Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Old 02-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #15
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
A while back I finished another beautiful set of wheels for my Camaro. From another Forum member I purchased a set of ZL1 replicas that had never been on the road. Once purchased and received the original owner did not like the "machine silver finish". Shipped to me from Vegas I really thought I would also like them, WRONG, I didn't. OK... let's spend some more money on tires, wheels, TPMS sensors not to mention mounting and balancing. I am so fortunate and blessed to have made friends with a Marine Corps Staff Sergeant out of Camp Lejeune, NC. This Marine also owns his own powder coating business on the side. What a beautiful job he did on these wheels, finished in gloss black! I was so impressed I had him do a set of calipers for me in lollypop red. From a local GM dealership I scooped up a slightly used set of Brembo's they had on a shelf collecting dust since 2015. When the customer removed they had less than one week road time. OMG did they come out beautiful... don't know what I am going to do with them yet as I have the same exact powder coated ones on my Camaro. On Facebook "Marketplace" I scored another great deal on a new set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires, size 275/35/20. They had less than 20 miles on them when the owner discovered they were to wide for his 8 1/2" wheels. I believe I paid $550.00 for the set of 4. Changing wheels so often I invested in the Autel 601 TPMS/Scan tool, now I can get a quality sensor for considerably less coin. in I will post more pictures of the wheels, tires and the calipers that I had done. Amazing what powder coating will do! Also so easy to clean! I love black wheels!
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2020, 11:12 PM   #16
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I just picked up a very nice set of R42 like yours but in the silver paint. They are 20X8" front and 20X9" rear.

I am trying to find a decent price on TWO 20X9" rear wheels for a square setup.

Powder coater is going to coat this set to match the Ashen Gray Metallic.

I have a feeler out in the NYC area, not betting on it but I gave an ask. I have a friend coming down from Maine on either June 1st or 2nd and would ask him a favor!

Have you done anything yet with yours?

Larry
Old 05-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #17
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I just picked up a very nice set of R42 like yours but in the silver paint. They are 20X8" front and 20X9" rear.

I am trying to find a decent price on TWO 20X9" rear wheels for a square setup.

Powder coater is going to coat this set to match the Ashen Gray Metallic.

I have a feeler out in the NYC area, not betting on it but I gave an ask. I have a friend coming down from Maine on either June 1st or 2nd and would ask him a favor!

Have you done anything yet with yours?

Larry
wow, who did your calipers? those are PURRR-DEEEE!
where did you find new chev/brembo labels?
I wish I never saw them lol.....
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote