The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-22-2024, 12:43 AM   #1
Buckscamaro

Drives: 2016 ss camaro
Camaro theft

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I figured I share to help the next Camaro owner stay safe and aware. My buddies zl1 was involved in an armed car jacking incident . Check out the video, please stay safe

https://youtu.be/Z--_O24_tpI?si=1IXsLfExdrghbnOQ

Instagram: boogieman_racing
Buckscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:45 AM   #2
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Its sad some parts of this great country have allowed crime to get so out of control that criminals don't care about camaras and are brazen enough to stand watch with a gun. Your buddy is lucky he didn't find his gun it may have ended much differently, either dead or in jail or defending his property.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:23 AM   #3
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Finally here in South Carolina they passed the constitutional carry law. Now if someone wants to carjack you, they never will know who or who isn't armed. And SC also considers your person in a vehicle as part of the Castle Doctrine. When people can legally shoot back at a robber's dumb azz, it changes the playing field somewhat. How much it does will have to be determined.

"Section 16-11-420. (A) It is the intent of the General Assembly to codify the common law Castle Doctrine which recognizes that a person's home is his castle and to extend the doctrine to include an occupied vehicle and the person's place of business."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:01 AM   #4
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Frickin' Dirtbags! I will say this, there's NO WAY I'd park a rare beauty like that in my driveway overnight. Not in my neighborhood. Having said that you SHOULD be able to leave your car on your own property without it being f-ed with. Really this is nothing new. My GMC pickup (parked on my driveway) was nearly stolen 20 years ago. Homemade kill switch thwarted the effort. Kinda surprised that the nice gentlemen in the video were baffled at the reasons for stealing that particular car. Part it out or ship it to a foreign country are my guesses.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:36 AM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I've got one of the BEST 1st level security systems in the ZL1. Manual Transmission. There may or may not be more, but the clutch pedal alone should reduce the chances of someone stealing it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:59 AM   #6
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
https://fox40.com/news/local-news/ch...d-sports-cars/
They just busted a chop shop not far from me. I saw Camaro parts in the pictures in other news sites.
In the OP video comments a few said he wasn't all badass like in the movies coming out blazing. That sounds all glorious but be in his shoes in California even in a lawful use of a firearm in clear self defense during an armed robbery. Have you ever been told you are facing 25 years to life in prison until their investigation is done? And that takes a good minute. Months or longer. Don't ask me how I know. No wasn't in my Camaro however I carry everywhere but in the shower.
I meant to mention Tile pro and Airtags hidden well work without the huge tracker monthly expense and wiring. I do use it myself. Battery life is good. I heard a rumor that is how the above crew got caught.

Last edited by silversleeper; 03-22-2024 at 04:48 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 09:59 AM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I didn't stick around for the discussion, but its a very good video. All of us owners need to take this seriously. I'm at the mindset that my Camaros cannot go out unsupervised. This will mean that there is an eye or a camera on them at all times. You should do your best and take feasible measures to safeguard your cars.

Do not overthink security. There will always be a hole or loop somewhere for a thief to steal your car. If you do your best and your car gets stolen anyway, just deal with it and have closure. This is a messed up society where it seems that criminals don't get the worst of things in life. It is people that work and make a living, and have to struggle with life and their jobs that get the worst of it. That is why I do not go to over extremes on anything. Realize the type of car that you have, and put in measures to secure them, and that's it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:39 AM   #8
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a6...p-shop-raided/
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:13 PM   #9
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I've got one of the BEST 1st level security systems in the ZL1. Manual Transmission. There may or may not be more, but the clutch pedal alone should reduce the chances of someone stealing it.

If your only loser job income is to steal cars, you can drive a standard. Use the left foot or pay taxes?
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:45 PM   #10
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I didn't stick around for the discussion, but its a very good video. All of us owners need to take this seriously. I'm at the mindset that my Camaros cannot go out unsupervised. This will mean that there is an eye or a camera on them at all times. You should do your best and take feasible measures to safeguard your cars.

Do not overthink security. There will always be a hole or loop somewhere for a thief to steal your car. If you do your best and your car gets stolen anyway, just deal with it and have closure. This is a messed up society where it seems that criminals don't get the worst of things in life. It is people that work and make a living, and have to struggle with life and their jobs that get the worst of it. That is why I do not go to over extremes on anything. Realize the type of car that you have, and put in measures to secure them, and that's it.
+1