Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #29
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
I don't think it would work as a loophole in the states, and without the loophole why pay so much?
It won't. Factory tint is inside the glass, not outside, and anything on the outside of the glass is classified as aftermarket. Not to mention if you claim that it's factory, the court will research whether your make and model did indeed come with factory tint and what level.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #30
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Dipping is the term. It is still inside the glass. It is essentially a new window, with the tint in it, by trading in your old one. I've only heard a few people have done it, because it costs about $500 a window. So it would take tinting, and a few tint tickets to end up eventually equaling it, so people just sent for dipped windows.
But yea, the nightshades idea would be on the inside or outside.
I can't believe none of you have ever heard of this before?
I've used VHT Nightshades to blacken the taillights on my silverado. i got it at a performance shop in Edmonton. $10/can. It's really easy to use. Problem about using it on windows would be that it has a gritty finish. Taillights it's perfect because you spray till it's dark as you want, let it dry, wet sand with 1500G emery cloth, dry and spray on clearcoat.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #31
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Quote:
"if i cause a wreck due to my tint, and the law checks out why tint is on the car, and it comes back to the doctor, they can lose their license." ...

Sorry, just never heard of tint causing an accident. Sounds like your insurance investigator would be rejecting your claim.
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #32
rgrizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It won't. Factory tint is inside the glass, not outside, and anything on the outside of the glass is classified as aftermarket. Not to mention if you claim that it's factory, the court will research whether your make and model did indeed come with factory tint and what level.
Thats bs! A traffic court won't reseach sh*t for a ticket on tinting. The judge will listen to you and the cop, take any evidence and render a decision.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrizzard View Post
Thats bs! A traffic court won't reseach sh*t for a ticket on tinting. The judge will listen to you and the cop, take any evidence and render a decision.
Then obviously you've never sat through multiple traffic court sessions nor know the workings of the court system and how DA's work. The DA's office receives the court agenda and which cases will appear on which day a couple months ahead of time. Their information includes the officers name, the defendant's name, where the ticket was issued, why, any notes deemed important (such as if the defendant claims that the tint is factory), along with a copy of the officers paperwork. The DA's office can then research and gather any evidence they may need or want though most of the time this isn't needed. The DA heads the persecution side and calls upon the officer as their witness along with any evidence or research they have gathered.

P.S I just want to point out that you yourself said
Quote:
The judge will take any evidence
and how do you think they will gather any evidence if it's not researched whether or not it was legal?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #34
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Usually, if the cop can't peel the tint off, they give up. Well, around here anyway...
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #35
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
I have to ask : why go through all the trouble?
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #36
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
The courts and cops aren't stupid and thats what this seems to be based on. The cops have a meter that tells how much light goes through the window. If its not legal you are getting a ticket. They do know that there are NO vehicles available from any factory anywhere with front windows or windshield that are tinted. The manufacturers don't sell them. What a waste of money to bet on them being retarded.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #37
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Oh jeese, thats... whatsitcalled... Nightshades. Damn we can't get that stuff here!
ROAD TRIP!
I'll be using some of this stuff on the tails on my camaro. Plan is to take the tail light apart and either lightly spray just the direct rearward portion of the inner lens (if there is one) or add a lightly tinted piece of plastic inbetween the bulb and the outer lens. It should give it the afterburner look when in running light mode, but the full tail in brake light mode.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #38
rgrizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Then obviously you've never sat through multiple traffic court sessions nor know the workings of the court system and how DA's work. The DA's office receives the court agenda and which cases will appear on which day a couple months ahead of time. Their information includes the officers name, the defendant's name, where the ticket was issued, why, any notes deemed important (such as if the defendant claims that the tint is factory), along with a copy of the officers paperwork. The DA's office can then research and gather any evidence they may need or want though most of the time this isn't needed. The DA heads the persecution side and calls upon the officer as their witness along with any evidence or research they have gathered.

P.S I just want to point out that you yourself said and how do you think they will gather any evidence if it's not researched whether or not it was legal?
Actually I have quite a few times and DA's do not come in for minor tickets, especially window tints. It's the cop vs. you. I know for fact VA, NC, FL, IN and CA are all that way because I've been there and done that.