Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
mulage

Drives: 2018 SS 1le Black
anyone using the JLT oil separator ?

wondering this? i had one on my mustang with no problems

also anyone here using a oil separator with the GM strut brace?
mulage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
Wally746

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE PDR
I'm using one without a strut brace. no issues
Wally746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
mulage

Drives: 2018 SS 1le Black
i wonder is the strut brace a waste of money?
mulage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
bullet3z

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I had one on my Mustang and I was happy with it. Easy to install and easy to maintain. I still have it. Wonder if I could make it work on the 1LE?

I also have the BMR double strut bar. Most members say it is not worth getting. But I like the way it looks.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:50 AM   #5
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
No experience with one but a huge driver for Dexos oil in these engines is the lack of fuel wash over the intake valves due to the direct injection. The crankcase ventilation system dumps a fair amount of oil and oil vapor into the intake more so with forced induction, the Dexos is a low ash oil that will result in less intake valve deposits. It seems a no-brainer to keep oil out of the intake entirely by an external vent or a separator like the OP mentioned, I ordered one for my week old SS.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You have a GDI engine and need to stop all of the oil, not just a small amount. Here is the result of the "catchcan challenge" performed with the JLT can as an example compared to our patented design that traps approximately 95%:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...art-2-a-532449/

You can do this test against any catchcan to see how effective they are, just as PolynesianPowerhouse did here.

Good reads https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512223

The purpose of installing a catchcan is to stop the ingestion that causes the intake valve coking as well as reduce knock retard caused by these substances when ingested. No other design comes close to our E2-X design.

Contact us for technical questions direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Cheers!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #7
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
You have a GDI engine and need to stop all of the oil, not just a small amount. Here is the result of the "catchcan challenge" performed with the JLT can as an example compared to our patented design that traps approximately 95%:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...art-2-a-532449/

You can do this test against any catchcan to see how effective they are, just as PolynesianPowerhouse did here.

Good reads https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=512223

The purpose of installing a catchcan is to stop the ingestion that causes the intake valve coking as well as reduce knock retard caused by these substances when ingested. No other design comes close to our E2-X design.

Contact us for technical questions direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Cheers!

Are there any humam beings that answer phones at Elite?
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
Elite Engineering

Yes, but JFM-jr - We apologize but most of our resourses are used in the testing, manufacturing side of our business. Most are operating machines or involved in assembly, packaging, order fulfillment, etc. instead we have a well staffed email support team that is many times even available on many weekends and Holidays.

Sales is best reached at: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and ALL technical questions on applications, types of systems, installation assistance, or anything engine related even if not one of our products is: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Always reach out via email for the most prompt response. And Tech Support will always copy sales when you need a call back or assistance from sales after your technical questions are answered. We also have an installation section on our website with print and video instructions as we make these for so many applications having over 100 different printed instructions to send with each order is not practical, and were adding more as were able.

Naturally aspirated or forced induction, and especially for the new GDI engines, we have specific system designed just for each application.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #9
bullet3z

Elite, why is it that you continue to feel the need to post in these threads? But yet you can not answer all of the questions posted about your products specifically in other threads? Every other catch can company makes products and kits for specific vehicles. You guys continue to bury your heads in the sand and let the customer try to figure out what they need and how to install it.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #10
Elite Engineering

bullet3z, we are not aware of any unanswered questions. In fact we go into such technical detail we sometimes get members complaining we are to technical.

Please ask any questions here and we are more then happy to answer them just as we always end our posts with "Please ask questions". Knowledge and understanding is key as so little accurate information is available to the general public.

Thanks!

Elite Engineering USA
Old 09-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #11
bullet3z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
bullet3z, we are not aware of any unanswered questions. In fact we go into such technical detail we sometimes get members complaining we are to technical.

Please ask any questions here and we are more then happy to answer them just as we always end our posts with "Please ask questions". Knowledge and understanding is key as so little accurate information is available to the general public.

Thanks!

Elite Engineering USA
I know this will be a waste of time typing this but here we go.

Did you even read what I typed? Your post is exactly what I was posting about. I am not the only one that calls you out on this. Why is it so hard to make specific kits for specific vehicles? Or even let us know what exactly a we would need to buy from you to make this can work on our cars.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #12
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Maybe pick a different Catch Can as there are plenty out there if you’re that unhappy with what Elite has...
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #13
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Yeah I had a mishimoto on my LT1. The kit had everything needed. Just needed to upgrade to brass barbs because the plastic ones leaked.

Elite might make a better can but most of us dont want to make a bracket. Elites website is very confusing as well.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:15 AM   #14
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulage View Post
i wonder is the strut brace a waste of money?
Brace is only needed on the convertible, its only cosmetic on the coupes
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote