Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #15
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I am glad everyone enjoyed the CamaroCross. Thank you for driving with us. Congratulations to the winners in all of the classes. The twelve of you were the best of the best this year. Those of you who qualified but were eliminated did a fantastic job as well. Sometimes it is just the fraction of a second that makes it or breaks it. I am already looking forward to next year.

I need to thank the KY SCCA for the use of their trailer and four hundred cones. Without that many cones we could not have set up the course we did. It was easy enough to follow that new drivers could enjoy themselves and the more experienced people could open it up and have some fun. I really enjoyed racing along the wall on that back sweeper.

Working with the core group and the volunteers from Music City and Derby City clubs was great. I feel we get better and better each year and know next year will be the best yet.

Thank you all for participating.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #16
lenamie

Drives: 2010 ABM w/white hockey stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I am glad everyone enjoyed the CamaroCross. Thank you for driving with us. Congratulations to the winners in all of the classes. The twelve of you were the best of the best this year. Those of you who qualified but were eliminated did a fantastic job as well. Sometimes it is just the fraction of a second that makes it or breaks it. I am already looking forward to next year.

I need to thank the KY SCCA for the use of their trailer and four hundred cones. Without that many cones we could not have set up the course we did. It was easy enough to follow that new drivers could enjoy themselves and the more experienced people could open it up and have some fun. I really enjoyed racing along the wall on that back sweeper.

Working with the core group and the volunteers from Music City and Derby City clubs was great. I feel we get better and better each year and know next year will be the best yet.

Thank you all for participating.
DITTO to everything you just said and thank YOU, Mr. MVP & Safety Manager!
lenamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #17
lenamie

Drives: 2010 ABM w/white hockey stripes
I updated the OP with the times from the Saturday AM session as well as the final placings.
lenamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:05 AM   #18
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Personally, I think the Passengers is a no go I'm my eyes. But thats me.

Also I will be posting the photos I took Monday Evening after work for all to download and have!
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:21 AM   #19
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Thanks to all the volunteers for running this. I had a great time.

I do have some suggestions for next year and a question? The people setting up classes and/or doing balance of performance work have a difficult and thankless job. I've had to deal with the BOP committee in both the Continental Series and Pirelli World Challenge as a team/car owner. That being said, here goes:

1. Using tire size is only a part of the performance eval. But saying a 305 is a 305 is a 305 is too simplistic. Someone running a 285 R compound TWR 60 will outperform a 305 TWR 200 tire. It would be a simple tech inspection item to upclass anyone running a competition tire.

2. I see some people were allowed to run in multiple sessions which I think is great. Seat time on tracks or autoX layouts will drop times for sure. The best time driver, Jason Chinn, ran in all three sessions. But I saw no info in the extensive CamaroCross rules and information regarding running multiple sessions. I packed up and left after my Friday sessions but would have loved to run some more, even if just for fun.

And finally my question. Some Z28's are in C3 and some in C4. My "less than factory" Z28 (was running PSS's and not the Trofeos) was in C4 but some are in C3.

Thanks again for a great event.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #20
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Had a great time guys, thank you .
Old 08-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #21
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
Thanks to all the volunteers for running this. I had a great time.

I do have some suggestions for next year and a question? The people setting up classes and/or doing balance of performance work have a difficult and thankless job. I've had to deal with the BOP committee in both the Continental Series and Pirelli World Challenge as a team/car owner. That being said, here goes:

1. Using tire size is only a part of the performance eval. But saying a 305 is a 305 is a 305 is too simplistic. Someone running a 285 R compound TWR 60 will outperform a 305 TWR 200 tire. It would be a simple tech inspection item to upclass anyone running a competition tire.

2. I see some people were allowed to run in multiple sessions which I think is great. Seat time on tracks or autoX layouts will drop times for sure. The best time driver, Jason Chinn, ran in all three sessions. But I saw no info in the extensive CamaroCross rules and information regarding running multiple sessions. I packed up and left after my Friday sessions but would have loved to run some more, even if just for fun.

And finally my question. Some Z28's are in C3 and some in C4. My "less than factory" Z28 (was running PSS's and not the Trofeos) was in C4 but some are in C3.

