The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Apex Motorsports C7 Skip Shift Eliminators IN STOCK | FREE SHIPPING (US orders only)

CAGS, or Computer-Aided Gear Selection, is a feature on many GM V8 performance vehicle equipped with a manual transmission. The stated purpose of CAGS is to improve fuel economy under “normal” driving conditions and is usually activated when:

● the transmission is in 1st gear
● you are applying 21% throttle or less
● the vehicle is traveling between 15 and 19 mph
● engine coolant temperature is greater than 169 F (76 C)

When these parameters are met, CAGS overrides the driver and locks out 2nd gear, forcing the driver to "skip shift". Most serious drivers are unwilling to accept this factory installed nuisance and eliminating it is priority number one. The safest way to eliminate CAGS is by installing a Skip Shift Eliminator.

The Apex Motorsports Skip Shift Eliminator uses OEM weather-proof plugs and is installed by simply lifting your vehicle, unplugging the CAGS wiring harness from its solenoid, and plugging the Skip Shift Eliminator inline between the harness and solenoid. These units trick the CAGS into thinking it's still in control but will not allow it to activate and will not trigger trouble codes or the “Service” light on your dash board.

Apex Motorsports Skip Shift Eliminator: $26.95 SHIPPED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete43 View Post
I installed Apex's skip shift eliminator. It works great! The warning still comes up on my HUD. But I shift into second just like it's suppose to. It installs on the upper drivers side connection. Under what looks like a heat insulated small toilet paper roll. You will need a zip tie or two. And the (toilet paper roll) will be too short to protect both connections so I wrapped the extra wire in heat tape.
I found out the stingrays' motion detection alarm works too when I jacked the rear of my car! lol

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
H2OStingray

Drives: 2014 Red/Red Z51 3LT
yep just ordered mine that skip shift is extremely annoying.
H2OStingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, c7 cags, c7 skip shift eliminator, cags