The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
C7 Question

Ok, I'm considering on making the jump to a C7. This isn't going to happen anytime soon so don't expect pictures or updates everyday. Still in the research and financial process I don't jump into anything fast. For those of you who made the jump what do you miss about the Camaro and what do you love about the C7?

Thanks, Jim
Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
Ok, I'm considering on making the jump to a C7. This isn't going to happen anytime soon so don't expect pictures or updates everyday. Still in the research and financial process I don't jump into anything fast. For those of you who made the jump what do you miss about the Camaro and what do you love about the C7?

Thanks, Jim
We do have an entire C7 forum here. You can navigate between sites (Camaro5, Camaro6, Corvette7) through the drop down thing in the top right corner. Same username & login for all 3.

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Get in touch with DRKS1D3. He went from a 2011 Camaro SS M6 convertible to a C7 Grand Sport. He seems to be pretty pleased with the trade.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Which C7 are you interested in? Z51 package? Z06? GS? Stingray? Which options are you looking to get?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I'm not completely sure what the different packages offer. My primary interest for the Corvette is doing track days.

Thanks
Craig

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Which C7 are you interested in? Z51 package? Z06? GS? Stingray? Which options are you looking to get?
I’m looking into a used Z06 but all options are open.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
The C7Z06 is a great car and a very nice upgrade over a Camaro. If you have the cash and don't need a back seat its worth doing. The LT4 motor makes so much torque but that could also be said about a Camaro ZL1. You could probably get one of those for the same price I'm guessing.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post

Thanks, Jim
Hey Jim, I made the jump in 2015.....I ordered mine so I would get EXAXTLY what I wanted, and not having to pay for any extras I didn't really need. Since I have traded it in and got a 2017, and most recently a 2019. I was/am in a little different situation though as my Vette is my daily driver, and my daily commute is 100 miles, round trip. but I have to tell you, its a damn nice ride!! LOL All three of mine have been Stingrays 2LT's. When I traded the first 2 in, each had a tad over 40k miles on them, and I have a hair over 14k on my '19. all three have been GREAT rides, and have had ZERO issues on all 3. the only times they have been to the dealership was for free oil changes, or to attend my monthly car club meetings, of which the dealership is the sponsor of. I have taken fairly long road trips in them, as much as 3k miles, been to and driven the Tail of the Dragon, and about 300 miles of the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway to name a few.....and I can tell you for sure....the Vette has a LOT MORE trunk space then the Camaro.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #9
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Thanks Sir Nuke, when I posted this I was looking forward to your response. Thanks to all, like I said I’m in the early stages so don’t expect much it could be a year. Thanks again, Jim

Sir Nuke they all look beautiful but I love the 2019 orange.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #10
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I owned a 2014 Z51 and then a 2016 Z06.

Both were amazing cars and much more fun to drive than the 5th Gen I had previously.

I ordered my Z51 from the factory and that was pretty amazing. There are a lot of little things I loved about the C7, including the slide down stash, the navigation system was pretty sweet with weather information.

If you plan on doing any track time, try to find a C7 with the PDR so you can both record track time as well as personal driving if you want as well.

Are you getting a Z51, Z06 or perhaps a ZR1?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #11
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Steve Dallas, I’m looking in all directions. I won’t be tracking it it’s just a car I fell in love with when I first saw it.