep up with demand, and not paying as much attention to the quality they had always been know for.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #20
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Okay, what are the advantages of having a "performance" battery. Does a non-performance battery no last as long?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokintires View Post
correct a "performance" battery lasts longer. A performance battery doesn't add and HP or MPH but lasts longer.
I would just like to also say that it is an upgrade everyone should consider if you are planning on upgrading your stereo or if you are someone who plans on tailgating with the stereo on for a few hours. Nothing more embarassing then having a brand new car not start up.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #21
ricku1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
I've used Optima's for I don't know how many years. I used to love 'em way back then, but I've had trouble in recent years. I've actually had three of 'em go bad. They were always under warranty, and I got a new one free of charge each time, but...! Right now I still have one in one of my cars. However, I did make a switch in my Trans Am (because I HATE having any kind of trouble with my battery). I ended up going with one of those new Sears (Ridiculously Expensive) Platinum batteries. So far I love it...it reminds of of the (Old) Optima's I used to get (not their current ones). For what it's worth, a couple of different (battery guys) have told me that they have been seeing alot more trouble with Optima's since the war got going hot and heavy. They suggested that maybe they were trying to keep up with demand, and not paying as much attention to the quality they had always been know for.
Well the Optima battery was a damn good battery till Johnson controls(interstate) bought them out a few years ago. There quality has gone down since the buy out, they still are a very good battery but not as good as before the buy out
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
BUMP
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
Smokintires
Great Member

BUMP! #2
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #24
ricku1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
You are an honest man. Hats off to you!
Thank you...thank you very much
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #25
Smokintires
Great Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricku1967 View Post
Thank you...thank you very much

I agree with him rick you are a honest man.

Tags
battery camaro