Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-16-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
Another trip to the dealer....more cosmetic injuries to my car

So I took my camaro in on Monday this week to have a sagging headliner replaced. Picked up the car tonight and of course it's ready after dark so I can't see most of it but right away noticed a linear scratch on the hood wrap (passenger side) like they dragged something across probably 12 inches in length and consistent in width (about 2mm). Also noticed the rubber/plastic gaskets at the base of the windshield on the driver side in the gutter are extremely loose and no longer seated against the windshield (passenger side looks okay) - it looks like shit.
Now I've got an OCD when it comes to my camaro so these things might not bother some. But I now need to call tomorrow to complain, and request they replace the hood wrap and the trim pieces. Am I wrong to think that these things should be corrected? I mean I brought them by all purposes a relatively new car (2018, 6000mi) for correction of a known factory defect (sagging headliner) and they manage to create new problems and damage the car. This isn't the first time either. Last time they put 4 tires on and managed to scratch all 4 wheels - to the extent they had to replace all 4 wheels.... Would love to hear you guys thoughts. Thanks in advance.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
par for the course
Old 01-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
This is why I’m legitimately scared to take my camaro anywhere! I’ve had my fair share of damages caused by the dealer/shops. Hope you get everything resolved ASAP!
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #4
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Sorry to hear this, everytime the dealership has to keep my car overnight I now take pictures of it and the service manager asked me why do I do this? And I tell him to make sure the car returns to me in the same way I'm bringing it in for service. Getting pretty tired of praying to the car gods for a safe return.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #5
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
a linear scratch on the hood wrap (passenger side) like they dragged something across probably 12 inches in length and consistent in width (about 2mm).
Also noticed the rubber/plastic gaskets at the base of the windshield on the driver side in the gutter are extremely loose and no longer seated against the windshield (passenger side looks okay) - it looks like shit.

This isn't the first time either. Last time they put 4 tires on and managed to scratch all 4 wheels - to the extent they had to replace all 4 wheels.... Would love to hear you guys thoughts. Thanks in advance.
My thoughts? Stop going to this dealer... They sound horrible. Push for them to fix it but some places have you sign a disclaimer stating they are not responsible for damages while in their care
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #6
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I hate hearing stories like this. I was lucky that my dealer was careful...but expensive. I'm also fortunate that I found an independent mechanic specializing in Camaros and doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
so what is the fix? mine has same issue but ive had mine almost 4 years so doubt they would fix it
Old 01-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #8
JGiovando

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
so what is the fix? mine has same issue but ive had mine almost 4 years so doubt they would fix it
The fix for the headliner is apparently according to this dealership....a longer headliner, they stated the factory ones were manufactured a bit short - seems odd being that they discovered this in 2016 and haven't corrected it on later models - anyway, remove and replace headliner, both rrabs?, and attach magnets to rear of headliner - that's how the invoice reads.

Good news is the service manager is a new guy and he was super chill, gonna order the plastic molding piece and new hood wrap, all to be taken care of.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #9
JGiovando

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
My thoughts? Stop going to this dealer... They sound horrible. Push for them to fix it but some places have you sign a disclaimer stating they are not responsible for damages while in their care

They are and I suppose I could drive an hour to another dealer, just never been comfortable leaving my car that far away, lol - even with the my Chevrolet app and onstar monitoring.

One time they repaired a busted auxillary radiator that took a rock. Got home and noticed they didn't fill the coolant reservoir tank. Took it back and explained, 15 minutes later they returned it, I trusted them went home and thought I better look, they didn't fill it properly. Printed out a copy of the owners manual with a picture on how to fill and they tried again, but failed - at that point I said forget it I'd do it myself.

I have come to expect crap from them and was just venting here. Appreciate the feed back.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #10
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
In order to replace the headliner in the 6th gem the windshield has to be removed. That is why those gaskets are messed up. My bet is 1 guy tried to get the headliner back into the car and allowed it to drag across the hood which is what messed the wrap up.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote