The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Sorry can't help out. I don't do face book.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Old 01-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
den318

Drives: looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
So it can go faster in a straight line/into a wall.. but can it turn?

Give an idiot a Bugatti and he'll kill himself. Give all the idiots of the world a GT500 and the world's IQ level just went up 200 points.

You are in denial. Can the Mustang GT or Boss302 turn a corner? According to every review, the Gt beats an SS around a track. To say the Gt500 can't turn is something only a blind fayboi can say. I can see you crying come this summer. I have a box of tissue for you then.
The look on your face is priceless if the GT500's ring time/track time is faster than the ZL1.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #31
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Yes, it will. the suspension is complete.y redone for the 13 model with a Bilstien (I blieve) electronic dual mode suspension system..... I would honestly say a 12 GT500 PP wouldn't be that far off from a ZL1 in the turning dept, it pulls like 1g on the skidpad and all already and the 13 is going to have even stronger handling.
Riddle me this; how long and under what sustained loads can it hold that 1G before the driver totally loses it? Put the ZL toe to toe with the 13 GT500 on an endurance test to see which one wears out first..

Sure it can do this and that under Rag drivers, but Joe Blow on the street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
You are in denial. Can the Mustang GT or Boss302 turn a corner? According to every review, the Gt beats an SS around a track. To say the Gt500 can't turn is something only a blind fayboi can say. I can see you crying come this summer. I have a box of tissue for you then.
The look on your face is priceless if the GT500's ring time/track time is faster than the ZL1.

And they wonder why we ban people left and right here at C5. You can defend the GT500 all you like, you just make yourself look like an ass posting like some 15 year old on Facebook.

Do I honestly care about the two? Not really. What am I defending then? The fact that the ZL1 will be more drivable to the average consumer and not just some weekend toy that likes to hug trees and walls.

Dick Harrel Camaros did it. Terminator Cars did it. Hell my T/A did it. I just want to see GM's system actually do what it says and not only make the car less of a chore to drive, but stop people from killing themselves.

Have you ever been in a drag wreck? Answer me that.

Last edited by Zabo; 01-27-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: took out a little bit of me being a douche bag
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Riddle me this; how long and under what sustained loads can it hold that 1G before the driver totally loses it? Put the ZL toe to toe with the 13 GT500 on an endurance test to see which one wears out first..

Sure it can do this and that under Rag drivers, but Joe Blow on the street?

And they wonder why we ban people left and right here at C5. You can defend the GT500 all you like, you just make yourself look like an ass posting like some 15 year old on Facebook.

Do I honestly care about the two? Not really. What am I defending then? The fact that the ZL1 will be more drivable to the average consumer and not just some weekend toy that likes to hug trees and walls.

Dick Harrel Camaros did it. Terminator Cars did it. Hell my T/A did it. I just want to see GM's system actually do what it says and not only make the car less of a chore to drive, but stop people from killing themselves.

Have you ever been in a drag wreck? Answer me that.
You are being as bad or worse than anyone in this post. You are judging 2 cars that "Joe Blow", as you call them, haven't drivin yet. The ZL1 is STILL a 580HP car and an inexperienced driver is going to have just as much of a chance of "crashing it into a wall" as they are with a GT500. Remember, Like the ZL1, the GT500 is ALSO going to have a sophisticated launch control, suspension, and stability control system, so where exactly is your logic??????? I will say, as far as drivability, the ZL1 has one big advantage in having an available automatic transmission.

Last edited by Stew; 01-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
So where exactly is your logic???????
First off: You're right. <- Did he just-

Yes, you can take that to the bank too.

My logic is this: I'm in the ZL1's corner because of it's proven technology. Ford has yet to prove it's suspension system and TC system under production variables. GM has.

Am I partial to GM cars? Yes.

Am I wary of Ford cars? Yes.

Do I own a Ford. Yes.

