The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
american_badaz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
hello from central VA

Hello everyone!
My name is Ian. I live in Amherst VA, and this sounds too much like an AA meeting intro.

I guess a little info about me first. I was an auto tech for 22 years (Specialized in Toyota and Subaru), got sick of being an electrician, so I have been working at a papermill for the last 7 years.

I have built tons and tons of aircooled VW's over the years, but have also owned many F-bodies as well. Here is the one that started it all back in 1993. It was a '68 RS with a 327 and p/g transmission. I still deeply regret selling it.

Over the years i have also owned 2-'78 Z's, a 79 Formula Firebird, a 81 Formula, 86 Iroc, 87 IROC with a 5spd, a 92 Purple Haze RS, 94 Formula, a 97 Formula, and my latest purchase....

I recently picked up a '12 2SS/RS. It has 68k miles. I am really enjoying it. (What little I have driven it. I got it for cruise-ins/ shows/ occasional drives.)

Mods are K&N CAI, BBK long tube headers with high flow cats, Pypes bomb exhaust, and tuned ecu. I am in the process of building a new garage for it right now, so I don't expect too many more mods in the near future. Well.... maybe change the wheels... We all know how the story begins.

Anyway, I have been quietly watching the forum for a bit and have learned a lot about the Gen5's. Hopefully I will be able to contribute as time goes on.

Oh... I almost forgot... pics or it didn't happen right?!

american_badaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:42 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Welcome!
Old 08-28-2022, 02:29 PM   #3
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Welcome right across the mountain from you near Lexington Va.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:12 PM   #4
american_badaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
Welcome right across the mountain from you near Lexington Va.
Thanks!
I was just at the drive-in movies out your way a couple weeks ago. Not many of those left any more.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Nice ! Welcome!
Old 08-29-2022, 09:26 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-29-2022, 10:19 AM   #7
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Welcome! I grew up in the Winchester/Berryville/Harpers Ferry area. Ive been considering moving back for a little while but that area has grown so much it doesn’t seem like home as much as it used to for the 25+ years I lived there. We moved to NM about 10 years ago, but still get back to visit once or twice a year.
Nice car, I look foreword to seeing what you do with it. Love that ‘68! I’d regret selling that one too.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
A big RVA welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 11:45 PM   #9
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Love the colour of that ‘68 RS!

Welcome!
Old 09-06-2022, 09:57 AM   #10
SSE14

Drives: 2014 Spring Special Edition SS Vert
Welcome to the forum! Great looking car!
Old 09-07-2022, 12:00 PM   #11
american_badaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Welcome! I grew up in the Winchester/Berryville/Harpers Ferry area. Ive been considering moving back for a little while but that area has grown so much it doesn’t seem like home as much as it used to for the 25+ years I lived there. We moved to NM about 10 years ago, but still get back to visit once or twice a year.
Nice car, I look foreword to seeing what you do with it. Love that ‘68! I’d regret selling that one too.
The wife's mom and son live just outside of Romney WV, so I have to make multiple trips through the Winchester are every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Love the colour of that ‘68 RS!

Welcome!
The hugger orange with white stripes was awesome. That is a pic of a pic. It was a very nice restored/modded car. Oddly enough it was a factory RS with auto shifter on the column. bucket seats with no console. Also had factory tinted windows with no a/c, which I was told was also strange. I hate to say it, but I bought it in '93 for $4500 with my graduation money. Only had it a little over a year and sold it. If we only knew then right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE14 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Great looking car!
Thanks so much for the welcomes everybody! I work a rotating swing shift, so I am loitering around at odd hours. lol