Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #15
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
It’s for SS 1LE - 2017+

Does not change anything under PTM programming. Only enables the faster coupling and decoupling with all nannies off.
Thanks! Any idea why they wouldnt offer the same ugrade for ptm sport 2 and race since Stabilitrak is not active with those modes anyway and at least on corner entry there is no difference between these 2 ptm modes and all off.

Now i can understand a slight difference on exits as those pts modes benefit from tc so the elsd may likely be already a tad more aggressive in those modes vs all off. Hence different elsd settings (ref my post above).

I guess we may have to wait for GM official word on this to make double sure? Or have they already officially conformed it will only apply to elsd mode 2?

Cheers
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Thanks! Any idea why they wouldnt offer the same ugrade for ptm sport 2 and race since Stabilitrak is not active with those modes anyway and at least on corner entry there is no difference between these 2 ptm modes and all off.

Now i can understand a slight difference on exits as those pts modes benefit from tc so the elsd may likely be already a tad more aggressive in those modes vs all off. Hence different elsd settings (ref my post above).

I guess we may have to wait for GM official word on this to make double sure? Or have they already officially conformed it will only apply to elsd mode 2?

Cheers
Because this is an autocross tune made public by the car guys on the diff team, and implementing it within the PTM would have required a lot of validation and would have made it cost-ineffective to release.

So you get it with all nannies off, with any level of nannies on its “as delivered”.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #17
TrackClub

Quote:
Because this is an autocross tune made public by the car guys on the diff team, and implementing it within the PTM would have required a lot of validation and would have made it cost-ineffective to release.

So you get it with all nannies off, with any level of nannies on its “as delivered”.
If this is indeed the case i hope GM informs the buying public of its limited application. Lest some folks may spend the money then get zero benefit out of it.
The text in OP gave me a different impression. Hence my questions. Thx for your feedback Chris!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #18
Chris V

Quote:
If this is indeed the case i hope GM informs the buying public of its limited application. Lest some folks may spend the money then get zero benefit out of it.
The text in OP gave me a different impression. Hence my questions. Thx for your feedback Chris!
In the thread I started, which is linked above, with more information, the following is posted:

Quote:
Note: The change of eLSD calibration will only be enabled when Traction Control and Electronic Stability
Control (ESC) is disabled. When traction control and ESC is enabled, there is no change to the
production calibration in any mode (Tour, Sport or Track). To disable traction control and turn
ESC off, hold down the Traction Control button for 5 seconds. The traction control and ESC
telltale lights will illuminate in the dashboard.
I would call it a specific application rather than limited - it's measurably faster in an autocross environment. On an otherwise stock 1LE (305 RE71R on 19x11), it was .2 on a 49 second run. That's with as close to a "control" driver as possible.

.2 seconds on a course that length is well worth a couple hundred dollars, if you're autocrossing regularly. On track, it's available to you if you run with all the nannies off, though I certainly understand leaving them on. I ran all of One Lap in PTM:Race since we were attacking new courses every day.

To be clear - the GM guys did us a solid on this. They released something at very little cost to a specific market that makes an older car (they're on the 2020s now, not developing the 2017s) faster for a chunk of the target market for the car. This wasn't a profit center for GM, but rather the car guys there taking care of the car guys outside of GM. It's an awesome thing for GM to do.

Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Old 07-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #19
TrackClub

Agree: 0.2 gain on a 45 sec course is big. Good on GM to get involved and deliver for the enthisiasts, even tho it was a "side job". Just another example they really know what they are doing on the performance front. Good stuff!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #20
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:

To be clear - the GM guys did us a solid on this. They released something at very little cost to a specific market that makes an older car (they're on the 2020s now, not developing the 2017s) faster for a chunk of the target market for the car. This wasn't a profit center for GM, but rather the car guys there taking care of the car guys outside of GM. It's an awesome thing for GM to do.
Quote:
Agree: 0.2 gain on a 45 sec course is big. Good on GM to get involved and deliver for the enthisiasts, even tho it was a "side job". Just another example they really know what they are doing on the performance front. Good stuff!
Agreed.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:43 PM   #21
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
I called my local dealership and they said the part number is not valid. Anyone else have any luck getting it?
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #22
Chris V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
I called my local dealership and they said the part number is not valid. Anyone else have any luck getting it?
I’ve had it for a while now. All the details are in my thread. Have them call the tech line.