Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Getting ready for little workshop.

Well my girlfriend and her daughter is moving in soon, so I figure now is the time to get a spot to stash my tools, some work space, and some of my car stuff scattered around the house.

Probably going to pick one of these up soon. Yea, I can build for cheaper, but time is not a luxury of mine, so I'd rather pay here and deliver there.

I have another shed for my outdoor tools. This one is going to be primarily for my toolbox, a long work table, and a place to keep my detailing supplies, paints, various aerosols and lubes, etc. My floor jack and jack stands will stay under my carport/patio.

My eventual goal is to also use this as a shop for doing auto electrical work. I've been wiring emergency vehicles for six years and now I'm branching out to doing the electrical work on the side on friends hot rods, etc. LS swaps, installing full replacement harnesses, things like that.

Probably going to pick between one of these this week.

Left is an 8x12 with two lofts. It's a little low on head space at 6'3" (I'm only 5'9" though) and its a little narrow but overall a lot of storage space. I also have some windows laying around I can add to it. Might a little a bit out of place by my house however, as tall as it is.

Right is a 10x12 standard barn. I lose the walls for shelving large items but gain head room and have a nice wide floor in case I need to take apart something like, say, my riding mower. Being a little lower it won't be as noticeable behind my carport. I can also have slightly wider work tables due to the additional width.

I think I'm leaving to the wider barn. More floor space, less room for me to accumulate crap I don't need.

Either one will be getting the entire interior painted bright orange and lighting and receptacles installed.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote