The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray vs...

Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #43
imported_George

First of all for me you can't compare the 2 cars (apples and oranges). The journalist asked a silly question and got a silly answer

Secondly he must still be pissed off when the corvette prototype in Transformers 2 (I think) cut the R8 in half. Michael Bay probably hadn't told them they were going to destroy it.
imported_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Vic

Drives: Viper GTS
"It's the American dream with four wheels and four exhausts, and if you don't like it, you can get lost."

Finally, a Brit who realises we don't care what they think! Maybe there's hope for them?

They are noticeably quiet, about the Vipers' 7:12 on the Ring, and the ZR1s 7:19. Instead, they just talk about the lowly Mustang, and how it sucks in corners. (as if the Mustang was America's finest effort) In other words, they limit their acknowledgement of American corner-carving prowness to just those easy targets, that give them spiteful justification for their iconoclast snobbery.

And why? Because if they dared mention that no British mass produced sports car can corner like a Viper or Vette, then they would look foolish indeed. So instead, they like to set up little "straw men", and knock them down. Talk about blind....

Yeah, we used to get crappy interiors, but even that's changing, on both the Viper and Vette. Not too much for them to pick on us anymore.

And why would they care about sports cars, anyway? You can't speed in England, what with all those speed cameras around. A big-brother nation of freeway nannys.

C class subcompacts is all you really need in the UK, which is mostly what you see over there anyway. Doesn't look like they need to concern themselves with Ring times at all....Yet they fawn all over fantastically expensive Italian supercars they can't afford, can't use anyway, and which cars can't even beat the big two American corner carvers on the Ring.

Long live Viper and Corvette!

PS.. I like all cars, and all peoples, all nations. I admire engineering, craftsmanship, and style, whether it's from Ferrari, Porsche, MB, or Aston, etc.
I respect the competition, because it improves the breed. We can rise to the challenge. Bring it on, I say!

Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #45
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Touché Vic! :spy:
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
That's the difference between a Corvette and an Audi ...reliability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
My cousin's Audi spent more time in the dealer's service bay than in his garage.
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
That is such a stupid comment...
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #48
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
I read this and couldn't help but comment.
Aside from a nitty Brit reporter who's job it is to invoke emotion, what did you expect the Audi rep to say? "OMG, I am worried the American's may be able to take some of our market share on this side of the pond."?
Not.
Look at this way, he was able to get photos and their brand name slathered all over a site dedicated to the new C7.
Not only is he an engineer but some what of a marketing Guru.
I have Audi's. I have BMW's. I have GM, Ford, Mini, Mazda, and other products.
Each one does certain tasks I need completed and most do those individual tasks well. Just like I don't use a hammer for a welder, I wouldn't drive my All Road for the excitement I get from a Classic Corvette.
Point here is a Nitt Witt only gets the energy you give him.

One thing you have to keep in mind, at different times in history, we handed the Brits and the Germans there a**es and sent them home to there mamas!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #49
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I read this and couldn't help but comment.
Aside from a nitty Brit reporter who's job it is to invoke emotion, what did you expect the Audi rep to say? "OMG, I am worried the American's may be able to take some of our market share on this side of the pond."?
Not.
Look at this way, he was able to get photos and their brand name slathered all over a site dedicated to the new C7.
Not only is he an engineer but some what of a marketing Guru.
I have Audi's. I have BMW's. I have GM, Ford, Mini, Mazda, and other products.
Each one does certain tasks I need completed and most do those individual tasks well. Just like I don't use a hammer for a welder, I wouldn't drive my All Road for the excitement I get from a Classic Corvette.
Point here is a Nitt Witt only gets the energy you give him.

One thing you have to keep in mind, at different times in history, we handed the Brits and the Germans there a**es and sent them home to there mamas!
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK:sad:

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #50
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Damn straight it's an American icon and absolutely represents driving in the US at its finest. Thank God I live here rather than the UK - gas is about $8.84/gal currently, you're taxed on CO2 emissions then drilled with exorbitant insurance rates on top of that. Parking is a bitch - sorry, an EXPENSIVE bitch and if you're stupid enough to drive into London, well -there's a fine for doing that as well.

Meanwhile, on our side of the pond, we can guzzle all the 93 octane we want for a relatively cheap $4.17 here in Maryland, park for damn near nothing, insurance is reasonable, Montana and other states offer plenty of opportunity to drive at insane speeds and the biggest cost that most 'Vette owners face would be $2,100 for a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

So yes, "our" sports car represents where it was imagined, designed, developed and built. Give us a big ass V-8, plenty of power, to hell with the gas mileage and if it's slightly difficult to parallel park? Ahhh - outside of NYC and DC, who has to parallel park? Just go find an end spot.

Besides, having driven in the UK there are two HUGE factors that mess up Americans. Driving on the wrong side of the road is obvious but I found being on the wrong side of the car almost as bad with a manual. You grow up shifting with your right hand and left foot on the clutch. Then have to learn it all over again with your left hand from the wrong side of the car.

And no, I'd never pay that much for a RS5. Give me a C7 to go really fast ($70K). And an A4 for lousy weather along with a great interior ($40K). Then I'd still have an extra $10,000 or so to buy a new set of clubs and take a nice week long golf outing someplace warm right now
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:15 AM   #51
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
I've been doing a lot of research on the Audi RS6 and it is a magnificent car, here's a proof! But I think that this statement is way too swaggering so thumbs down (N) !
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote