The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: October 2017 - Poll 1 || Which Question should we ask Al?
What were the ZL1 1LE adjustments and settings for the Nürburgring Nordschleife hero lap? 30 18.18%
How does Camaro SS/V8 No Lift Shift feature work, exactly? (Multi-part question) 79 47.88%
What were the final 2017 Production Statistics? (eg. breakdown of options, trims, colors, etc) 56 33.94%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #15
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And just for ease of access, here are the original posts for the three questions.

If you want to go back and re-read the threads, click on the little white-on-blue '[>]' button beside the 'Originally Posted by ___ ' line

Post for Option #1

Post for Option #2

Post for Option #3:
I know my info doesn't count for anything, but: the NLS in the top vid did not engage; the NLS in the bottom vid did...

It behaves like it did in the top vid if you're not at 100% throttle...the 2.0T behaves in the exact same way with its NLS. Have played with it plenty of times...if you're a long term stick driver, not lifting (even twitching) while shifting takes practice; the muscle memory doesn't like to be forgotten easily lol

This one gets my vote

Thanks admins and mods for setting this up for everyone, very cool!
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
I know my info doesn't count for anything, but: the NLS in the top vid did not engage; the NLS in the bottom vid did...

It behaves like it did in the top vid if you're not at 100% throttle...the 2.0T behaves in the exact same way with its NLS. Have played with it plenty of times...if you're a long term stick driver, not lifting (even twitching) while shifting takes practice; the muscle memory doesn't like to be forgotten easily lol

This one gets my vote

Thanks admins and mods for setting this up for everyone, very cool!
I've tried several times and can confirm the accelerator pedal remained at 100% the entire time. Mine behaves like the top video.

This is the reason for the debate. No one knows how it's supposed to work or if it's tuned the same on all models in the line-up. I have yet to see a regular SS (non-1LE) execute a no lift shift like in the 2nd video.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #17
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
In so I can see which one wins, and see Al's response.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #18
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The first option would be more enticing if it were expanded to all Nurburgring settings (i.e. ZL1, SS 1LE, SS).
Would they even attempt runs with all these? I thought GM only attempted runs with top performance models after major performance upgrades. With Corvettes they ran the Z06 & ZR1 in 2011 and made an attempt in 2015 or 2016 with the Z06 but had issues and did not complete. The 2017 Z06 completed run was by AutoSports, not Chevrolet. I don't think they ever made runs with either the Stingray or Grand Sport.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #19
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Would they even attempt runs with all these? I thought GM only attempted runs with top performance models after major performance upgrades. With Corvettes they ran the Z06 & ZR1 in 2011 and made an attempt in 2015 or 2016 with the Z06 but had issues and did not complete. The 2017 Z06 completed run was by AutoSports, not Chevrolet. I don't think they ever made runs with either the Stingray or Grand Sport.
There's many videos with the stingray and '16 SS running there. I'm pretty certain they would have these lap times.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Looks like NLS question is holding a lead!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #21
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Sweet! I want this one answered badly!

Old 10-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #22
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
There's many videos with the stingray and '16 SS running there. I'm pretty certain they would have these lap times.
I don't disagree with that but the Ring is used by more than car manufactures trying to set records. Tire manufactures use it for testing as well as race teams for tuning. AutoSport, think it's a European magazine, uses it primarily for times but they don't own any cars. The ones they test are privately owned and most have been highly modified, not like the Camaros and Vettes. Don't now about the Camaros but initially the Vettes were stock, suspension, tune, tires, etc, from the factory. Only changes were added telemetry and safety components like harness and radio. That approach may have changed since then but why test it and advertise results if they are out of reach for the ordinary person. Just my thoughts.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #23
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Bit disappointed with the initial batch. I would think most of the questions here are QC controls, issues, etc..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Bit disappointed with the initial batch. I would think most of the questions here are QC controls, issues, etc..
Not really. Out of the 40-ish questions asked so far, only a couple are quality control related. The majority of the questions could be broadly grouped as asking 'for' things, be it options/features/colours etc. Those are difficult (if not impossible) for the Camaro Team to answer.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #25
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Not really. Out of the 40-ish questions asked so far, only a couple are quality control related. The majority of the questions could be broadly grouped as asking 'for' things, be it options/features/colours etc. Those are difficult (if not impossible) for the Camaro Team to answer.
I would think the Camaro team can get almost any answer. Al is fairly high in the chain and sits in on all decisions made on the car, even if it's outside of his department. I'm sure he can give us a reason why the car has no front facing parking camera, or simply ask someone.

But, just my opinion.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I would think the Camaro team can get almost any answer. Al is fairly high in the chain and sits in on all decisions made on the car, even if it's outside of his department. I'm sure he can give us a reason why the car has no front facing parking camera, or simply ask someone.

But, just my opinion.
Its not that he doesn't possess (or have access to) the information, its that some things are explicitly forbidden from public disclosure.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #27
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The first option would be more enticing if it were expanded to all Nurburgring settings (i.e. ZL1, SS 1LE, SS).

As it is it won't get traction (pun semi-intended) because it's only relevant for ZL1 1LE owners.
Never GIVE UP!!!!!

Tell a Friend
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #28
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Just wait, I sent a SOS deep for help........
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote