Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #267
VoodooVyper

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post
that it weird, because i had my steering rack replaced, and now its CAUSED the rubbing sound.
Maybe have them check the heat shield?

It was odd because when I first brought it in, they claimed to not know what the issue was. So I scheduled the appointment for a period in which they could spend the time looking at it. In the meantime, I checked online for all possible causes and for any TSBs to bring with me to help figure it out.

I told the service manager about the fluids, the front hub bearing etc. And he randomly spurts out "anything about the heat shield, that might have something to do with it." The way the conversation followed after that would lead me to believe that they knew this might be the issue before even looking at the car. Turns out it was.
10/18/2011 (2000)
10/18/2011 (2500)
10/18/2011 (3000) TPW 11/7
10/29/2011 (3100,3300)
11/01/2011 (3400)
11/08/2011 (3800)
11/09/2011 (4B00)
11/14/2011 (4200)
11/18/2011 (4800)
11/21/2011 (5000)
VoodooVyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #268
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
I just Sony understand how that's possible

Sent from my Allsportstees.Com using Tapatalk
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #269
Flying24

Drives: Orange Crush 2021 ZL1 1LE
I have had the rubbing sound in the rear since day one when I backup or go forward slow.
I told the dealer back when I got my car first serviced. They told me it was the soft compound tires that caused it. I have a 2011 RS/2SS automatic and I have gotten two alignment done. Once initially for unusual rear tire wear, and another after I just recently installed lowering springs and sway bars. I took it to my mechanic for an alignment everything as he puts it was out. He spent 5 hours getting it straight, I told him that the dealership had done it less then year ago. He said they didn't do it right, I sure can tell just by the way it tracks and turns so much better. But any how he brought up the rubbing noise and I told him what they said, about it being the soft compound tire. And of course he said there no way that's it. He said take it to a different dealer, and I told him I've already loss confidence in my 3 closes dealers.
So if anyone has the fluid part numbers which works the best and quantities, it would be appreciated..
Flying24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #270
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying24 View Post
I have had the rubbing sound in the rear since day one when I backup or go forward slow.
I told the dealer back when I got my car first serviced. They told me it was the soft compound tires that caused it. I have a 2011 RS/2SS automatic and I have gotten two alignment done. Once initially for unusual rear tire wear, and another after I just recently installed lowering springs and sway bars. I took it to my mechanic for an alignment everything as he puts it was out. He spent 5 hours getting it straight, I told him that the dealership had done it less then year ago. He said they didn't do it right, I sure can tell just by the way it tracks and turns so much better. But any how he brought up the rubbing noise and I told him what they said, about it being the soft compound tire. And of course he said there no way that's it. He said take it to a different dealer, and I told him I've already loss confidence in my 3 closes dealers.
So if anyone has the fluid part numbers which works the best and quantities, it would be appreciated..
We apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing. If you could please send me the exact details in a PM to me, I can possibly look into researching the issue you are experiencing. I look forward to your reply!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #271
Ricky
Ricky

Drives: 2SS/RS conv Victory Red/Black Top
Mine Has Done This Sence Day one. It Is The Postive Traction Clutches, Only Does It When Oil is Cold And Thick. This Is Normal. Can Be Corrected By Adding A Bottle Of Positave Traction Addtive From GM. I Had This Problem With My 68 SS Camaro. It Is Something I Just Live With Because The Additive Makes It Go Away It Allows The Clutches To Slip A Little And I Don't Want Any Slip. It Is A Small Amount About A Few Ounces In Bottle, So It Can Just Be Added To Existing oil.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #272
Flying24

Drives: Orange Crush 2021 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing. If you could please send me the exact details in a PM to me, I can possibly look into researching the issue you are experiencing. I look forward to your reply!

Brandon
Called Dealership who has the record of the tires making this noise, told them about Service Bulletin. So I'm making an appointment for early next week. Now from the information changing the fluids is the first action. I have read here on the forum the next step are replacing seals is this correct? Have you any further information regarding this that a dealership could work from?
Thanks for you interest, you have helped me in the past and it is very appreciated.
Flying24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #273
PDILLON

Drives: GMC Slycone - 2011 SS Camaro conv.
Angry GROWLING & GRINDING

Just got my 2011 2SS camaro conv. L99 back from the dealer (1500 mi.) for the grinding noise. They replaced the seals with GM P/N 22797705 and drain / refilled the dif. with new fluid GM P/N 88862624. Advised it may take up to 500 mi. to penetrate the limited slip clutch. This fluid includes a limited - slip additive. My dealer said Im the first customer that has complained of the problem.I still hear grinding noise, I dont blame the dealer just dont think GM has found a cure.

Last edited by PDILLON; 09-29-2012 at 03:45 PM.
PDILLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #274
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
I posted this in the other thread - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233565 - that I didn't even know existed until recently so I'll post it here too because it might help others.

My dealer got sick of me coming in for the same problem all the time and finally changed the gears in the diff. Technically it was the clutches but they're inside a huge ball of gears etc that they said they had to send back whole for the warrantee so it was kind of replaced as a unit. Hopefully they put in the new seals and nut and fluid and additive and everything thing one more time else so it won't happen again next year! Seems great so far... no noise and it accelerates and corners SO much smoother without the rear axel binding up all the time. Such a perfect car otherwise and I totally love it still so it's a shame that there's this one problem for so many.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #275
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
I did Rp and had the noise worse. Changed to mobile1 and GM additive. Problem gone for over 20k miles now. Gonna change again soon just cause.

I had the same problem with 1000kms on it,the dealer used the GM additive and haven't had the problem since now setting at 10,000 kms.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:09 AM   #276
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Question

So, has this problem been conclusively identified and is there a permanent fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #277
PDILLON

mine is still grinding after new seals and fluid change
Old 10-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #278
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDILLON View Post
Take it back. The next step is to change the clutches which are inside the ball of gears; they just replace the whole unit inside the diff. I've been riding smooth since they did mine and finally feel confident that it's fixed!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #279
PDILLON

I will just waiting for the weather to get cold because thats whet it does it , I drive 45 miles to the dealer and when its hot it wont make the noise
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #280
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDILLON View Post
If you would like, I would like to set up a case with GM customer service and do more research with your dealership. When was the last time you took it there for this issue? I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership name.

I look forward to your reply via PM.

Brandon