Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #29
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
he hasnt showed any footage of I-4...truly horriffic traffic and lots of drivers just dont care about driver courtesy in any way,shape or form.
But the Road is in Good Condition!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #30
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
he hasnt showed any footage of I-4...truly horriffic traffic and lots of drivers just dont care about driver courtesy in any way,shape or form.
Oh yeah I-4 traffic sucks in Orlando! And it's ripped up pretty good now with the whole "Ultimate I-4" construction. I just took my Camaro to the dealer this morning to get the little rubber strip reattached under the front chin spoiler as it got partially ripped off yesterday when I hit some road construction debris in the early morning darkness. I filmed the Disney area roads on my bike during a weekday late morning so there was very light traffic at that time. I avoid I-4 at all costs and usually take the beltway roads - they're tolled but super smooth and fast.
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #31
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
I was just in Sacramento CA... I was amazed how nice the roads were from the airport to downtown, and all around the city!

Come to Denver... It's the Tar Snake Capital of the world! If it's not being ripped up to be repaved, then you're playing Dodge Hole!

Wow, that is just nuts.

They will do that to the residential roads down here in Florida (Tampa Area), but they are promptly repaved afterwards. They simply use that to seal the cracks.

But that pic shows that they painted right over the damned tar. Wow.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #32
Gasoholic

Drives: o
Yeah MI roads are the worst. Gov Snyder is just like all the rest. He promised to do something about it and nothing has happened. Even after they raised the gas taxes.
One good thing about MI though, we dont have emissions testing/inspections. They tried it for awhile in 3 counties but people really didn't like it and they finally abandoned the idea.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #33
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Come on up to Maine if you want to see the worst roads! At least you have pavement!! ( kidding.... well kind of)

Just got back from a road trip to Orlando. Seems the further south you go the roads improve. I have to second what was stated earlier about Disneys roads. They are awesome. I also noticed the highways in Tampa were super nice too. Not so much here in Maine.

The salt, sand and potholes are so bad, it is usually the end of May before I like to take the Camaro out.
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:36 AM   #34
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I live in northren Ohio & when you cross over the Ohio line the first thing you will notice is the roads get very bad right away. Michigan must have a very low budget for street repair and maintenance. Some of the roads are no longer roads.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:55 AM   #35
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Ten miles of I-4 is a complete disaster of construction but other than that and a few teeth rattling old school brick streets they do an excellent job around here.
The toll roads are top notch - maintained with precision and smooth as butter.
Too bad most of the drivers here should have never been able to obtain a license.
A large percent drive with a suspended or revoked license if they ever got one at all.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:08 AM   #36
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGC70 View Post
Come on up to Maine if you want to see the worst roads! At least you have pavement!! ( kidding.... well kind of)

Just got back from a road trip to Orlando. Seems the further south you go the roads improve. I have to second what was stated earlier about Disneys roads. They are awesome. I also noticed the highways in Tampa were super nice too. Not so much here in Maine.

The salt, sand and potholes are so bad, it is usually the end of May before I like to take the Camaro out.
For many years I patrolled those very roads in Standish that you are talking about! Upon retirement we relocated to coastal NC where the roads are flat and actually not that bad. Past September we returned to Maine to visit the granddaughter, after taking 95 through upper NJ and NYC I will never bitch about Maine roads again. I never have seen such pot holes, some large enough for the mob to bury people in. Then you hit the bridges and tunnels at $15.00 a whack and you have to wonder where does the money go?

When we left the granddaughters we told her that if she wanted to see Nana and Grandpa then she needed to catch a flight to New Bern NC!

On a positive note there are many friends there I miss, Italian sandwiches and fresh scallops at Bay Haven.

Best of wishes
Larry
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #37
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
...our roads are an absolute debacle, and the worst I can remember in so many years...
Can't agree more and something everyone has been talking about here in Long Island NY. Up to this month (March) where we've had 4 snow storms, it was a nothing Winter. I drove the Camaro all weekends in Dec, 2 in Jan & 2 in Feb. All we had were a couple of snow dustings and (1) foot in a half storm, (prior to these 4 storms in march).

So march started with plows only having to take to the streets ONCE all winter long. Yet the roads are by far the worse I can remember, I think they tried to make up for the entire winters overtime on that one storm. I can not tell you how many Plows I saw driving down a street with "0" snow on it scraping a bone dry surface with sparks shooting out everywhere. AMOF I was watching the news one morning when maybe a 10th of an inch had fallen at the beginning of the storm and as the live reporter was doing her story a parade of big massive plows were coming down the block plowing the same snowless street one after the next after the next, it was hysterical
Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM   #38
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
In North Dakota there's this cool thing where if there's not snow on the ground, there's construction on the roads. And there's not a lot of roads in North Dakota... Or a lot of anything for that matter.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #39
AGC70

Drives: 2014 Black 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
For many years I patrolled those very roads in Standish that you are talking about! Upon retirement we relocated to coastal NC where the roads are flat and actually not that bad. Past September we returned to Maine to visit the granddaughter, after taking 95 through upper NJ and NYC I will never bitch about Maine roads again. I never have seen such pot holes, some large enough for the mob to bury people in. Then you hit the bridges and tunnels at $15.00 a whack and you have to wonder where does the money go?

When we left the granddaughters we told her that if she wanted to see Nana and Grandpa then she needed to catch a flight to New Bern NC!

On a positive note there are many friends there I miss, Italian sandwiches and fresh scallops at Bay Haven.

Best of wishes
Larry
Larry,
Small world .....It's funny, everyone that I know that moves away misses the same things. (Well as far as food goes) Italian sandwiches, the seafood, whoopie pies and red hotdogs. 🤣🤣🤣
Alan
AGC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:47 PM   #40
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I've driven in 45 states and Michigan does have the worst roads. I go there every year for the Camaro Superfest.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #41
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
NYC has one of the worst known road conditions (at least on the eastern side of the US). The snow and salt spreadings just make the roads worse, with increased potholes.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #42
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
California and Michigan are 2 states severely bankrupt. However like ALL states; road taxes are there to repair roads. However the politicians “move” that money to other places of “need” such as help out Joe Shmo’s organization which in turn puts money back into their pocket

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote