Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-18-2022, 10:21 PM   #1
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Arrow PHASE.2 MODS - Progress Thread !!!

Well, the time has finally come, most of the parts have arrived, and I had 3/4 of a day free so I rolled up the figurative sleeves, and got to work!

For those who are interested... PHASE.2 will consist of the following.
1. JRE Rough Idle Cam Package
2. Bronze Bushing Trunion Kit
3. LS7 Lifters + 3/8" Pushrods
4. TSP VVT Delete + Dual Springs + Ti Retainers
5. Katech Ported Blower + 103mm TB + C5R Chain + Oil Pump
6. Katech Cast Valve Covers + Coil Relocation
7. MSD Coils and plug wires
8. ATI balancer + 15% OD 9.17" Pulley
9. MM V3 Wild Catch Can
10. LME Chain Guide
11. Synergy 2 Gallon Fender Tank
12. DMS center HX + DMS 160 degree T.Stat with Billet housing
13. DSX Billet Lid + Banks iDash Guage
14. Griptec 2.4" Upper Pulley
15. Katech CNC Head Porting Service

I think thats everything... so far

So today i started the tear down. I was not able to pull the motor but feel im only an hour or two away... I need to read more about getting the AC condenser our of the way.

Observations so far...
1. The SC had WAY more oil that i expected for only 2,250 miles... it was SOAKED... very sad.
2. The front bumper was much easier to remove than i expected.
3. The BMR motor mounts and VBANDS make the header removal so damn fast!
4. I hate the 68 different types of GM connectors!!!
5. I hate the placement of hose pinch clamps... so many are impossible to reach and pinch.

Some progress and product photos below...
Stay tuned for more updates!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi

Last edited by SOCAL.M6.ZLE; 07-11-2023 at 05:30 PM.
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:30 PM   #2
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

a few pics as the parts started to roll in last week...
Attached Images

ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 09-18-2022, 10:48 PM   #3
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

A few progress photos from today
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2022, 11:06 PM   #4
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Awesome post! Subscribed!

What are you going to be using the car for? Roll? Dig? Road Course?

What are you doing for injectors? High and low-side fuel?
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #5
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Awesome post! Subscribed!

What are you going to be using the car for? Roll? Dig? Road Course?

What are you doing for injectors? High and low-side fuel?

Thank you... The cars only primary focus is to make me smile when i have time to drive it, but to answer your question, I enjoy roll racing.
As for fueling... 32% fuel lobe and JMS only. I want to see how far that will take me (told between 750-800rwhp)... after that, and depending on how everything feels i would not mind adding a low side AUX or larger in-tank pump if needed, but i think that will be the extent of my interest. (famous last words)
Old 09-19-2022, 08:33 AM   #6
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Oh hell yeah! Following this thread. The photos of uninstalled parts are... beautiful!? Looks like they belong in a magazine

Out of curiosity, did you consider toohighpsi PI?
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Oh hell yeah! Following this thread. The photos of uninstalled parts are... beautiful!? Looks like they belong in a magazine

Out of curiosity, did you consider toohighpsi PI?
Thank you for the kind words!
As for your question, I did not. Is that for Meth?
Old 09-19-2022, 11:20 AM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cool pics' and great thread. Keep 'em coming!

Fingers crossed for a successful build!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:30 AM   #9
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Thank you for the kind words!
As for your question, I did not. Is that for Meth?
No, it's for adding port injection as supplemental fueling to help overcome some of the fueling limits on these motors. I don't mean to imply you'll run into fueling issues with your Phase 2 build -- I'm far from an expert on the subject, still learning, but very interesting. laynlo has a thread with some good info. There are other threads too if you just search "toohighpsi"
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #10
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
No, it's for adding port injection as supplemental fueling to help overcome some of the fueling limits on these motors. I don't mean to imply you'll run into fueling issues with your Phase 2 build -- I'm far from an expert on the subject, still learning, but very interesting. laynlo has a thread with some good info. There are other threads too if you just search "toohighpsi"

10-4, thank you... Talking to JRE and others, I do believe the new list will hit the ceiling on the low side first... at around 750-800rwhp +/-

My guess is that once I get board from that... I can do the low side upgrade (either intank or AUX) to either turn up the E or boost for another 50+ rwhp

I dont mind doing either, just wanted to wait and see how the car feels at the 750rwhp level first... I would LOVE to run straight E85, but i cant justify the cost of fueling upgrades at the moment.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #11
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Awesome thread. Your Stage II build is how far I want to take my ZL1 eventually too. 750 sounds just about right.

Appreciate the thread, and the care you put in to taking such great photos and documenting the steps.

Excited for the progress, good luck in your build!
Old 09-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #12
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Awesome thread. Your Stage II build is how far I want to take my ZL1 eventually too. 750 sounds just about right.

Appreciate the thread, and the care you put in to taking such great photos and documenting the steps.

Excited for the progress, good luck in your build!
Thank you... I really wish i had more time to make videos for everyone, but being short on time, all i can share is photos and feedback.

Mounting my fender tank today, and hoping to have the motor out tonight.

Anyone have experience removing the AC pump and moving it out of the way without bleeding the system?
Old 09-20-2022, 12:05 AM   #13
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Ok... Day.2 Progress report.

The motor is out and on the stand.... and holy sh*t was it a PITA.
A few ramblings for those who are interested.

1. The AC pump CAN be set aside... the bolts are just hard to access and there are alot of connectors. Big tip was that the top bolt is a stud... and you need a 5mm to back it out to allow the pump to be set aside.

2. Clearance. I know some guys drop or shift the trans back, I opted for the cradle drop. To do this you will not only need (4) jack stands for the car, but you will want a 5th for the trans. Youll want to jack it up about 2" then brace it. you will be moving it up along with the motor. As this point, you will still be 2" below the cradle, so we removed all of the bolts except the front ones. those we left in, but with only a few threads to piviot on. TIP: you will need to remove the lower HX bolts. This allowed us to drop the cradle about 2.5" and that is all we needed.
3. But wait... now the fan shroud was in the way.... and good thing GM made this simple to remove... NOT :( There are a few screws on the bottom, and several harness clips and 2 bolts up top and then... a fu*king hard line that makes it tremendously challenging. What a dumb obstacle. I ended up cutting one of the tabs, and the shroud needs to lift an inch, then shift left 3" then come out... not easy at all.

4. Ok... 33 electrical connections, 327 harness clips, 86 hidden bolts and straps... and she is ready to come out. luckily, she disconnected from the trans pretty simple. Just some light prying from under the car, and a slightly scary amount of rocking and jerking and there is just enough room to bring her out. Remove clutch and flywheel (24mm socket needed to hold crank) and she is ready for the stand.

Im beat.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:20 AM   #14
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Sorry, didnt take many pics... was getting tired and trying to finish, lots more to follow
Attached Images