The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Manual Gearbox - Well said!`

I've always been a fan of Henry's films. He is an excellent driver and a far better Automotive Journalist. I very much applaud his latest offering. Enjoy...

Once you're done...read the comments - almost as good as the narrative.

Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:48 AM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Definitely a well done video. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-13-2019, 07:26 AM   #3
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
"Instant isn't always better"

Cool video, thanks for sharing

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #4
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Nice article. It’s right on point on what I try to explain on why I like manual cars. I’m not a racer so my purpose of driving is the experience rather than tenths of seconds. I love it when I get a shift just right and curse myself on a sloppy downshift. I still don’t have heel and toe down pat after all these years of driving a stick but after watching the video I’m going to spend some time practicing.

I agree a manual can be miserable in certain circumstances but I’m fortunate enough to have other cars for those times. I’ve even been tempted to get a Miata (shock) because I’ve heard they are great drivers cars.

I know the new Corvette doesn’t have a manual and supposedly there’s no plan or ability to go with a stick on the new platform and I understand from a business perspective it probably makes sense to not have a manual but I just think it’s a mistake not not offer it on an iconic sports car.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:34 AM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I know the new Corvette doesn’t have a manual and supposedly there’s no plan or ability to go with a stick on the new platform and I understand from a business perspective it probably makes sense to not have a manual but I just think it’s a mistake not not offer it on an iconic sports car.[/QUOTE]

2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #6
Til

Drives: chevrolet aveo
Hello. I am a very big fan of Chevrolet, I drove such models Aveo, Cruise, bolt but my favorite model is Camaro. I rode it all over Europe, it was my greatest journey and the company https://tlt.ae/luxury-suv-rental-dubai/ which provides a rental car helped me in this.
Til is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I'd have to agree that not offering a manual in the new vette is a mistake, and it could cost them later down the road. I love automatics, but there just isn't a gear selection method that could take the place of the manual gearbox and clutch pedal IMO.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:32 PM   #8
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i didn't watch but imo i feel more connected to the car using my left leg and right arm,i'm like a part of the car..... i don't care that a auto can out shift me.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:36 AM   #9
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i didn't watch but imo i feel more connected to the car using my left leg and right arm,i'm like a part of the car..... i don't care that a auto can out shift me.
+1
It’s about the experience of driving a muscle car. Sure, if your at the strip and looking for every last ounce of power and performance, then yea, auto probably wins that. But, when a ‘maro or a vette or whatever comes out of an intersection and it’s an auto, just doesn’t do it for me. To each there own.