Thanks again for a great event.
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the creator of the formula was able to attend at the last minute so we were left to decipher it for you. That being said I do believe that the tire size and the tread wear were requested in the tech form. I do agree that it tread wear makes a huge difference despite the tire width.
People were allowed to run multiple sessions. If someone qualified in the first session they ran that time was the time used to determine if they qualified or not. Any subsequent times were not dismissed and the next person down the list was moved into a qualifying spot. I will make sure that next years sign up clearly and body notes that drivers are allowed multiple sessions if they would like. I apologize for the confusion in that area.
Passengers are allowed. One passenger is allowed with the competitors based on age. It is decided case by case. We verify that safety equipment like helmets and restraining belts fit properly. If not, they are not allowed. Occasionally one will slip by.
As for the white rental, I have no control over that.

Please continue to add constructive criticism. We try to improve this every year. Since the Fest is usually mobile, the course is built on the spot Thursday. We test it extensively with our own personal cars which vary from stock Camaros to modified Camaros and Corvettes to try to iron out potential danger areas. While we do lean a move novice friendly environment we do leave some elements of technicality and excitement in for the more experienced drivers with out overwhelming the novices.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #22
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Well worth a hundred bux ;-P

My first CamaroFest was a blast. I won my C1 Camarocross class on the wet coarse Friday morning over a couple C1 SS cars Won my first round of V6 drag racing. Got my second guy a .1 reaction time to a .6 reaction time, about half track he hit his silly gas and my little stock V6 just couldn't hang (we both ran 95mph tho). Sorry about your bad luck in the drags Miss Ruby I think they should have figured a way for you to run. All in all it was a blast look forward to Fest7. Bet my car has some mods by then.
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
This was my first autocross event ever. I completely enjoyed myself. Pete and his crew as well as the volunteers put on a great event. I did run a session on both days. And heard an announcement that we could have run ever session we wanted to. I instead chose to run drags the rest of the day on Friday. But spent the day at autocross on Saturday. Its just too bad that members have to chose between the two event. Even after Pete went to great lengths to accommodate me to drag finial on Saturday, the drag side dropped the ball and i was eliminated from drags for a "No Show". But I salvaged the weekend with a Class "C2" First Place trophy! Thanks Pete for such a awesome trophy made from race engine parts!

My only suggestions would be is to find a way drivers can drag and autocross in this once a year gathering. And maybe have a run off between class winners. All it takes is one cone and any class could be grand champion.

PS. I started the weekend on stock PZero tires with 13,000 miles on them, my Indy 500 Pace car ended the weekend with Zero tread left. Monday morning a tire store is my first stop. But well worth it!!! ;-)
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #24
Smkymts

There is a valid point about the more sessions you run the lower your time can be from understanding the course and what works best. But so does, the time of day, moisture and heat. All of which played a role this weekend.

Pete and his crew attempted to address this by changing the course before the finals. In some ways it was much more difficult and gave advantage to cars with a tighter turn radius. But was still fair as it was new to everyone. Something to consider when talking about horsepower being an advantage, I believe the second place trophy in class 2 was awarded toa Camaro V6 racing against V8 and supercharged V8s. But I may have misunderstood.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #25
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Yea I guess I'm glad I was one of the first out on Camarocross finals. What a time to try something new. All my other passes I left my traction control on. I got to the dougnut and just over spun. Was watching my video and when I shifted into 2nd gear my tap shift got tapped too many times oops. I went from 1st to 3rd LOL. O'Well I got to do a couple passes on the strip. Congrats on the 1st place Smkymts
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #26
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
My main critique is why Corvettes are running in the CamaroCross at Camaro Fest. Even if they weren't going to compete for Trophies they still took up spots in the finals that would have otherwise been someone with a Camaro. There was a C5 class for shop cars they should have just ran with them.

Plus when signing up online the only option in the drop down menu for vehicle was a Camaro.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
Smkymts

I came by myself, so if anyone has pics or video of the white Indy Pace Car please email them to me at smkymts@comcast.net

Thanks
Old 08-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #28
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Are you on FB? Matt is going to post some photos on the JPSS page

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote