The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Must have accessories and add ons

Hi Guys

So I made up my mind on 6/10 that I wanted a 2014 not a 2015. I found a dealer (don't ask how) with allocation and after so much effort my baby is tpw on 7/21, Z51 white with carbon wing and performance, clear roof, navi. I didn't get the MRC which I hope I won't regret and now making my list of must have items to accessories without going crazy.

Whats your list for me to consider, this is mine so far:

1. Valentine 1 radar
2. All weather cargo and mats from Weathertech
3. Tire Warranty (im confused about this one, heard it doesn't cover run flats will have to check)
4. Personalized plate, I'm debating this one, don't want to call too much attention but if i can get a good one ill take it

Last edited by Dada; 06-23-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Awstingray

Drives: Arctic white z51 3lt
For what it's worth I got the wheel & tire warranty (I normally never get any warranties) and I've got 2 tires replaced already. One had a screw in it and one was either defective or the victim of a Michigan pothole (more like a crater). My investment of $1,440 has already saved my just under a $1,000.

BTW love the choices so far. Having the exact same combo I would also recommend going with carbon flash badges. I also oped out of mrc and I don't miss it. I don't track the car and I don't have any complaints about a rough ride.
Attached Images

Last edited by Awstingray; 06-23-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Awstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awstingray View Post
For what it's worth I got the wheel & tire warranty (I normally never get any warranties) and I've got 2 tires replaced already. One had a screw in it and one was either defective or the victim of a Michigan pothole (more like a crater). My investment of $1,440 has already saved my just under a $1,000.

BTW love the choices so far. Having the exact same combo I would also recommend going with carbon flash badges. I also oped out of mrc and I don't miss it. I don't track the car and I don't have any complaints about a rough ride.
Thats a great car, thanks for sharing. Good idea to add to the list. Where did u pick those up from? I can't change my order now. As to the tire warranty, it covers the run flats then, thats great, is 1440 out the door and whats the term on it?
Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Awstingray

The badges are from RI designs. The warranty is $24 a month for the 60 month term. I also got fuel rails and plenum from showstopper (sorry bad photo) and he sent me leds for the trunk and license plate. These are very simple and easy to install and I think they do wonders to the way the rear looks at night.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
Dada

wow looks great, how do the LEDs install, can I easily figure it out? They have these led side markers too, why didn't u get those?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Awstingray

Actually that's another thing that I forgot that I got from rpi. I went with the acrylic blackouts. The leds in the trunk and license plate are very easy to install. Anyone can do it in a matter if minutes. It helps to have one of these tools. Thanks to Glen e for this tip and many others which I have benefited from. Look up his build thread it is the best resource I have found thus far.
Attached Images

Last edited by Awstingray; 06-23-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Don't forget some splash guards, they're unnoticeable and easy to install yourself.
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Awstingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm888 View Post
Don't forget some splash guards, they're unnoticeable and easy to install yourself.
Yup. Got those in arctic white from rpi as well. Sorry did most of this stuff over the winter and already forgot.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Frank A Jaklic

Drives: 2014 Corvette Convertible Z51
Personalized plate in NC

"MI$TRE$$" as my wife said this car was cheaper than a mistress.
Frank A Jaklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #10
REVVIC

Drives: 2014 Z51 Velocity Yellow
I highly recommend Xpel Ultimate clear film ASAP upon delivery.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #11
Awstingray

I actually just did the front bumper, mirrors, full rocker kit, headlights, door cups, and rear spoiler in xpel ultimate. Larry and Jennifer at paint protection plus in Plymouth michigan were great to work with and did an exceptional job.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #12
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Harbor Freight tools, Northern Tools, and even some local auto parts stores sell the trim removal tools, not just Amazon. I got mine from a local Harbor Freight outlet.

If you get Xpel, add the rear spoiler to the usual list of places to cover. As tall as it is, it will get hit a lot when moving bulkier objects in and out of the cargo area.

And don't forget the Blendmount with the Valentine 1. The visors aren't positioned well for the visor mount, and suction cups, well, suck.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #13
petemoss

Drives: C7 Z51 on order
I paid around $675 for the tire and wheel protection. You can really haggle on this pricing. Mine was for 5 years and 70K miles, wheels, flat, tire, towing and hotel, when they can’t find a tire for your car. It's also pro-rated so if you trade the car before the end of 5 years, you can get some of your money back. I also went with the splash guards and painted side rocker skirts. Really need the removal tools, no matter where you get them. I also went with a set of race ramps, very useful for this car and also any car or light truck you may have. I know many people don’t like them (bra’s) but I went for a speed Lingerie bra as it look like it will really protect the car on long highway trips (I do 2,000 miles every few months) and I can’t find a proven guy in NJ close to do a Xpel. Go with the Weather Tech mat at least for the hatch area.

Jim
petemoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #14
Dada

Pete can you PM who you used to buy the warranty Ill contact them, where in NJ are you?