Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Im now a resident of Delaware...

Our new digs in Pike Creek
Attached Images

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Camaro_Joes
Camaro_Joes

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible-Sold 01-22-19
ScottyB911:
Welcome to the east coast. You may not care for the hazy, hot & humid summer, but the winter should be better, especially if it's a daily driver. Again, welcome.
Joe
Camaro_Joes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
Bill F

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS 2005 Silverado Z71
Welcome to the 'hood
Bill F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Welcome to Delaware????? lol I'll start making those calls for you about the tag on Monday.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
ScottyB911

Very cool! Now I just have to figure out how to cover the cost of registering my car here... who knew relocating across the country would be so expensive?

Scotty B
Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
SILVERHAWK

YEP, expensive but it could be worse. Remember to make contact up at the New Castle DMV titles dept never know if someone has one sitting around and you can sweet talk your way to getting one. By Wed I should know when the next purge of numbers is, if not have an idea if a tag is available as long as my contact is working.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
ScottyB911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
YEP, expensive but it could be worse. Remember to make contact up at the New Castle DMV titles dept never know if someone has one sitting around and you can sweet talk your way to getting one. By Wed I should know when the next purge of numbers is, if not have an idea if a tag is available as long as my contact is working.
Very cool! If Im not mistaken, I can still get a black and stainless plate as long as I have a number below 200000 or something like that.

What do the plates with the "PC" on them mean?

Scotty B
Old 08-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Very cool! If Im not mistaken, I can still get a black and stainless plate as long as I have a number below 200000 or something like that.

Yes, you are correct below that number you can buy the black and stainless tag. These numbers are alot easier to get---they just don't have the "status symbol" or value to them. I really don't care for them vs. the black and white porcelain ones. As you begin to cruise around the area you will see even some lower digit tags in the black and stainless where the black paint begins to come off around the numbers for some reason and it really looks like s---. I'll see if I can get a picture of what I'm talking about. The black and white porcelain is a much better quality tag.

Years ago the letters in front on some tags were meant for certain cars but since the "tag craze" the only ones that mean anything are the "T" for trailer, "D" for dealer, and "FT" for farm vehicle (this one is a sore subject because its abused in its use. they qualify for lower registration fee and no inspection is required because its only for farm business use and can only travel 20 miles from the farm ---yeah right)
Anyway, PC stands for pleasure commercial vehicle. C for commercial vehicle and CL is commercial leisure. RV is for recreational vehicle.
These days the different letters don't mean anything special--not even the C tags---I have one on my pickup and one on my Tahoe because they are only 4 digit and qualify for the black and white $$$.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
v6312

Drives: v6 312
BE THERE
v6312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
GreenGeneC5
Keepin it green

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SGM Special Edition
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post

Hope you'll enjoy being in DE. One always needs to exercise good judgement with Craigslist sales, but I've had good luck getting two nice active tags through it. Got one nice four digit PC tag and while it's blue, I like it because the numbers are welded on as opposed to the new printed letters so it has a vintage appearance. The PC tags can be done in stainless. They aren't technically supposed to be done in porcelain but some people have them, and I picked up a great looking four digit PC tag in the high 1000 series for $1K. Some people would never consider paying to acquire a tag but a lot of people do and even profit from it later. Good luck!!
GreenGeneC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
SILVERHAWK

No news yet, my connection may be on vacation cause I haven't seen her car around either.

By the way, you can officially change your location to DE instead of MN ha ha
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #12
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Welcome to the area, I do a lot of cruisin in the Christiana area. Seems like every weekend we got to Red Lobster, Olive Garden, or Bugaboo.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGeneC5 View Post
Hope you'll enjoy being in DE. One always needs to exercise good judgement with Craigslist sales, but I've had good luck getting two nice active tags through it. Got one nice four digit PC tag and while it's blue, I like it because the numbers are welded on as opposed to the new printed letters so it has a vintage appearance. The PC tags can be done in stainless. They aren't technically supposed to be done in porcelain but some people have them, and I picked up a great looking four digit PC tag in the high 1000 series for $1K. Some people would never consider paying to acquire a tag but a lot of people do and even profit from it later. Good luck!!
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a PC tag... maybe for a regular 5 digit tag maybe... At least you can get that PC tag in black and stainless and be legal but when the black paint comes off the stainless it looks like absolute s---!!!!
Just FYI a guy who works with me has a 4 digit PC tag that he had a black and white copy made-- DMV sent him a re-inspection letter telling him to bring in the vehicle with the original tag put back on it or they were going to suspend his registration. Someone in the Division saw it while out on the road and issued him the letter. D'OH!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
GreenGeneC5
Keepin it green

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SGM Special Edition
Specialty Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a PC tag... maybe for a regular 5 digit tag maybe... At least you can get that PC tag in black and stainless and be legal but when the black paint comes off the stainless it looks like absolute s---!!!!
Just FYI a guy who works with me has a 4 digit PC tag that he had a black and white copy made-- DMV sent him a re-inspection letter telling him to bring in the vehicle with the original tag put back on it or they were going to suspend his registration. Someone in the Division saw it while out on the road and issued him the letter. D'OH!!!
Neither of those plates are on my Camaro I think my SGM doesn't need anything extra - it's great looking just the way Chevy made it!

The b&w 4 digit PC is on a silver Murano and looks great (the original blue plate is always in the car just in case). The other blue 4 digit PC is on my truck. At least with these you don't have to pay annual fees like you'd have to with vanity plates in DE.
GreenGeneC5 is offline   Reply With Quote