Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #29
Jay23

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th, 2007 VRSCDX
Sounds like the guy with "corsa" didn't really have corsa, I have heard plenty in person to know that that is crazy talk. Glad you like your exhuast, but a v6 and a v8 sound nothing alike. That's not a v8 vs v6 camaro thing, it's just a basic engine thing.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #30
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Well in the last week ive had 2 camaro ss people follow me and ask me what the hell exhaust i have on my car because its loud and deep. neither of them could believe I had a v6 for one (they didnt see the lack of mail slot) and that i just had straight pipes. One of these SS's had a corsa exhaust and it didnt hold a candle. I paid $70 to have my mufflers cut off and 3inch pipe put in its place (no headers, nothing done to the cats), and 2 SS guys loved the sound of my v6 better than theirs.

True story, and I know im going to get some smart ass comments from v8 guys who spent mutli-hundred dollars for their setups and want to defend them, so let a rip.

heres a video of my exact setup (not my car):

Sounds sickkk!!!! Def cannot beat that sound for $70 bux don't care wat any of the haters say!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #31
45thRs

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary Rs
Will this void the warranty ? Sounds badass to me
Old 06-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thRs View Post
Will this void the warranty ? Sounds badass to me
Lol no it will not void warranty
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #33
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45thAnniversaryV6 View Post
Hey, Austin, how is the interior drone with that setup? I want an aftermarket exhaust to get a more aggressive tone from my car, but don't have the dough right now. This might be a good option for me, if the interior sound isn't to loud.
I've told several people this, if you don't want to pay ANY money and still get a huge upgrade to sound, then find someone who modded his SS and take their exhaust. I've done it and had no problems and it sounds amazing! Totally different sound from idle to WOT and my exhaust now has the coveted "popping" sound

I've really got to take a video of my exhaust at some point...
Old 06-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #34
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
After this forum ingrained into my mind that straight pipe v6's sounded like weed wackers and honda civics(same thing). I sought out to find out how bad it really sounds. It sounds terribly amazing! I set off a car alarm everyday of the week with my car but it is honestly not that loud. The sound is v8 like at low RPM's for SURE! Once you go to 2500 rpm or above that is when it sounds extremely raspy though! I don't mind it i think it sounds pretty exotic. But definitely not v8 sounding. But more like something I have never heard before almost like a Ferrari except with extra rasp.
At idle the v8 and straight piped v6 sound identical and both have that deep rumble everyone loves.

If you have not straight piped your v6 yet, DO IT!

I was once a hater now I am believer.

I did not read anyone's thread on how it sounds good but I did it because I wanted to try something different and it ended up being better than the American Thunder Flowmaster exhaust I had before it. But I mostly wanted louder that's why it's better for me.

I also felt like I lost some torque doing the straight pipes for some reason austin did you feel the same way?

FYI My car was straight piped one month ago.

END OF RANT
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #35
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
I have a very different view then Austin on most things (ricer! Jk)

But the v6 vid sounds baddass.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #36
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Ive listened to virtually all working videos in the V8 exhaust thread over the past few days as i just got my exhaust system installed today, so i believe im pretty well qualified to judge.

Your car sounds good. I think its pretty solid for the given cubic inch motor.

I believe you think it sounds good, and that you genuinely believe it compares to a V8. I also know you know that the only way you'd ever get close to a V8 sound is by doing a muffler delete.

But this is just silly. Your car DOES NOT sound much like a V8 at all, with its muffler delete. Way more raspy, way more high pitched, and not the same.

Believe those 2 SS guys to make you feel better if you like, i wouldnt blame you.. The only reason they said that is because they are unaware of what a V8 muffler delete sounds like. If they did, they'd say exactly what i did, because they'd know the difference.

You might beat a Corsa wth your straight pipes (and even thats debatable) but no way in hell your cars exhaust would stand up to a v8 muffler delete.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Old 06-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #37
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
+1 for muffler delete!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #38
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
the STOCK v8 and v6 is so quite. without a aftermarket exhaust they sounds like a Prius. So i agree the one in the video doesnt sound anything like a Stock V8 it sounds better
Stop comparing apples to oranges. Your setup is not stock, and if your setup is done on a V8, it puts your "better sounding" exhaust to sleep.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #39
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I live in a place where people drive vehicles until every last part falls off. The majority of those vehicles are early 90s 6 cyl minivans.

The video sounds like a minivan that lost its muffler.

That said, if you like the sound of it then that's all that should matter.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #40
JewelSS1992

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Muffler delete sounds good on a v6 I had a muffler delete but their was a reason I upgraded to the v8 sound is amazing but that does not take anything away from the v6 bad ass car
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #41
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
The V6 can sound nice and deep at cold start and very low RPMs, like in the vid, but once you rev it up, you get that characteristic V6 scream (and maybe rasp). Not saying it's a bad thing at all; it's just different than than V8. I admit, both V6 and V8 sound pretty weak with stock exhausts. The Corsa and Solo systems are nice because you can cruise around and keep the sound pretty mild, but when you get on the gas, OMG

Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #42
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Why do so many people get all butt hurt over this. Who really cares. OMG look it's a V6. The owner should be beaten and the car sent straight to the crusher. Some folks need to get a life. Reality check. A stock ss sounds weak as hell and marginally better than a friggin smart car.

I wanted to stab myself in the ears until i ripped that crap off and sent it to the crusher. I say good for whoever tries to make their ride better. V6 or not.

I am certain that any non stock V6 sounds better than any stock SS. Oranges or not.

Oh, and yeah i drive an SS.

Closed Thread