Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
They ended up pretty good off. A 500$ coach purse, Louis V clutch, cash, credit cards, and most of all my damn dress shirts I just bought.

That wasn't the worst part, after having the window replaced my insurance dropped me.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #30
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
You say that but I'm sure someone has broken in a car for less
im sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Austin, what about your xbox and stuff? How do you secure that? Just keep it in the trunk? Hoping they won't pull down the back seat?
Well, Ive been keeping them both in the house unless I go for a long trip or to a car show. So, they are not in there most of the time. But, I insured both the ps3 and xbox on my car insurance, just incase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKilowatt View Post
This happened to me. I always left my spare change on the dash of my mazda truck. It had a lower like 3" by 12" section on the dash. I also didn't usually lock it because that's all I had in the truck. So one night I come out of a jazz club , I get into my truck and I notice something not right, then it dawns on me that the change is gone. I actually laughed, if someone felt the need to steal $2.00 in change, mostly pennies, they obviously needed it way more than I did.
was your car unlocked? or did they break the window and get just change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
They ended up pretty good off. A 500$ coach purse, Louis V clutch, cash, credit cards, and most of all my damn dress shirts I just bought.

That wasn't the worst part, after having the window replaced my insurance dropped me.
holy crap man. That sucks big time.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #31
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcvictory11 View Post
Haven't seen you post in awhile, and then this.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #32
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Hahaha. I guess it's the Miami in me but I don't ever leave anything visible and even lock my doors in the garage. I do have a iPod in my center console and about 2 bucks in change but that isn't visible so no one really knows its there. And for the most part I am always on the good side of town with my camaro. But you never know when it can happen.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
was your car unlocked? or did they break the window and get just change?.
I believe it was unlocked, because they did not break anything.

But I was just thinking about my friends daughter. She left her purse in her car while at the gym. And the thieves got into her car, went throught her purse, and took out the credit cards and put everything back the way they found it. She did not know anything was missing, but her car alarm was going off. She didn't figure out what happened until she stopped for gas and had no cards. Then they used the cards at a bestbuy, before she could cancel them.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Glad to hear your ride was okay bro, I saw the thread title and feared the worst for you. I purposely never leave any valuables in my Camaro. If I have to take it somewhere I fear for it, I'll purposely put a Mcdonalds bag or whatever other fast food trash etc. in the floor and an old sweatshirt with holes in it lying in the seat. Junk it up basically so that it looks like I have nothing in there, which I don't anyway, but its all about appearances.

I never eat in my ride, but I'll bring the trash with me on trips in case I have to park somewhere and "Junk her up" for appearances. It would tick me off to have the car broken into, but I'd hate it worse if they broke in, found nothing, and vandalized further because of it.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Sad to hear man I'm at my local LA Fitness almost daily and there have been quite a few cars broken into during the busiest time when the lot is full around 5 PM. That's why nothing of interest is in sight in my car!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #36
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Hahaha. I guess it's the Miami in me but I don't ever leave anything visible and even lock my doors in the garage. I do have a iPod in my center console and about 2 bucks in change but that isn't visible so no one really knows its there. And for the most part I am always on the good side of town with my camaro. But you never know when it can happen.
That's a good idea as well. Two people on the vette forum got followed home from leaving the gym. One of them noticed the car following him and went into a different neighborhood and managed to lose them. The other guy didn't think it was a big deal and just a coincidence. That night they broke into his garage to steal his ZO6. He heard them and called the police but they ran before the police got there. A week later they tried again. This time they were confronted with the owners loaded shotgun but still managed to escape.

My point, be aware of your surroundings and avoid going straight home if you are suspecious of a car behind you.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #37
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Im going to have to buy that fake double din cover.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Im going to have to buy that fake double din cover.
here you go bro, $16 shipped, the same one I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ouku-D0527-D...ht_4990wt_1398
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #39
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Always, always have your trunk monkey with you at all times..

Last edited by IrocJack; 05-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
here you go bro, $16 shipped, the same one I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ouku-D0527-D...ht_4990wt_1398
Woowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Good shit!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
You don't even want to hear my story about my WITNESSED car burglary the other night. Saw him. Recognized him (as that's my job). Pointed it out to my wife and told her to watch. He breaks in...QUICKLY, I might add...and we are off to the races. I'm on the phone with the call taker and the call taker is an ABSOLUTE MORON.

I literally gave up.

She was so freaking dee de dee that there was no point.

I gave her my call sign...which she thought was a license plate.

I have her the suspects vehicle license plate...which she never took down.

I gave her direction of flight...which she never put out...

I gave her the location asking her to send officers as I was behind him...which happened 7 minutes later...

She even asked me if I was in my patrol car.... DUH! If I was in my patrol car, wouldn't I have a RADIO and not be CALLING you on my CELL PHONE!?!??!

Another car burglary gets away.

I'm so disappointed with some of our call takers... :(
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
AGENT-006
AKA 'Mr. 006'

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
yea gyms seem to be a big target for car theft. theres a lot here in Fresno.