Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #57
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
How about a Berlinetta Brougham with the vinyl roof?
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #58
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I doubt GM does anything ever again w/ a vinyl roof. Even on all remodeled cars, the vinyl pretty much always goes....unless you're talking about the car itself. Whereas, I'd say that particular vehicle isn't as well known by the general public and GM would probably keep it to those listed above.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #59
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I doubt GM does anything ever again w/ a vinyl roof. Even on all remodeled cars, the vinyl pretty much always goes....unless you're talking about the car itself. Whereas, I'd say that particular vehicle isn't as well known by the general public and GM would probably keep it to those listed above.
I was just joking around. Of course they'll never bring back the Berlinetta model.

I just hope all the V8 models get that cowl induction hood that's on the concept. That's a must for me. Never had a car with a power bulge in the hood, or ram air scoops. I want one this time bad.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I was just joking around. Of course they'll never bring back the Berlinetta model.

I just hope all the V8 models get that cowl induction hood that's on the concept. That's a must for me. Never had a car with a power bulge in the hood, or ram air scoops. I want one this time bad.
I was hoping you were, but you didn't click a smiley or make any indication you were joking.....I was like.....uhhhh.....no...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #61
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Quote:
V6
V6 RS
V8
V8 RS (?)
V8 Z28
V8 SS
Thats exactly how I was expectin em to line it up. I am doubting they will push the horsepower levels people are talking about. I know its possible but it is also ridiculous. Maybe Im just trying to shoot low so when the real thing comes out Im amazed, but Im expectin about 30-50 HP lower than people are guessing on these cars.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #62
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
V6
V6 RS
V8
V8 RS (?)
V8 Z28
V8 SS

Who knows what it will be? Only time will tell.....heck, how's about a SS version of a Z-28?

I think Tag Ur It hit the nail right on the head!!!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Think about it this way, if SS is middle and Z/28 makes the top. With the reputation that SS has, just imagine what people will think about the Z/28...
Whoa, the Z is on top of the legendary SS?!?! What a beast that must be!

I don't care either way, I want the middle guy.
1)I can't afford 30,000+
2)I really have no need for 450-500 horses. 350-400/425 will do
Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #64
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
My first car was an 82 Berlinetta actually. I'd rather have the designation 'Berlinetta' than 'SS' personally.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #65
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You really hate the SS designation, don't you?:p
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #66
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You really hate the SS designation, don't you?:p
LOL No, I just find it a very dull designation. Camaro should have something more unique. And, while 'Berlinetta' isn't Camaro specific, it still isn't as wide used as 'SS'.

Camaro and Corvette should never have an 'SS' model.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:04 AM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Camaro and Corvette should never have an 'SS' model.
I can definetily agree on the corvette not having an SS badge....I mean, corvette kind of says it all....or at least Z06 does. Don't put SS on a vette..

Now, for the Camaro, I just feel it shows top dog. But, I've heard PLENTY of speculation that the Z28 just might be top dog this time around. GM has ways of mixing things up and keeping us on our toes. It wouldn't suprise me one bit to see them designate top dog Z28. Personally, the whole SS nameplate says a lot about a sports car....at least it did until GM started putting it on everything. Luckily they caught themselves before it got too out of control. Ok, I'm getting . My bad.

I've said before that I want the top end model. Unfortunately, I know I won't be able to afford it. 30K will already be pushing it for me. Rising health care cost just screwed our contract and even though I'll be getting a 4% raise, I'm still going to be losing money on our more than doubled health care insurance. It's all BS. It's going to put a big dent in my wallet now that this legislation looks like it's going to pass. Hopefully it'll all work out in the end. I'm shooting for a minimum 400hp.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #68
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Ill be in the military so I should be able to afford $700+ payments a month for 5 years (42000). Ill be getting around 1.5k a month, with next to no expenses since I plan on living on base. Most of my insurance will be paid as well. Now Im HOPING that will get me top dawg, if not I think I can settle for one step down and throw some mods on it.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #69
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:

I've said before that I want the top end model. Unfortunately, I know I won't be able to afford it. 30K will already be pushing it for me. Rising health care cost just screwed our contract and even though I'll be getting a 4% raise, I'm still going to be losing money on our more than doubled health care insurance. It's all BS. It's going to put a big dent in my wallet now that this legislation looks like it's going to pass. Hopefully it'll all work out in the end. I'm shooting for a minimum 400hp.
I hear that. It seems like that is the trend everwhere. The healthcare costs in this country are just getting out of hand....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 AM   #70
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I hear that. It seems like that is the trend everwhere. The healthcare costs in this country are just getting out of hand....
That's one thing, gladly I don't have to worry about in Canada, with free health care. However, we do get nailed alot harder on our taxes than you guys do down there. It all evens out.