The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
flvette

Drives: c6
The dealership said they built this because of pricing... some people enjoy the lowest-price model, which is understandable.
flvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
I'm surprised they allowed a test drive so soon. That's awesome though! Still waiting to see one...
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Me too. Hopefully get to see one at the OC Auto Show in a couple of weeks.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvette View Post
The dealership said they built this because of pricing... some people enjoy the lowest-price model, which is understandable.
Plus the fact that they had an extra/unused early allocation thus the base unit they ordered to display & test drive... it'll likely be sold soon I bet. It's still quite very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I'm surprised they allowed a test drive so soon. That's awesome though! Still waiting to see one...
I was also glad & thankful! It was as easy as just asking... after all, I am a prospective customer.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
I understand wanting one at the lowest price you can afford but if your budget is that tight maybe best not to buy at all. To me the Z51 is a must for the lower geared tranny although don't care for the larger heavier wheels/tires. My C6 Z06 with this 2.66 first and 3.42 rear gears is too tall even for normal acceleration. Has to also limit clutch life with additional slippage required. And got to have the NPP exhaust. If the standard exhaust is as restrictive as the 2013 and older then it becomes restrictive for future mods.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
live2drive

Drives: 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Test drove it around town... fun!

Rev matching was cool... the interior quality is definitely at a high level... and the ride (non-Z51) was still taut. It would be an excellent daily driver with very good power/speed when you get on it....
Quote:
.....I'm sure the Z51 w/ MR elevates it to topshelf level in terms of performance handling & ride but after driving this base Stingray around town and on open roads today, I can honestly attest that it's still sufficient and very much a fine sports car as-is for the majority.

Great post! With the Z51 getting the spotlight, it is great to finally see a review of the base Stingray. Did you get a chance to test the new and improved Bose system? How was the sound?
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Stingray
just can't get enough

Was just informed someone bought this base black Stingray! Congrats to that new owner... whoever you are.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
Stingray
just can't get enough

Just an update on this same specific base C7 unit... Mike (Vossen Wheels) owns it now!

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322938

Old 10-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
texasray
joyce

Drives: import
Quote:
Certainly for those who will utilize it to its intent particularly on the track... however it's not a dire necessity especially for those who are interested in using the new Stingray as a leisure car or even a DD. A non-Z51 & MR unit isn't detrimental. I'm sure the Z51 w/ MR elevates it to topshelf level in terms of performance handling & ride but after driving this base Stingray around town and on open roads today, I can honestly attest that it's still sufficient and very much a fine sports car as-is for the majority.
thank you for this post. it's always great to see non-biased posts on here to help new vette owners make decisions on what options to get. thanks again!
texasray is offline   Reply With Quote