Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
19-SShock

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Corsa Xtreme+ AFM Question

I’m looking into getting the full corsa system with axle back and x pipe, however, I have an auto. So... a few questions really because I’m sure I’m not the only person in the world to do this lol. Not wanting to tune the car.

1. Is tuning the AFM valves out the only way to not throw a CEL with the xpipe or will those valve simulators do the trick? I also have a range disabler if that would solve it.

2. Is this system THAT much louder than NPP with the fuse pulled? Videos are so hard to tell and I’d rather not throw $2k out the door on a gamble lol.

Car is a 2019 10A SS. Thanks for any help! My first auto car I’ve had so I’ve never had to deal with the fantastic displacement on demand crap.
19-SShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
OnThree

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Can't answer your first question as I'm a manual but it is way louder than the stock NPP. You can definitely tell the difference, I love it
OnThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:35 PM   #3
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Unbolt (3 bolts) the AFM valve electric motors, bolt the AWE simulators to the motors and zip tie them under the car to the gas tank brkts. You will get no CEL. If the X pipe eliminates the secondary cats, the exhaust will be loud if you use with with any after market muffler that is automatically louder than a stock muffler. I have a Borla S mufflers (non NPP) with a full cat back mid section that is 3 inch , eliminates the secondary cats, no afm valves and eliminates the crushed section . It is loud inside the car, there is drone, especially driving around in manual mode allowing you to lug the car because it will not downshift when give it some gas. My original set up with just Borla S mufflers ( my car is a non NPP) the exhaust note was quite nice, months later, I added the mid section, and its twice as loud. Once I tune and run this car down the 1/4 mile, I will probably try the stock muffler with my 3 inch mid section, and depending what that sounds like, I can go back to the original mid section with the Borla S mufflers and that is very livable for me.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #4
Rekkless

Drives: Carmaro SS 1LE
Keep in mind they don't make the double X-pipe anymore that deletes the secondary cats.
Rekkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #5
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I would go for the Corsa NPP system if you have NPP already. It is significantly louder when open, but Stealth mode still works.