The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 11-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #211
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
I had my 2nd flush done a couple hundred miles ago. The shudder seems to have gone away. But the car seems off. When I give it gas at times it struggles to go right away and it has a delay before it just goes. Is this part of the re adapting process? This happened both when I put my foot all the way down in a hard take off and also happens in a light throttle acceleration.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #212
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro #5 View Post
Just dropped mine off at the dealer with this problem for the first time. Started a few days ago. They told me they can’t do triple flushes anymore, only a single flush. Anybody heard this before? I suspect the guy is full of crap, but I couldn’t get him to change his mind.
I will check with my service guy to to see if they did a triple flush with TCU reset and post the information.

They got my first flush/reset done last Thursday in a couple hours which I thought was a little fast. Triple flushes take several hours from my understanding.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #213
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Got my appointment scheduled but I just drove it this morning and it didn't shudder once so now i'm back to doubting myself that its the same problem. To those who had it discovered, was it a shudder you could 100% purposefully cause while driving or was it super intermittent and only occurring at random times at cruising speed. I still have a hard time pinpointing what i or it are doing when it occurs but its definitely a sudden 2 second rumble strip sensation. I'd like to at least semi-reliably reproduce it on command before I pay the service techs labor to look for it.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #214
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Mine seems like you have to warm it up first. Then it does it pretty regular. Most commonly about 60 MPH at about 1500 RPM.

Btw, they did the single flush and I got it back this morning. It definitely fixed the problem for now. Now I’m just hoping it will stay that way until the Q1 2019 fix.

UPDATE: It worked properly for a day and has come back in full force since.

Last edited by Camaro #5; 11-26-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: update
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:05 AM   #215
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
Got my appointment scheduled but I just drove it this morning and it didn't shudder once so now i'm back to doubting myself that its the same problem. To those who had it discovered, was it a shudder you could 100% purposefully cause while driving or was it super intermittent and only occurring at random times at cruising speed. I still have a hard time pinpointing what i or it are doing when it occurs but its definitely a sudden 2 second rumble strip sensation. I'd like to at least semi-reliably reproduce it on command before I pay the service techs labor to look for it.
Intermittent at first and becoming more frequent as it gets worse. The change over from 8 to 4 on a very slight incline with light throttle at highway speeds did it for me. It also seemed to occur more once fully warmed up. Driving for half an hour or more.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #216
Paul_S

Quote:
The rumble strip is definitely the symptom, no question, and it usually happens when AFM kicked on at cruising speed (for me anything <50mph, 7th gear or higher). Scroll down on main console until you can see where AFM is active and then monitor while driving at the cruising speed you detected it the symptom. Chances are you will the "4cyl" green indicator come on and then the rumble strips at various times but it would happen eventually. For me once it started it would not stop unless I either gave it some throttle or eased off.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #217
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
I have a 2016 2 ss with about 38k miles on it . I have had the shudder issue for some time now but I ignored it as it wasn’t so bad . Now at 38k miles when I’m driving it feels like I’m going over rumble strips . I only notice the issue when I am doing light acceleration or if I am staying at the same speed for a while especially highway speeds (60 mph). The only time my car does not do this is when I am in manual mode and prevent it from going to 4 cal mode . At this point is it even worth it to take to the dealership or should I wait a few months when they come out with the supposed fix ?
I dropped my 2018 2SS HW at the dealer around 2 weeks ago for the A8 shudder.Its still there. My wife's V6 LT2 convertible does not have the shudder at 10K. They can keep it until the fix comes in. Hopefully they will get tired of having it in there parking lot and will be the first one in for the fix or a salesmen accidentally sells it. The holidays are here, put a big red bow on it and see what happens. I want to see how long it can sit there before someone complains. If I wouldn't of lost my a$$ on the trade in value I would have traded it in on the ZL1 I bought. Lucky I have other cars to drive or I would be pissed. I told the service writer that I didn't want the bandage fix that will make you think all is fine till late next year. I rarely drive the car so it would take another year before it comes back.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #218
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Your to cold up north right now so they would have to take it on a long ride. I had my wife drive mine to the dealer when I dropped it off. I wanted her to feel it so if her's starts doing it she will know what it feels like. It took her about 15 miles to have it start. That's here in Florida. She is not a fast driver so I can see if its to cold and someone does not drive it properly it won't start. Transmission temp has to be within a range and I bet there not getting it there.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #219
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Had mine flushed last week.

Service writers had no clue about the Q1 fix.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #220
That_Redleg_Guy

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline Edition
Wanted to update everyone and let you all know that the triple flush did absolutely nothing. I drove it for a couple of days before I called the service department at my dealership to let them know the shudder still exists. They told me to put a thousand miles on it and then let them know if it improved. It did not. In fact, it's gotten worse. When I called them back, I was told that they no longer had a transmission guy and flushing it again wasn't the route to go. I was also told to try another service department at a different dealership, something I'm not willing to do since (a) this is their problem, not mine and (b) I don't have time to drive all over the state in an attempt to have my four month old car repaired because I have to work for a living.

