Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
I was given this same advice earlier and the guy also told me to spray a light coat of tint spray on the bulb to black it out a bit so it doesnt shine amber through the turn signal when the ligbts are off. It also blacks out thefront fascia a little more..
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Yep...did mine about two months ago. Nicer, huh?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #17
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I never knew this, I'll have to do this ASAP. Thanks!
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
I was given this same advice earlier and the guy also told me to spray a light coat of tint spray on the bulb to black it out a bit so it doesnt shine amber through the turn signal when the ligbts are off. It also blacks out thefront fascia a little more..
not a bad idea, also they sell chrome bulbs that still shine amber when turn signals are one. They are like $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Yep...did mine about two months ago. Nicer, huh?
way better. Now people wont think im the 5-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I never knew this, I'll have to do this ASAP. Thanks!
no problem, takes 5 mins. Very easy mod
Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
i had a different experience on my ls with this mod. I bought a harness from ofer and rs headlights. once i did this mod, the lights will turn on then shut off for about a minute and a half. After that time the lights will flicker back on and everything worked like a charm. wonder why mine did that?!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
i had a different experience on my ls with this mod. I bought a harness from ofer and rs headlights. once i did this mod, the lights will turn on then shut off for about a minute and a half. After that time the lights will flicker back on and everything worked like a charm. wonder why mine did that?!
lol, very strange, i have no clue. Ask Ofer hes the man. He is a genius
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
lol, very strange, i have no clue. Ask Ofer hes the man. He is a genius
well i no longer have the rs headlights. i just found that to very weird
Old 05-27-2016, 07:17 AM   #22
Xiclutchz--
YG.Trece

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro z28 2015
You said cut the left wire well how do I know which wire to cut ?? lol can I have a color or picture for details thanks
Xiclutchz-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:50 PM   #23
Xiclutchz--
YG.Trece

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro z28 2015
Bump
Xiclutchz-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #24
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
what are you trying to do? the bulbs are 3157 and it has 2 sets of light in them what he did was cut the wires off for the low power in the bulbs and that fixed his needs.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:03 PM   #25
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Well, I always hated how my turn signals lights came on when I turned on my headlights. So, I was thinking of how I could only have them on when I had the turn signal on to turn, and off all the time except for that. So, I did some research and found if you take out the turn signal bulbs. Having the sylvania logo facing towards you, Cut the left wire. And, your done. Now the turn signals only go on when you signal right or left, or put the hazards on.
Those lights are called Park Lights. Turn signals blink. Park lights do not. They've been coming on with the headlights on every car sold in this country, by federal law, since 1968. On 5th Gens, they come on with headlights on the non-RS cars, but not the RS cars. I've always assumed that GM gets away with this because the RS cars have halos which replace the park lights.

I have a non-RS car that I put RS headlights in, using Ofer's harness. The harness is plug-n-play, except for one wire, the halo power wire. When I installed the lights and harness, I removed the park light wire from both park light bulb sockets. I then tinned the ends of the halo power wires and slipped them into the connectors on the ends of the wires that I'd removed from the park light sockets and taped them up. This accomplished a couple of things. First, it disabled my park lights and powered my halos in one move. Second, it's easily reversed with out buying anything. The clipping of the leads on the park light bulbs is easily reversed too, but you do have to buy new light bulbs to undo it.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 06-11-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #26
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiclutchz-- View Post
Bump
When he says to cut the wire, he is talking about the metal contact on the bulb itself and not the colored/insulated wire that goes to the connector. The left contact/wire is the one you'll want to cut off, all it does is prevent power from getting to these lights for running/parking lights, but turn signals will still work.

In his picture, it is already cut off. I'll show you, just ignore the double image I did this in like 2 seconds without double checking before uploading

The green line used to be a metal piece, just like the right side. you cut it off so that it matches the original image:

This is only for non-RS cars.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #27
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro LFX
I was looking for this thread!! Ima get the rs headlights and wanted to have the rs function where theyre off while headlights/halos are on. Dam good shit
dreyesforeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:53 AM   #28
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiclutchz-- View Post
You said cut the left wire well how do I know which wire to cut ?? lol can I have a color or picture for details thanks
With Sylvania lettersfacing you, like in the picture, remove the left wire. Had mine for a couple years and no issues

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote