Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: How many would not have pre-ordered in October?
I would have pre-ordered in October. 92 59.35%
I would not have pre-ordered in October. 25 16.13%
I will never pre-order again. 38 24.52%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #85
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB007 View Post
Venom - Point taken .... not exactly person to person, more person to company, but point taken.

I apologize.
No worries. Just thought I'd inform you. Not calling you out or anything.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #86
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
No we with preorders will get the car before anyone can walk in and buy one off the dealer lot. Most orders that are going to the dealer are already sold so it would be real hard for someone to get a car off the lot. You have your order in, you are in a area that had low allocation, you dont get your car as fast as a major city with larger allocation. It seems pretty simple logic to me. Get the most cars to the largest areas so can be seen by more people. Not BFE nowhere so no one can see it. Its free advertisement for the company not a way to screw you so you can bitch and moan about its not fair. Suck it up and either deal with it or move on to a car you can get right now. Turtle dont know why yours didnt get advanced. Austin is a large city would figure that they would be getting a few rather quickly. It probably because we are almost the farthest they will have to ship a car in the U.S....Damn one of the downsides to being in TX.
yes i know what you mean by that, but there is somethijng called customer appreciation... so everyone who pre-ordered if they live in a small town they are pretty much screwed... sounds like a shitty business move. you want to keep people buying your cars and your customers loyal but they get notched down in the totem pole because of where they live? i have never heard of any company ever doing that... i pre-ordered a game for playstation, guess when i got it? before everyone else.. yea i know it's a car but thats what a pre-order is!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #87
SB007
Superbike Racer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK 6M
GTO

All good points! Remember that forums are for all sides of the conversation and generally a mix of opinions and facts with no one as the "winner" despite all of our fragile egos.

This is my 17th ordered car in my life and my 8th GM.

Cheers!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #88
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
yes i know what you mean by that, but there is somethijng called customer appreciation... so everyone who pre-ordered if they live in a small town they are pretty much screwed... sounds like a shitty business move. you want to keep people buying your cars and your customers loyal but they get notched down in the totem pole because of where they live? i have never heard of any company ever doing that... i pre-ordered a game for playstation, guess when i got it? before everyone else.. yea i know it's a car but thats what a pre-order is!
Funny pic of the missing camaros. I guess they could have built a piece of sh** like this just to keep the line going......But I like your humor<
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #89
2LT/RS

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS
Just wondering if everyone thinks their cars were ordered the day that their money went down. I put my deposit down on the 12th of Feb., my car was ordered on the 10th of March. As for your welcome packs, they may be late but at least you get one. Canadian orders don't.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #90
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Great discussions guys/gals. Knowing that I'm not the only one out there who is frustrated has helped out a lot. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #91
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Production started March 16th... We are 18 days removed... (including weekends).
There are about 2600 known vins, and everyone is going crazy.
Going from 1100 to 3000 can happen overnight.
And yes, BIG markets SHOULD get their allocations first. And somewhere in the treads, it was stated that cars would be produced based on ALLOCATIONS and MUSTANG Registrations. That some people are still at 1100 SHOULD NOT BE A SURPISE.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #92
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camaro99 View Post
Production started March 16th... We are 18 days removed... (including weekends).
There are about 2600 known vins, and everyone is going crazy.
Going from 1100 to 3000 can happen overnight.
And yes, BIG markets SHOULD get their allocations first. And somewhere in the treads, it was stated that cars would be produced based on ALLOCATIONS and MUSTANG Registrations. That some people are still at 1100 SHOULD NOT BE A SURPISE.
My vote for post of the day! GM is doing nothing they didn't say they would do.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #93
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
This issue is one that pisses me off. This IS bad business. Nowhere else can a business do this to their customers and survive. Oh yeah I forgot. GM is NOT surviving...........at least not w/o the help of the taxpayers. This kind of "strategy" is probably one of the factors of why GM is failing in the first place. Poor business practices.

Of all the things worth noting about ordering this Camaro, this shouldn't be one of them. I'm mad. I'm sad. I'm depressed. I'm close to canceling my BIG FAT OCTOBER 15th ORDER. My promptness (so far) hasn't done anything but let a bunch of the Johnny-come-latelys (Jan.-Feb. orderers) get their order pulled before all the early birds.

So really at this point in the game......................WHAT WAS THE POINT OF PRE-ORDERING?

It's not even noon, but I'm gonna have to have a couple of beers now.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #94
jordan 572

Drives: none
knee high to a hooker lol
Old 04-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #95
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
This issue is one that pisses me off. This IS bad business. Nowhere else can a business do this to their customers and survive. Oh yeah I forgot. GM is NOT surviving...........at least not w/o the help of the taxpayers. This kind of "strategy" is probably one of the factors of why GM is failing in the first place. Poor business practices.

Of all the things worth noting about ordering this Camaro, this shouldn't be one of them. I'm mad. I'm sad. I'm depressed. I'm close to canceling my BIG FAT OCTOBER 15th ORDER. My promptness (so far) hasn't done anything but let a bunch of the Johnny-come-latelys (Jan.-Feb. orderers) get their order pulled before all the early birds.

So really at this point in the game......................WHAT WAS THE POINT OF PRE-ORDERING?

It's not even noon, but I'm gonna have to have a couple of beers now.

I totally feel your frustration....honestly, if I had ordered last Oct and my order had not progressed....well I would be outta here just on principle.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #96
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Hate to say it but all manufactures work on this logic. Larger cities take priority. Ford, Chrysler, GM, Toyota. You name it they are doing it this way. You dont like the way its done then dont preorder a car, and wait till you can get one on lot. Its been done this way for many years now. If you are in a major market things come to you first. Thats the way it is. Movies, cars, they are done the same way. Major marketing groups will recieve product priority first. Smaller markets come later. May not be fair to loyal customers, but you are also sending an advertisement to larger cities for a new item. Where do you think they are going to sell more. In the smaller city with low population, or a major city/suburb with high population. Lucky for me I live in one of the largest states, with the #1 dealership for Chevrolet, and a very large population. It adds up to more being sent to this area. If you wanted one sooner you should have gone to a larger city near you, with a dealer with allocation that you would recieve msrp from. Not real hard logic to understand. This was stated before the preproduction was announced. Higher allocation, and more Mustangs sold in that area, the more cars for that area. Shitty reality, but it is what it is...
Old 04-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #97
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Pre-orders got you into the "through Q3 allocation". There is a formula on when the dealer gets his allocated cars. Dealers did not have to submit sold preorders, they could save it and enter regular orders for customers OR for the lot.....Regardless, they get the cars, and that's all that was targeted through September 2009. If they got consensus, they get the car...regardless if it is pre-sold or not. the whole cycle was targeted through Spetember. It has been clear on the Camaro site, and on these sites that your order would be made anytime in that time frame (not delivered). There were never any promises for an exact or even an approximate date. If a dealer said otherwise, or said the sooner you order the sooner you get your car, then your dealer __ __ _____!

The formula is working, larger dealers with more allocation will get orders pulled more often, while a small, two car allocated dealer may get one built in May, and one in August.

Personally, I think they'll ALL be done by July - JMO.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #98
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Welcome packet?

What is or what comes in the welcome packet???? Can anyone help me??
I never received one.

Thanks!!!!!
Eddie

Closed Thread