Is it reliable? Ask me again when I'm done replacing the driveline under warranty. Every Ford I've driven has been a disappointment. Maybe every GM you've driven has too.

So TL;DR - Do I mistrust the GT500 over the ZL1? Yes. Would I like to be proven wrong? Gladly.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #34
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
So it can go faster in a straight line/into a wall.. but can it turn?

Give an idiot a Bugatti and he'll kill himself. Give all the idiots of the world a GT500 and the world's IQ level just went up 200 points.
I am not defending anyone and not intending to offend you but you are obviously not knowledgeable about the GT500. The '11 and '12 GT500 beats the CTS-V and M3s of the world around roadcoarses and for 2013, in addition to the massive hp and tq, Launch Control, and other performance goodies, Ford also again improved the GT500's suspension and handling because of the threat the ZL1 brings.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #35
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Well since I have experience in banking I guess my "business acumen" as you say is better than most on this forum. I still dont get you on this site you seem like a Mustang fan alot of the time on here.
I think he is just "open minded" and that is great. ummm but what is your experience in banking?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #36
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by den318 View Post
Chevy fans of this site are all in denials. They "know" what the Gt500 can do, they just can't accept that their new car will be beaten. There will be a lot of feelings hurt come summer.

Similar to our overview of the new supercharged 5.8-liter V8, MM&FF gives a nice overview of the engine changes to the Shelby GT500 for 2013. What really interested us, though, are the details regarding the all new launch control system. An advanced version of the one featured in the 2012 Boss 302, the launch control system allows the driver to set a specific launch rpm, and combined with an advanced traction control system will allow the car to launch with virtually no slip. MM&FF got to experience the system at work and says that “after seeing the system in action, we can report that it performs at the level of even the best quarter-mile hot shoes.” That’s saying something, since editor Evan Smith is an experienced drag racer capable of getting the fastest times out of any car.
Ford also stated that the system is capable of adapting to a wide range of variables. “It works in real time and changes with conditions,” says Dan Dunn, an engineer who worked on the 2013 Shelby GT500. “It will adapt to changes in gearing within reason, and to many performance modification,”
So what can we expect as far as 1/4 mile times from the 2013 if Shelby GT500? MM&FF estimates that “the 650hp GT500 will be capable of running 11.70s to 11.60s at well above 120 mph in bone-stock trim. In optimal conditions, perhaps quicker and faster. And with 4.30s and sticky tires, low 11s or even 10s could be possible.”

Spin this however you want. I fully expected every magazine review of the 13Gt500 to go under 4 sec 0-60, under 12sec quarter and 120mph+ trap. Something the ZL1 missed on every review so far.
Yeah Yeah keep saying whatever makes yourself feel better- Ford is in a world of hurt right now that the Camaro is outselling their flagship little pony car year after year. And on top of that if you really think Ford coming out with a $60,000 or more 650hp Shelby will stop the impending frown that Ford will have being beaten by the new ATS-V, C7 CORVETTE, CODE 130R, & 6TH GEN LIGHTER CAMARO you my friend are sadly mistaken. You like many Ford fanboys seem to forget Ford only has ONE high performance car while GM has many.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #37
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah Yeah keep saying whatever makes yourself feel better- Ford is in a world of hurt right now that the Camaro is outselling their flagship little pony car year after year. And on top of that if you really think Ford coming out with a $60,000 or more 650hp Shelby will stop the impending frown that Ford will have being beaten by the new ATS-V, C7 CORVETTE, CODE 130R, & 6TH GEN LIGHTER CAMARO you my friend are sadly mistaken. You like many Ford fanboys seem to forget Ford only has ONE high performance car while GM has many.
Seriously, I am starting to wonder about you. You keep putting down Ford but do you realize that Ford didn't have to "borrow" money to stay afloat and their portfolio is doing just fine. Look at Chevy stock price....:( Now you are bringing in Corvettes, etc. etc. and cars that are not even out yet. I really don't understand why you make such posts. You are so short sighted and if you have business acumen as you claim you do, then you should know that you have good times and bad times but you manage things so you are financially secure to be in it for the long haul. Ford has proven that. We had to bail out GM. Chill with the non-sense man.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #38
Blue Maro Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM View Post
WTF saying GT500 stands no chance what kind of joker is this??? From the looks of it the GT500 is a better product with better performance, and, sorry to break it to you, will probably sell more in the longrun. And I'm sure Ford is not worried about a 3,300lb camaro when they can do the same.

