Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #29
M6HuggerSS

Drives: Crane Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
When your roof is leaking you don't go out and get a new front door. You repair or replace the roof. While the contractor is there you may also get that new front door and a new deck, but the number one priority is the leaking roof. The leaking roof on the 5th Gen Camaro is found in the sub-frame bushes.

The foundational suspension modification in a 5th Gen Camaro is found in the sub-frame bushes. Adding trailing arms and or toe link does NOT address the foundational instability of the OE sub-frame bushes. The twist in the sub-frame remains as does the undesirable rear-end-step-out.

Adding sway bars before addressing the sub-frame OE bushes results in a Camaro that leans and rolls less, but the foundational sub-frame bush characteristic of a loose rear end remains.

Every suspension company has some type of full sub-frame bush replacement because it is the critical component and building block for all other modifications. Pedders has the EP1201 and EP1201HD full replacement bushes plus the EP1200 inserts. Address the weakest link in your suspension first because all other modifications will perform better once you have installed sub-frame insert or full replacement sub-frame bushes.

that is great info to know...
i know several guys that are thinking the same thing... where to start...

if you have time in the future... id love to see a suspension upgrades, MILD to WILD chart... this would start as stated above, with what is NEEDED, and go from there... giving guys a better idea of what basic items to start with... and then what items to get... because as stated, im sure there is an order to avoid... lets make sure that we have a list of the correct order, or at least recommended order...

and thanks again for sharing your insight.

1999 HUGGER SS SOLD :(
400rwhp (3375lbs)

2002 YELLOW Z06 SOLD :(
360rwhp (3040lbs)

2013 CAMARO ZL1 COMMING SOON
M6HuggerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
Is that the subframe bushing that is deflecting?
I'm thinking it's the rear end. I need to pay more attention to it next time I'm under there. I have seen vendors with this same angle showing how bad the movement is and recommending better bushings. There after videos look much better, I will do a before and after when I get the correct bushing. There are bushings and spacers for the rear end rubber.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
I'm thinking it's the rear end. I need to pay more attention to it next time I'm under there. I have seen vendors with this same angle showing how bad the movement is and recommending better bushings. There after videos look much better, I will do a before and after when I get the correct bushing. There are bushings and spacers for the rear end rubber.
The bushing that is flexing so much is the cradle bushing. There are four total suspending the cradle. This movement is why this is one of the first upgrades we recommend to our customers. The cradle locates the entire rear suspension in the vehicle. You can upgrade them with cradle inserts or complete bushings, the choice is yours. The OE bushings have voids in them that can be upgraded with the poly inserts relatively easy. Just remove the 4 main cradle bolts, lower the cradle and insert the upper and lower insert. They are very economical and this mod alone will really firm up the cradle and reduce movement. If you want to upgrade the entire bushing, we have complete bushings as well. They require much more labor but reduce movement even further than the inserts.

If you are interested in seeing what is necessary to replace them, you can view our instructions here:

BK016 - Cradle inserts
BK024 - Complete cradle bushings

For the complete line of BMR bushings and suspension products, go HERE.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
retrorsss
2010 RS 2SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2SS
Only my opinion but PEDDERS knows what they are doing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
I live in PA do not want to lower car, SS L99, but want to upgrade suspension for spirited driving, what should I do?

1. add sway bars with end links, subframe bushings, rear trailing arms, toe rods, strut tower brace, subframe connector with drive shaft tunnel brace, or

2. Coilovers set to stock height, subframe bushings,trailing arms, toe rods, bushings but do I do sway bars also?

Have looked at BMR, Pfadt and Pedders, all have different solutions.

Do I do Pfadt sway bars with the rest from BMR (sorry you don't show end links available) OR Coilovers with bushings (Pedders), although sorry Pedders don't like you web site, to hard to decide what you are pointing people to with your different packages.

OR another manufacturer?

When I say spirited driving, I mean there is only the right pedal, don't like the brake pedal to be involved unless needed to stabilize the chassis.
I only want to give you a brief explanation of my great experience with Justice Pete and Rob at Wretched Motorsports. I also wished for my car to handle better,but unlike you I wanted to lower it a bit. After talking to Pete (Very honest and professional) (could have sold me the world but chose to be honest and tell me what he would install for the results I wanted) I settled on the Camaro street one kit, the progressive rate lowering springs, and the EP-1201 Rear sub frame bushings. After driving over 600 miles round trip for the trouble free professional installation by Wretched Motorsports. I then returned home (much quicker than I drove there) To put it in very simple words my car is incredible! It handled completely different after they were done with it. I had a chance to run a few laps on Watkins Glen International raceway with the improvements and holy !??!. Give PEDDERS a chance I assure you, you will be amazed with the car when they are done.
Stephen Moracco
K&N, MBRP exh. , Hurst, PEDDERIZED with drops/bushings, Chrome bumpers, retro hood vents, ACC marker tinted marker lights, and soon to have chrome rocker trim. Working on 20" custom rally rims next, then onto the supercharger.
retrorsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #33
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrorsss View Post
I only want to give you a brief explanation of my great experience with Justice Pete and Rob at Wretched Motorsports. I also wished for my car to handle better,but unlike you I wanted to lower it a bit. After talking to Pete (Very honest and professional) (could have sold me the world but chose to be honest and tell me what he would install for the results I wanted) I settled on the Camaro street one kit, the progressive rate lowering springs, and the EP-1201 Rear sub frame bushings. After driving over 600 miles round trip for the trouble free professional installation by Wretched Motorsports. I then returned home (much quicker than I drove there) To put it in very simple words my car is incredible! It handled completely different after they were done with it. I had a chance to run a few laps on Watkins Glen International raceway with the improvements and holy !??!. Give PEDDERS a chance I assure you, you will be amazed with the car when they are done.
Stephen Moracco
Stephen,

It has been a really busy hard week and it is only Tuesday. Some days the volume of emails and calls are just overwhelming. My butt was dragging which is unusual because I love what I do. Then I read your post. You just made my day. Let me rephrase that. You just made my week. Thank you!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #34
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Besides the Pedders Track 1 package w/o lowering springs I am going to price a combination package of Pfadt sway bars and end links and BMR total bushing kit, trailing arms and toe rods to creat my own package. I guess I read all the threads and see good in various manufacturers packages.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote