The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 07:10 PM   #141
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
90% efficacy with a couple of the vaccines. Not too shabby.
I'm vaccinated. I'm not opposed.

I have contempt for use of the term "Science" to censor or end debate of any topic. A tactic commonly used by some in more areas than vaccines.

Reason #16 from the above states it well
https://www.citizensjournal.us/18-re...zNAlCjcnBszQil

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #142
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
For month one. Month two: 80. Month 3: 70. Month 4: Booster talk...month 5: ER. Month 6: ? “We just don’t know.” Then, let’s talk about the CDC’s Walensky saying, vaccines won’t stop transmission. Where TF are we, really, then?
Yes, they wane I mentioned that before. It happens. They’re also very good at preventing death and serious illness.
Boosters on the way.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #143
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
United States

Coronavirus Cases: USA
Deaths:
Recovered:
Old 09-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #144
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
United States

Coronavirus Cases: USA
Deaths:
Recovered:
So, 8,863,719 are still dealing with it. Basically the population of NY City.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #145
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
You know it sure was nice (while it lasted anyways) to have a place to visit without this shit being discussed. But you went and ruined that for others and myself so thanks a lot. Yeah you're #1 in my book...
I don't understand, what's wrong with what was said?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:11 PM   #146
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
You know it sure was nice (while it lasted anyways) to have a place to visit without this shit being discussed. But you went and ruined that for others and myself so thanks a lot. Yeah you're #1 in my book...
If it wasn't this it would be oil, or oil filters, or tires, or octane booster, or cams over .600 lift, or PD vs centri, or ______.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:16 PM   #147
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
So, 8,863,719 are still dealing with it. Basically the population of NY City.
That is the amount of people are dealing with it in one way or another.

80% of that number have mild to no symptoms (Flu like symptoms down to feeling fine, but testing positive).

The other 20% have seen some sort of medical care (doctor visit, emergency room visit, actually being admitted to a hospital, or in ICU)
Old 09-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #148
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I don't understand, what's wrong with what was said?
Over a year of all of us dealing with this virus, vaccinations etc and being reminded of it every second of the day after day. I don't know to me and others it sure was nice to have a place to visit (even if for a short time) without being reminded of it.

I've read only some of the responses and will keep my opinions and personal experiences on the matter to myself. This thread is a ticking bomb in so many ways IMO. Tread lightly........
Old 09-07-2021, 01:47 AM   #149
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Reasonable point. The bottom line is, Ivermectin has been used by over 3.7 billion PEOPLE over the course of decades to treat parasitic worm infections in HUMAN adults and children. Generally in more 3rd world locations. They fact that it works on animals as well is simply proof that is has uses for other ‘indications.’

And since the ‘science’ has used the WHO for much of its information, it’s worth noting that Ivermectin is on their, Model List of Essential Medicines. Again, for HUMANS, not livestock!

There is ONE reason why you’re not being told it works. The patent expired decades ago and no one makes much money from the sale of it.
The problem isn't the drug itself, it's people going to the rural king and getting the animal version and self medicating. It's more concentrated because horses are usually larger than humans.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 AM   #150
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Over a year of all of us dealing with this virus, vaccinations etc and being reminded of it every second of the day after day. I don't know to me and others it sure was nice to have a place to visit (even if for a short time) without being reminded of it.

I've read only some of the responses and will keep my opinions and personal experiences on the matter to myself. This thread is a ticking bomb in so many ways IMO. Tread lightly........
I don't understand your reaction either. This is the Off-topic Discussions section. Myself and others who do not like the title of a thread simply do not click on it.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #151
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Old 09-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #152
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

This thread has been unbelievably civil. People with differing points of view discussing them in a calm, rational manner. Something you don't see much of anymore.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:38 AM   #153
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
This thread has been unbelievably civil. People with differing points of view discussing them in a calm, rational manner. Something you don't see much of anymore.
Agreed. And it is THE SINGLE BIGGEST EVENT to affect this many humans on the planet ever. It’s inevitable it comes up even on a car forum. If anyone would like to discuss oil, tires and mods, there’s plenty of other sub forums for that. I have seen far nastier discussions elsewhere. Bravo for us!
Old 09-07-2021, 11:13 AM   #154
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/m...t-sars-related

Take the vaccine if you want but always follow the money...
Closed Thread