The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #155
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

https://www.citizensjournal.us/18-re...zNAlCjcnBszQil

I knew I would enjoy this thread. Using Wayne Allyn Root as a reference is like using Elmer Fudd - he's a lying clown.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #156
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
I knew I would enjoy this thread. Using Wayne Allyn Root as a reference is like using Elmer Fudd - he's a lying clown.
Smart guy.
Ran as vice president in the libertarian movement awhile back IIRC. Die hard conservative radio talk show host with a lot of books to his name. Understands facts and science and often hurts woke feelings. I like the guy.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #157
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/m...t-sars-related

Take the vaccine if you want but always follow the money...
Pointless to do so, and they’re feee for us.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #158
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
United States

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
Old 09-07-2021, 07:32 PM   #159
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting a Covid Vaccine

https://www.citizensjournal.us/18-re...zNAlCjcnBszQil
Figured I'm an open minded person, let's give it a read. What I found interesting is that many of his points have to do with a lack of data available from trials etc etc. I'd accept this reason if I knew that he did this for EVERY medication he's ever taken. Which, I highly doubt he has.

He also mentions that the vaccine doesn't prevent someone from getting Covid? This is very true, of ALL vaccines. Vaccines greatly REDUCE the risk of being infected.

Finally, he mentions that he's already had Covid and I quote, "In my body, and my household, covid is over." Umm nope, sorry, not true. Plenty of people have gotten it multiple times. So he does not have, again direct quote, "Now it appears (as it always has) that I have beautiful, natural, life-long immunity…".

I gave it a shot and I'll be avoiding any future offerings from this author.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #160
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
United States

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
2019 Flu accounted for approximately 300,000 deaths in the US. In 2020 it accounted for about 1,800 deaths in the US. COVID is the cure for flu!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-07-2021, 07:44 PM   #161
strykerg8gt

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to do one of two things. Either wear a mask and socially distance OR get the vaccine. Otherwise, don't be upset when you can't go everywhere you want. This is a public health crisis and your opinion and personal feelings don't come before public safety. Everyone wants to complain about how wearing a mask violates their freedoms. Well last time I checked, the Declaration of Independence mentions the following, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." When does wearing a mask supercede my right to Life?
Old 09-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #162
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Turns out the story about people ODing on animal ivermectin was refuted by the hospital they were supposedly admitted too.

Honestly, I'm completely shocked it was a lie.

Quote:
Rolling Stone slammed for FAKE story about Oklahoma patients overdosing on ivermectin
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and other publications like Newsweek and The Guardian also shared Dr McElyea's fake account of patients overdosing on ivermectin

By Pooja Salvi
Published on : 05:52 PST, Sep 6, 2021

https://meaww.com/dr-jason-mc-elyea-...-on-ivermectin

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #163
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to do one of two things. Either wear a mask and socially distance OR get the vaccine. Otherwise, don't be upset when you can't go everywhere you want. This is a public health crisis and your opinion and personal feelings don't come before public safety. Everyone wants to complain about how wearing a mask violates their freedoms. Well last time I checked, the Declaration of Independence mentions the following, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." When does wearing a mask supercede my right to Life?
You’re missing the 6th amendment where you’re innocent until proven guilty. You naturally assume that someone who isn’t wearing a mask is infected and spreading the virus until you can prove that you’re not getting sick standing near them 10 days later.

A massive point that many pro-mask people are missing is that not all of those who don’t wear masks aren’t being self righteous jerks who don’t care about others. Some have other ailments that prevent them from wearing masks, have experienced trauma in life that renders them mental anguish to wear a mask, and/or some people have issues like claustrophobia or panic attacks that keep the, from being able to wear a mask.

Additionally, there’s studies that show negative psychological impact to kids wearing masks. There’s other studies about the reduced oxygen impact, others yet that show the inability to actually filter the particle size that spreads the illness, and others yet that show how bad people who use masks improperly use the masks themselves (repeated use of single use masks, exposure to extreme heat/sunlight, improper wearing of said mask, etc.).

Just because the government tells you to do something doesn’t always mean it’s the best thing to do. Look at Venezuela, Cuba, 1930’s Germany, or Russia under Stalin.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #164
strykerg8gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You’re missing the 6th amendment where you’re innocent until proven guilty. You naturally assume that someone who isn’t wearing a mask is infected and spreading the virus until you can prove that you’re not getting sick standing near them 10 days later.

A massive point that many pro-mask people are missing is that not all of those who don’t wear masks aren’t being self righteous jerks who don’t care about others. Some have other ailments that prevent them from wearing masks, have experienced trauma in life that renders them mental anguish to wear a mask, and/or some people have issues like claustrophobia or panic attacks that keep the, from being able to wear a mask.

Additionally, there’s studies that show negative psychological impact to kids wearing masks. There’s other studies about the reduced oxygen impact, others yet that show the inability to actually filter the particle size that spreads the illness, and others yet that show how bad people who use masks improperly use the masks themselves (repeated use of single use masks, exposure to extreme heat/sunlight, improper wearing of said mask, etc.).

Just because the government tells you to do something doesn’t always mean it’s the best thing to do. Look at Venezuela, Cuba, 1930’s Germany, or Russia under Stalin.
I assume nothing. No one is on trial. I'm vaccinated and wear a mask. I do this to protect my son who isn't old enough to get the vaccine yet. I also do it because while I am vaccinated, it is possible for me to be asymptomatic. I do it because it's my responsibility as a member of society.

My wife has Cystic Fibrosis and her lungs operate at around 60% capacity. She wears an N95 mask everyday in her classroom. While I concur that there are folks that have medical issues that prevent them from wearing a mask, it's not as many that make that claim.

My wife and I are both educators. I've seen the studies you’re referring to. I question their data collection methods.

And my reason for wearing a mask doesn't come from the government, it comes from a team of respiratory doctors from UPenn, who treat my wife's condition.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #165
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
And my reason for not wearing a mask comes from my doctor who states that I’m healthy and healthy people should never have to wear a mask. You do what’s best for you and your family and I will do the same for mine. I have never been responsible for anyone’s healthcare but my own and my family’s.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #166
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I assume nothing. No one is on trial. I'm vaccinated and wear a mask. I do this to protect my son who isn't old enough to get the vaccine yet. I also do it because while I am vaccinated, it is possible for me to be asymptomatic. I do it because it's my responsibility as a member of society.

My wife has Cystic Fibrosis and her lungs operate at around 60% capacity. She wears an N95 mask everyday in her classroom. While I concur that there are folks that have medical issues that prevent them from wearing a mask, it's not as many that make that claim.

My wife and I are both educators. I've seen the studies you’re referring to. I question their data collection methods.

And my reason for wearing a mask doesn't come from the government, it comes from a team of respiratory doctors from UPenn, who treat my wife's condition.
A vaccine is defined as a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease. If the covid shot was a vaccine people wouldn't be getting sick after having had it. The problem is it is a glorified flu shot. It hopes to target the latest strand of the mutation. If the vaccine was a true vaccine, one you got it you'd be good to go, or at minimum be substantially reduced on chance of getting the illness. The problem is covid is a missing virus that will be with us for the foreseeable future. This isn't because the unvaccinated are killing the world, it's because it's a mutating virus that will do what is necessary to survive.

The fact that many think we can eradicate this virus with minor little cheaply made, non sealing, improper particle filtering masks and an experimental (yes I said experimental because there's no idea of long term effects or effectiveness) "vaccine" is narcissistic and ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
And my reason for not wearing a mask comes from my doctor who states that I’m healthy and healthy people should never have to wear a mask. You do what’s best for you and your family and I will do the same for mine. I have never been responsible for anyone’s healthcare but my own and my family’s.
Ditto. I wash my hands, maintain proper hygiene, and stay away from people if I'm ill. The primary difference I've seen over the last 18 months is I'm yet to see someone yell at someone for wearing a mask, but I've personally been repeatedly mocked, shamed, and discriminated against because I don't because I can't wear a mask. I agree with a person's decision to do what they feel is right for their family, but don't force me into doing what you feel is right for yours. (Not directed at you big1276.)
Old 09-07-2021, 10:46 PM   #167
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
A vaccine is defined as a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease. If the covid shot was a vaccine people wouldn't be getting sick after having had it. The problem is it is a glorified flu shot. It hopes to target the latest strand of the mutation. If the vaccine was a true vaccine, one you got it you'd be good to go, or at minimum be substantially reduced on chance of getting the illness. The problem is covid is a missing virus that will be with us for the foreseeable future. This isn't because the unvaccinated are killing the world, it's because it's a mutating virus that will do what is necessary to survive.

The fact that many think we can eradicate this virus with minor little cheaply made, non sealing, improper particle filtering masks and an experimental (yes I said experimental because there's no idea of long term effects or effectiveness) "vaccine" is narcissistic and ignorant.

Ditto. I wash my hands, maintain proper hygiene, and stay away from people if I'm ill. The primary difference I've seen over the last 18 months is I'm yet to see someone yell at someone for wearing a mask, but I've personally been repeatedly mocked, shamed, and discriminated against because I don't because I can't wear a mask. I agree with a person's decision to do what they feel is right for their family, but don't force me into doing what you feel is right for yours. (Not directed at you big1276.)
Agreed. You do you and I’ll do me. I will never criticize anyone for wearing a mask or getting any vaccinations. It’s just not what’s right for me. It’s really that simple.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
Old 09-08-2021, 05:46 AM   #168
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Smart guy.
Ran as vice president in the libertarian movement awhile back IIRC. Die hard conservative radio talk show host with a lot of books to his name. Understands facts and science and often hurts woke feelings. I like the guy.
It's open season on talk radio anti vacc.
https://www.politico.com/states/flor...-covid-1390555
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Closed Thread