The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2022, 09:13 PM   #15
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by VChula View Post
If one wanted to be a truly strict (asshole) car show administrator, one could decide to not allow a 5th Gen COPO to be entered as those cars are technically a "GM part" and aret registerable as a street driven vehicle (they don't have a VIN number.)..
And there’s your first clue…if you can’t drive your car to a car show…why bother?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:58 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
And there’s your first clue…if you can’t drive your car to a car show…why bother?
In the 2011 Camaro Nationals I entered my modified 2010 SS in the judged Heartbeat class. There were 3 cars in class, on the field. The girl beside me, who trailered hers in, took 1st. 2nd and 3rd went to 2 cars in trailers, in the parking lot. So it paid for them to bother. But I never bothered to enter that class again.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:53 AM   #17
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
In the 2011 Camaro Nationals I entered my modified 2010 SS in the judged Heartbeat class. There were 3 cars in class, on the field. The girl beside me, who trailered hers in, took 1st. 2nd and 3rd went to 2 cars in trailers, in the parking lot. So it paid for them to bother. But I never bothered to enter that class again.
Yeah, I screwed that up…I’m meant to write if people are trailing to car shows, the people that drove probably shouldn’t bother.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:08 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
It has nothing to do with fault. It’s just the right thing to do. Look at it from a different perspective….by your rationale very few cars, if any, would be entered in the unmodified class. So if you’ve tinted your windows or added a cold air intake…you’re now modified.

So how come no one puts their cars with a painted engine bay or aftermarket exhaust in the modified class? Maybe those are the real assholes for not entering the right class…make up your mind…can’t have it both ways.
I think it goes by the definition of modified by the show. Many shows will disqualify your vehicle if entered into the wrong class. A show I used to attend was the GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA. They defined in the entry form what could still be considered for each class. Such as stock was less than 5 mods, and listed things like tint, exhaust, cold air intake, etc. Modified, modified street, heavily modified, were some of the other classes with differentiation for each class. I still stick by a COPO with no modifications being a qualified unmodified class contender. Sure it might be a ringer, but it qualifies, IMO.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 04:15 PM   #19
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I guess a lot can change in 11 years Mark, got 2nd last year and 1st this year, I'm done killing myself for that one at this point though, lots of competition there now too, like at least probably a dozen 5th gen modifieds
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2022, 06:46 PM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
I guess a lot can change in 11 years Mark, got 2nd last year and 1st this year, I'm done killing myself for that one at this point though, lots of competition there now too, like at least probably a dozen 5th gen modifieds

Nice going Vinman.