Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
That's a great job. Do those projectors just fit in there like a bulb would? I thought there was some sort of epoxy and sanding involved. And DDM is pretty reliable. I have a kit in my Yamaha R1 and a few friends have them in their cars and bikes as well.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thank you very much. Wiring was a breeze. the control box takes 6 wires.

1. 12v source
2. ground
3. Red
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Black

And the halos have the Red, Green, Blue, and Black wires on them. I did all the wiring in about 20 min, no problem at all. And, the remote is very weak. I tested the halos and controller box and remote outside of the car before i installed anything and you have to be like 3 feet from the box for the remote to do anything. Im going to call and see if theres anything i can do to extend the range of the remote. Other than that I love it. looks amazing
I had that problem with one of their controllers I have. It turned out to be the remotes battery. I got a new battery and the remote was a lot more responsive.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
That's a great job. Do those projectors just fit in there like a bulb would? I thought there was some sort of epoxy and sanding involved. And DDM is pretty reliable. I have a kit in my Yamaha R1 and a few friends have them in their cars and bikes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
I had that problem with one of their controllers I have. It turned out to be the remotes battery. I got a new battery and the remote was a lot more responsive.
The mini morimoto projectors Like I got go in very easy. Kind of like a bulb yes, you just have to take out the reflector part, put the backside of the projector through and 3 pieces on the back sandwich and lock it to the reflector, and then just pop the reflector back in. Very simple. Some Projectors you do have to sand, align and all that crap, but not the one i got.

R1 nice man, thats a sick bike. Very quick.

So you think if I just go buy a new battery that will do it? that would be awesome. Thanks for the info man.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
Saint Alban

Quote:
The mini morimoto projectors Like I got go in very easy. Kind of like a bulb yes, you just have to take out the reflector part, put the backside of the projector through and 3 pieces on the back sandwich and lock it to the reflector, and then just pop the reflector back in. Very simple. Some Projectors you do have to sand, align and all that crap, but not the one i got.

R1 nice man, thats a sick bike. Very quick.

So you think if I just go buy a new battery that will do it? that would be awesome. Thanks for the info man.
Well, hopefully it's the battery. I don't have the same controller as you. Yours actually looks more high tech than mine so I don't see why it should be weak. I have an RGB controller also from eBay for like $25 and it's got like 100 ft range.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

ya if the battery doesnt work which i hope it does, its no biggie really. Ill just program the mods I like onto the control box, and just switch them there.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

ill try picking up a new battery tomorrow or the next day
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #21
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Very nice! Thanks for posting pics and where you ordered (and prices!). Much appreciated.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #22
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Very nice! Thanks for posting pics and where you ordered (and prices!). Much appreciated.
No problem at all.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Nice!

It's nice to see members starting to see that the Retrofit is the way to go. It is a little work but not that bad.

Wait until you get everything finished up. You'll love the output and cut-off of the Morimoto projectors.

BTW: I was talking to the guys over at TRS a few weeks ago and they mentioned they are working on some Halos as well. They are supposed to be out soon and he said they'll be alot less expensive than what's on the market now.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Thats pretty Impressive. Always love to see a good retrofit. Ever been on hidplanet forums? good stuff over there.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Thank you very much. Wiring was a breeze. the control box takes 6 wires.

1. 12v source
2. ground
3. Red
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Black

And the halos have the Red, Green, Blue, and Black wires on them. I did all the wiring in about 20 min, no problem at all. And, the remote is very weak. I tested the halos and controller box and remote outside of the car before i installed anything and you have to be like 3 feet from the box for the remote to do anything. Im going to call and see if theres anything i can do to extend the range of the remote. Other than that I love it. looks amazing
Thanks! It's good to know the wiring is easy because I'm not that experienced with automotive wiring yet. I'm curious to see if I have to extend any wires by soldering extensions on the end just to get them to reach. Also, hopefully it's just the battery in the remote that's low.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
YES! they look awesome...nicely done
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #27
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Thanks! It's good to know the wiring is easy because I'm not that experienced with automotive wiring yet. I'm curious to see if I have to extend any wires by soldering extensions on the end just to get them to reach. Also, hopefully it's just the battery in the remote that's low.
I'm always looking for crap on eBay. If you need to extend wires, eBay has wires for RGB LEDs real cheap. So you don't have to buy a bunch of different colored wire to extend each color.

3 feet is about $2
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Woah that looks freaking sweet man
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote