Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Mod friendly dealers

So, i come from VW and i know how the whole mod and deslers go however in my VW desler i had a service guy that never gave me headaches for my mods and it was a guy that i was introduced to when i purchased the car by my sales guy telling me to only come to him for any warranty, recalls etc and that i would have no issues with having my car flagged. Never had issues with the desler and my mods.

Wondering is there is any mod friendly dealer or service guy that i can rake me car for maintenance or work once i start modding my car... dont plan on going big, just the basics: exhaust, intake, tune.. maybe ported stock tb and int manifold. But really dont want dealer problems and i dont know how realiable these cars really car.
2017 1LE
G2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Can't help u with dealers down your way, but from mods i have done in the past and my local dealers the one that they don't seem to overlook is the Tune. Intake, TB, and exhaust they let go, but tune killed the warranty. Might be able to pick up a second ecm and swap it out if u dont find a dealer to let u slide with it.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
So, i come from VW and i know how the whole mod and deslers go however in my VW desler i had a service guy that never gave me headaches for my mods and it was a guy that i was introduced to when i purchased the car by my sales guy telling me to only come to him for any warranty, recalls etc and that i would have no issues with having my car flagged. Never had issues with the desler and my mods.

Wondering is there is any mod friendly dealer or service guy that i can rake me car for maintenance or work once i start modding my car... dont plan on going big, just the basics: exhaust, intake, tune.. maybe ported stock tb and int manifold. But really dont want dealer problems and i dont know how realiable these cars really car.
2017 1LE
Once you do a tune, forget about it. You really can't expect a dealer to warranty the drivetrain when you fiddle with the ECM, you gotta pay to play...
Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Even if you flash back to stock?

Darn i pay to play but play it safe to with having the correct contacts :(
Old 06-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Even if you flash back to stock?

Darn i pay to play but play it safe to with having the correct contacts :(
Yup, the ECU shows the time stamps.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
These engines are pretty tough man, you have to weigh the risk v benefit and decide if you want to mod. If you cannot afford push it off a cliff, then don't tune your car.

That said, a lot of things will still be covered like electronics etc. They still have to prove the mod caused the failure, which means your drive train warranty is gone but bumper to bumper still in play for the most part.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #7
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
There are a couple of mod friendly dealers in this area that will still work with you, even if you're S/C, tuned, etc.

I had my 2010 SS w/ blower, dual fuel systems, forged wheels, full pedders/pfadt suspension, full exhaust, warrantied on a couple different power train issues because they were unrelated to the mods and a known issue. They even told me that when they showed me the 0.00 due invoice from the work, as I was expecting to have to pay. I now go back to them because not only do they do good work, but they know the difference between a part failing because it just failed or a part failing because your mods caused or contributed to it.

Just have to find one near enough to make it worth the drive. They're around.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
There are a couple of mod friendly dealers in this area that will still work with you, even if you're S/C, tuned, etc.

I had my 2010 SS w/ blower, dual fuel systems, forged wheels, full pedders/pfadt suspension, full exhaust, warrantied on a couple different power train issues because they were unrelated to the mods and a known issue. They even told me that when they showed me the 0.00 due invoice from the work, as I was expecting to have to pay. I now go back to them because not only do they do good work, but they know the difference between a part failing because it just failed or a part failing because your mods caused or contributed to it.

Just have to find one near enough to make it worth the drive. They're around.
Correct!!!! This!!!!!

Its not a matter of if a can pay or not that fix.. thats what a warranty is for, anything thing else brakes i still can have a piece of mind. Heck in my VW dealer the turbos fail and they still had me covered. Its a matter of the desler wanting to be jerks or not at the end GM pays the dealer.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #9
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
I don't plan on modding that much (I already have a CAI, and will probably just do a TB and be done), but who do you recommend?
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 AM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
....Florida thread?
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote