The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #15
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The #48 team did good! Jimmie is ok, I am just glad that a CHEVY driver won the cup!!
Congrats to Chevrolet!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd rather Gordon or Jr have won, but at least their team mate won. The 48 team has done something really special with this championship. I doubt they will be able to make it 4 in a row though.

Have you watched a COT race? It has improved the racing a bit by making the less aerodynamic and less sensitive to damage, similar to how it was when I started watching it as a kid 15 years ago. The cost has been that all the cars are virtually identical except for engines. Even then, there are only about a half dozen engine shops in Nascar these days.

I agree with the rest of what you said though
I've watched, and attended, NASCAR races with the COT. I agree with your statement that the cars are more "durable", but the racing hasn't improved.

I've witnessed it, and its been said be numerous drivers; the COT makes side by side racing difficult, and theres still aero-issues, ie; pushing, unless you're out in front.

Its gotten so bad that I finally chose not to renew my tickets for Talladega, Charlotte, and the Daytona 500 (which took over 4 yrs. to get on the list for.)
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #17
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I've been a fan of Jimmie's from the beginning and I've put up with the haters throughout the years, so at this point I don't care. I've watch Jimmie go from an off-road racer from El Cajon, CA to becoming one of NASCAR's greats. East County San Diego where I live and Jimmie grew-up has a lot of pride in Jimmie and his accomplishments. I've met Jimmie a couple of times and he is one of the nicest, most honest guys you will ever meet.

For those who say he can't win four-in-a-row, don't hold your breathe, cause they said the samething about three-in-a-row. The no testing rule next year is going to make things really interesting.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I've watched, and attended, NASCAR races with the COT. I agree with your statement that the cars are more "durable", but the racing hasn't improved.

I've witnessed it, and its been said be numerous drivers; the COT makes side by side racing difficult, and theres still aero-issues, ie; pushing, unless you're out in front.

Its gotten so bad that I finally chose not to renew my tickets for Talladega, Charlotte, and the Daytona 500 (which took over 4 yrs. to get on the list for.)
I would have taken those tickets off your hand . . . oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
I've been a fan of Jimmie's from the beginning and I've put up with the haters throughout the years, so at this point I don't care. I've watch Jimmie go from an off-road racer from El Cajon, CA to becoming one of NASCAR's greats. East County San Diego where I live and Jimmie grew-up has a lot of pride in Jimmie and his accomplishments. I've met Jimmie a couple of times and he is one of the nicest, most honest guys you will ever meet.

For those who say he can't win four-in-a-row, don't hold your breathe, cause they said the samething about three-in-a-row. The no testing rule next year is going to make things really interesting.
Not sure why, but I'm thinking that either a Ford or a Dodge driver will win next year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote