The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Maybe! I loved Charleston it’s such a nice area, I’m not so keen on being right on the ocean I really like to be inland but if a job offer is good enough I’m going. Lol.
Let me help you out with a little more advice. Others have made some great, great advice, and I too would not move till you have employment. You can always rent till you find a great house to move into. BE PATIENT!

I lived in New Bern, NC, east coast for 22 years before moving to Indianapolis. I miss the SOUTH a lot, great people, and I still have family there to go visit. I miss it even more when I wake up and the high for the day is 19 degrees...lol.

Do NOT focus on living on the ocean or really close to it.. no need, heck anywhere you live in the state, you are only an hour to 1.5 hrs away from it. Makes it a nice drive to visit and return home, without the high cost of homes/property.. and FLOOD INSURANCE. You are young and very ambitious, which is GREAT, but do not try and live beyond your income. Be smart, be patient, find a job you LIKE and enjoy, them move.

I too will return to east coast of NC when the time is right. I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, the ocean.. it's a slice of heaven if you are into those things. My best to you, and good luck on finding a job and moving to SC.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #16
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
dont forget to ask if moving expenses are available - you'd be surprised what some companies are willing to pay for, if you ask...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
dont forget to ask if moving expenses are available - you'd be surprised what some companies are willing to pay for, if you ask...
Great idea! I’m really trying to get a state job in IT. I’m trying to get into a government job I know it’s tough but I like a challenge.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #18
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Let me help you out with a little more advice. Others have made some great, great advice, and I too would not move till you have employment. You can always rent till you find a great house to move into. BE PATIENT!

I lived in New Bern, NC, east coast for 22 years before moving to Indianapolis. I miss the SOUTH a lot, great people, and I still have family there to go visit. I miss it even more when I wake up and the high for the day is 19 degrees...lol.

Do NOT focus on living on the ocean or really close to it.. no need, heck anywhere you live in the state, you are only an hour to 1.5 hrs away from it. Makes it a nice drive to visit and return home, without the high cost of homes/property.. and FLOOD INSURANCE. You are young and very ambitious, which is GREAT, but do not try and live beyond your income. Be smart, be patient, find a job you LIKE and enjoy, them move.

I too will return to east coast of NC when the time is right. I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, the ocean.. it's a slice of heaven if you are into those things. My best to you, and good luck on finding a job and moving to SC.
Thanks for the great advice to you and everyone else! I’ve been insanely busy since Christmas time it’s been crazy so I haven’t been able to read everything here until yesterday.
I really like to be inland, Columbia is where a lot of government jobs are I want to use my vacation time this summer to go down and explore a lot of cities in depth.I don’t mind a 2 hour drive to the ocean, I want to be away from snow and the cold and the fact our job market is crap up here. I really fell in love with the Carolinas the multiple times I’ve been down there and I knew that North or South Carolina would be my home.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #19
ItsChristianInHD

If anyone has info on Columbia, Greenville, Fort Hill, Mount Pleasant any cities and would be kind enough to give their expirince please do. Columbia I see has a lot of crime, although I live near Warren Ohio soooooo yeah.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:45 AM   #20
98ss1le

Drives: 98SS1LE, 02EBZ06
I live in SC and have been here my whole life. 56 years old. I live on the state line beside Augusta, GA. The best areas around Columbia, SC are north of I-20. Research Lexington, Irmo, Blythewood, and Ballentine. These areas have the best public schools and naturally lots of growth.

Good Luck with your search.

Kenny
98ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #21
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ss1le View Post
I live in SC and have been here my whole life. 56 years old. I live on the state line beside Augusta, GA. The best areas around Columbia, SC are north of I-20. Research Lexington, Irmo, Blythewood, and Ballentine. These areas have the best public schools and naturally lots of growth.

Good Luck with your search.

Kenny
Thank you man!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:33 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Used to live in Charleston. I really liked the southern charm. Lots of great places to eat. Really great Camaro/car scene. Worst thing, was the traffic. Especially if you work in the heart of the city and live anywhere between Hanahan and Summerville.