Edit: And I don't see what you're bashing Ford for... If it weren't for the Mustang you wouldn't be driving a Camaro right now..
Where did I say the 13 GT500 didnt stand a chance performance wise???? ^^^ I see none of that:Yes the GT500 will be good BUT the ZL1 has better technology under its belt and will likely give the new GT500 fits on a road course. In a straight line I think the 500 will have the advantage being lighter and more power BUT until I see that Ford REALLY has a 650hp car that CAN put all that power to the wheels and ground then I will believe it. Even with traction management it will be hard to get all that power down. Also I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I DOUBT the GT500 will outsell the ZL1 in terms of sales unless GM only does a limited run on the car. I guess you havent been paying attention to the sales between the two cars the past 2 & a half years.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #39
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
First off: You're right. <- Did he just-

Yes, you can take that to the bank too.

My logic is this: I'm in the ZL1's corner because of it's proven technology. Ford has yet to prove it's suspension system and TC system under production variables. GM has.

Am I partial to GM cars? Yes.

Am I wary of Ford cars? Yes.

Do I own a Ford. Yes.

Is it reliable? Ask me again when I'm done replacing the driveline under warranty. Every Ford I've driven has been a disappointment. Maybe every GM you've driven has too.

So TL;DR - Do I mistrust the GT500 over the ZL1? Yes. Would I like to be proven wrong? Gladly.
I understand your point, and yes, i used to be all GM all the time, but the last few I have owned and my family has owned have basically been badly built junk (mainly 00 GTP, 00 Regal GS, and leaky, missing 09 CTS), so I understand your point. My best luck has been with Chrysler products, my Patriot has a tick tock reliable gem.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #40
Blue Maro Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Seriously, I am starting to wonder about you. You keep putting down Ford but do you realize that Ford didn't have to "borrow" money to stay afloat and their portfolio is doing just fine. Look at Chevy stock price....:( Now you are bringing in Corvettes, etc. etc. and cars that are not even out yet. I really don't understand why you make such posts. You are so short sighted and if you have business acumen as you claim you do, then you should know that you have good times and bad times but you manage things so you are financially secure to be in it for the long haul. Ford has proven that. We had to bail out GM. Chill with the non-sense man.
Just giving a glimpse into the future thats all.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Just giving a glimpse into the future thats all.
alrighty then. Quick, who will win the SuperBowl, Pats or Giants, and by how many points? I want a sure win...I am putting down a few Gs on the Pats but I will wait for your answer.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Blue Maro - Does GM outsell Ford on every other Ford Model?

Please provide proof that they do.

I've never heard of a V6 owner talking about being able to put power to the ground as much as you do with as little experience as you have. I've owned 3 decently high HP cars, and listening to you say that a ZL1 with 580HP will have no issue with traction compared to a 650HP car is retarded.

Anything over 500HP, no matter how fancy your suspension is, or how advanced, TIRES WILL SPIN, the CAR WILL HAVE SEVERE TRACTION ISSUES.

Hell, MY POS MUSTANG will lose it on the highway in 3rd gear. Big deal. I barely have 510-520HP. Now add 60 more HP. What happens? Traction all of the sudden becomes less of a problem? LOL

Dude, really?

Unless the ZL1 and GT500 have a nice set of sticky tires, I say both of them will be putting on smoke shows.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Closed Thread