So I called Chevrolet on Thursday, November 29. They took my information and told me that a senior advisor would be contacting the dealership, blah, blah, blah, and someone would contact me in a couple of days. That was six days ago. I just contacted Chevrolet again and was told that they would update my file and let the senior advisor know I had been in contact with them again.

The lemon law in my state is pretty standard and allows the manufacturer three attempts to resolve the issue before they must either replace the vehicle or refund the entire purchase price, trade-in allowance, and taxes, registration fees, and other assorted money I have tied up in this $48,000 car. As much as I love this car, I may end up giving it back to Chevrolet. I have bought five new vehicles from Chevrolet since 2012, including FOUR Camaros, and have never had an issue until now.
That_Redleg_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #221
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Redleg_Guy View Post
Wanted to update everyone and let you all know that the triple flush did absolutely nothing. I drove it for a couple of days before I called the service department at my dealership to let them know the shudder still exists. They told me to put a thousand miles on it and then let them know if it improved. It did not. In fact, it's gotten worse. When I called them back, I was told that they no longer had a transmission guy and flushing it again wasn't the route to go. I was also told to try another service department at a different dealership, something I'm not willing to do since (a) this is their problem, not mine and (b) I don't have time to drive all over the state in an attempt to have my four month old car repaired because I have to work for a living.

So I called Chevrolet on Thursday, November 29. They took my information and told me that a senior advisor would be contacting the dealership, blah, blah, blah, and someone would contact me in a couple of days. That was six days ago. I just contacted Chevrolet again and was told that they would update my file and let the senior advisor know I had been in contact with them again.

The lemon law in my state is pretty standard and allows the manufacturer three attempts to resolve the issue before they must either replace the vehicle or refund the entire purchase price, trade-in allowance, and taxes, registration fees, and other assorted money I have tied up in this $48,000 car. As much as I love this car, I may end up giving it back to Chevrolet. I have bought five new vehicles from Chevrolet since 2012, including FOUR Camaros, and have never had an issue until now.
Of course it didn't work. I mean it's been plastered all over the board and even in this thread for a while now there is a fix coming in the first quarter and there is nothing to do to fix it till then.

I'm not sure what people expect to gain going to the dealer asking to fix something that anyone with basic reading skills can clearly see doesn't exist yet.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #222
Paul_S

Quote:

I have driven mine ~300 miles since the flush and it has not returned and I have driven it pretty hard when I do drive it. I am expecting it to return but hopefully it won't until a real fix gets implemented but I also bought a Range Technology | AFM in case it does return to keep the car from going into AFM when the shutter typically starts (again not a real fix but a patch & costly at that).

Now I understand there is no fix until Q1 form Chevrolet and I'm with you it's their problem however I think some dealers are behind in their update knowledge and probably not performing the procedure properly IMHO. Hopefully the senior adviser will straighten it out with your dealership and perform the temporary fix so it is drive able. That shutter is awful and I cringed my teeth every time it started, so I absolutely feel you.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #223
That_Redleg_Guy

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Of course it didn't work. I mean it's been plastered all over the board and even in this thread for a while now there is a fix coming in the first quarter and there is nothing to do to fix it till then.

I'm not sure what people expect to gain going to the dealer asking to fix something that anyone with basic reading skills can clearly see doesn't exist yet.

I thought that maybe joining these forums would be a way to share information and experiences. How foolish of me to share my experiences with everyone here in an attempt to further add to the growing list of people who are having the same issue in an attempt to maybe compile some information which may help someone else.

The reality of it is, there are assholes everywhere. Exactly two posts into my membership in these forums and I've got some keyboard warrior talking to me as if I'm stupid. I was familiar with 16-NA-175 before I ever registered my account here. What I stand to gain by going to the dealer is a paper trail of failed repairs to use as a safety net for my lemon law case when GM's first quarter fix doesn't work, just like their current "fix" hasn't worked. Nsxmatt, you can take your bAsIc ReAdInG sKiLlS and choke on a dick.

Go ahead and delete my post and ban me, moderators. I violated forum rules by being obscene and vulgar. This place is as toxic as any other forum on the internet.
That_Redleg_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #224
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
I thought that maybe joining these forums would be a way to share information and experiences. How foolish of me to share my experiences with everyone here in an attempt to further add to the growing list of people who are having the same issue in an attempt to maybe compile some information which may help someone else.

The reality of it is, there are assholes everywhere. Exactly two posts into my membership in these forums and I've got some keyboard warrior talking to me as if I'm stupid. I was familiar with 16-NA-175 before I ever registered my account here. What I stand to gain by going to the dealer is a paper trail of failed repairs to use as a safety net for my lemon law case when GM's first quarter fix doesn't work, just like their current "fix" hasn't worked. Nsxmatt, you can take your bAsIc ReAdInG sKiLlS and choke on a dick.

Go ahead and delete my post and ban me, moderators. I violated forum rules by being obscene and vulgar. This place is as toxic as any other forum on the internet.
Another hothead crying lemon law. You're the reason this forum is cluster of repeated useless posts.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote