The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:41 AM   #113
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Well let's just say I have no sympathy for them or anybody unvaccinated thats taking up hospital beds. The fact my dad almost didn't get a icu bed after his car wreck has left me with no sympathy for these idiots filling every local hospital. I've asked every nurse my dad has had how bad is it actually and every one of them has told me it's brutal and most of their covid patients are unvaccinated. The way I see it if the no mask and no vaccine hill is what they want to die on then let them just don't come running for help if you catch it.
Everyone has to to make their choice, the best way they see it.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:13 AM   #114
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Not buying into the narrative, rather accepting science.

I don’t doubt that he’s feeling better, the question is why? Maybe if I took all those drugs I’d be feeling REALLY GOOD also.

I know that it been used before, but we still don’t have any expert case studies that show definitive evidence that it helps with COVID. Pfizer on the other hand has full FDA approval.

Lastly Joe has mentioned that Covid is overblown, healthy people don’t need to worry about it, and that the immune system will protect you. If that is the case why did he throw the “kitchen sink” at it, as he stated?
'The Science' is a joke. Just yesterday the headline was, "Mu Variant Could Be Vaccine Resistant." Today, Fauci says the third shot will do it. Which is it? How do YOU get anything useful from those two stories on consecutive days?

Then someone says their father almost couldn't get a bed because "MOST" of the hospitalized are unvaccinated. Yet SOME are. Then at the hospital where the wife works, some are in there with vax complications. The science...(insert wanker here)
Old 09-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #115
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
People need to turn off their TV's and stop putting all their trust in the media and the government. Neither have your interests in mind. Once you realize that, your life becomes much simpler. You also need to realize, NO ONE gives AF about you, or your family. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and the world wouldn't bat an eye at you. Stop letting the media manipulate you and your emotions. Personal responsibility is up to YOU, not the government. Take care of yourself and stop expecting the government to do it for you. If you're for the vaxx go get it. No one cares. But you cannot force or expect everyone else to, regardless of how you feel about it. Go cry to your mama
Old 09-05-2021, 11:50 AM   #116
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
'The Science' is a joke. Just yesterday the headline was, "Mu Variant Could Be Vaccine Resistant." Today, Fauci says the third shot will do it. Which is it? How do YOU get anything useful from those two stories on consecutive days?

Then someone says their father almost couldn't get a bed because "MOST" of the hospitalized are unvaccinated. Yet SOME are. Then at the hospital where the wife works, some are in there with vax complications. The science...(insert wanker here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
People need to turn off their TV's and stop putting all their trust in the media and the government. Neither have your interests in mind. Once you realize that, your life becomes much simpler. You also need to realize, NO ONE gives AF about you, or your family. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and the world wouldn't bat an eye at you. Stop letting the media manipulate you and your emotions. Personal responsibility is up to YOU, not the government. Take care of yourself and stop expecting the government to do it for you. If you're for the vaxx go get it. No one cares. But you cannot force or expect everyone else to, regardless of how you feel about it. Go cry to your mama
Old 09-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #117
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

There is always risks with medicine/vaccines. I can't even take Flonase because I have such a bad allergic reaction to it. Everybody is different so I expect some to have complications with the vaccine.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #118
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
There is always risks with medicine/vaccines. I can't even take Flonase because I have such a bad allergic reaction to it. Everybody is different so I expect some to have complications with the vaccine.
Yep.

Important thing is if you are ever suspicious if you might have an reaction to the vaccine due to past history, talk to your doctor.

I had my two shots of pfizer. Besides sore arm and a small headache, no major reaction for me.

Pains me to think we had measles eradicated in the US, but then comes back because vaccine misinformation started to spread. Then add in the COVID vaccine now has politics intertwined with it…..

Only .25% of COVID cases since the vaccine rollout in my state are breakthroughs.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #119
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8One2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #120
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
If you make everything about saving lives, and try to sanitize this cruel world so that nothing bad happens, you will live in a very highly controlled, communistic police type environment. It's easy for people to take the high road and claim they're all about saving lives, while they're also enjoying freedoms this great country has to offer. The thing about freedom is that there are risks that come with it, and we must be willing to accept those risks to be free. I accept the risk every time I get in a car that I could get hit by a drunk driver, or a teenage girl on her cellphone.

There is no in between. You're either going to live free and have to put up with some risks, or you're going to be entirely miserable living under someone else's control, that makes decisions about what is safe and what isn't. I think some people would do well to spend some time, in the type of environment they indicate they would like to see, and then they might appreciate these freedoms a little more, and understand that risks must come with freedom. None of this covid stuff is any different. Its called CHOICE. Its called FREEDOM. Its called being a free AMERICAN.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #121
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:

It's the media, not science that you should be irritated with. Science requires time, which unfortunately in this case they didn't have. The scientific community was flying blind when Covid-19 first hit. They made educated guesses based on previous experience to best guide society. Since they didn't have the data needed, and STILL DON'T, their theories about how to approach this has had to change. As more data is collected, the science gets more accurate. Case in point, the data shows the vaccines are working.

The problem is most people are seeing how science works for the first time in real-time. So it's easy to criticize when every hypothesis, decision, test, etc. are being shown in real-time. What the media doesn't tell you and what most people don't know is that the science operates with statistical principals. Meaning that there is always a chance it may not work, whatever the reason may be. They operate within confidence intervals that are based on data collected and guides their recommendations.

Bottom line, for all those people bashing and doubting science, when push comes to shove and the sh*t his the fan, who do they turn to when they catch Covid-19? The hospitals and science!
Old 09-05-2021, 05:31 PM   #122
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

You talk of science, fauci and headlines. those are different things. Maybe your frustration is with the media?
Yes, the vaccines effect wanes with time, as it does with flu shots. It didn’t help that the virus evolved.
I wonder how many patients are in hospitals due to vaccine complications vs the non vaxx….
Old 09-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #123
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
It's the media, not science that you should be irritated with. Science requires time, which unfortunately in this case they didn't have. The scientific community was flying blind when Covid-19 first hit. They made educated guesses based on previous experience to best guide society. Since they didn't have the data needed, and STILL DON'T, their theories about how to approach this has had to change. As more data is collected, the science gets more accurate. Case in point, the data shows the vaccines are working.

The problem is most people are seeing how science works for the first time in real-time. So it's easy to criticize when every hypothesis, decision, test, etc. are being shown in real-time. What the media doesn't tell you and what most people don't know is that the science operates with statistical principals. Meaning that there is always a chance it may not work, whatever the reason may be. They operate within confidence intervals that are based on data collected and guides their recommendations.

Bottom line, for all those people bashing and doubting science, when push comes to shove and the sh*t his the fan, who do they turn to when they catch Covid-19? The hospitals and science!
Great post. I would add the MRNA research goes back about 50 years. Also research into SARS and MERS, other cov viruses, helped development of current vaccines.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:19 PM   #124
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Well let's just say I have no sympathy for them or anybody unvaccinated thats taking up hospital beds. The fact my dad almost didn't get a icu bed after his car wreck has left me with no sympathy for these idiots filling every local hospital. I've asked every nurse my dad has had how bad is it actually and every one of them has told me it's brutal and most of their covid patients are unvaccinated. The way I see it if the no mask and no vaccine hill is what they want to die on then let them just don't come running for help if you catch it.
What's wrong with seeking treatment? I could care less if you are unvaccinated and not a mask wearer. I wouldn't want anyone turned away from seeking treatment because if it starts to be accepted for this, then when/where does it stop. Also, ever wonder why all these Covid 19 infected people are heading to the ER...(lack of insurance because they don't have jobs or medical insurance, only place to be seen, no access to the vaccine, etc.) Turning a cheek is not the normal human reaction/emotion but it is becoming that.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:01 AM   #125
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blinder View Post
What's wrong with seeking treatment? I could care less if you are unvaccinated and not a mask wearer. I wouldn't want anyone turned away from seeking treatment because if it starts to be accepted for this, then when/where does it stop. Also, ever wonder why all these Covid 19 infected people are heading to the ER...(lack of insurance because they don't have jobs or medical insurance, only place to be seen, no access to the vaccine, etc.) Turning a cheek is not the normal human reaction/emotion but it is becoming that.
My post was for those that are dead set against the vaccine/masks and then seek help. I totally understand not having insurance or lack of having access to the vaccine those are not the ones I have issues with. The "my Freedom" crowd are the ones I'm specifically talking about.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #126
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...M:gen:PTN:FY21

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Closed Thread