Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-01-2022, 09:17 AM   #547
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Oh, so now they’re initiatives. You didn’t mention that in the other post.
Anyhow yes, 100% fear mongering.
There's no "fear mongering" in noting that a shift to insect protein is being talked about, and legally adopted, globally. Call it incentives, call it social pressure, call it legislation, call it whatever you want. It's an actual market with tens of billions being invested. You must have missed Bill Gates on 60 Minutes in Feb 2021. "Alternative protein" is not just the Impossible Burger being offered just about everywhere now, but insect protein has been a huge push due to it's benefits over plant-based protein. Because it's being sold as a solution to climate change, therefore, changing our food sources will be forced upon us just as EV transitions are.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/IP_21_3541
"The European Commission presented its plans to help the European Union become carbon neutral by 2050 on Wednesday. As part of the European Green Deal, the Commission, the executive branch of the EU, has pledged €100 billion from 2021-2027 for the green transition. The plan includes investing in plant-based and alternative proteins."

https://time.com/5942290/eat-insects-save-planet/
"Analysts at Barclays Bank now estimate that the insect protein market could reach $8bn by 2030, up from less than $1bn today. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6728817/
"In Western societies, edible insects have a greater potential as animal feed than as human food because of cultural biases associated with harmful insects, although the abundant characteristics of edible insects should benefit human health. Nevertheless, many countries in Asia, Oceania, Africa, and Latin America utilize insects as a major protein source. Using insects can potentially solve problems related to the conventional food-supply chain, including global water, land, and energy deficits. Academic, industry, and government-led efforts have attempted to reduce negative perceptions of insects through developing palatable processing methods, as well as providing descriptions of health benefits and explaining the necessity of reducing reliance on other food sources. Our overview reveals that entomophagy is experiencing a steady increase worldwide, despite its unfamiliarity to the consumers influenced by Western eating habits."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0907203914.htm
"The use of insects as food for humans and animals has both the potential to reduce European consumers' carbon footprint and contribute to reducing incentives for continued soybean cultivation in the Amazon rainforest. However, when compared to feeding insects to farm animals, the direct human consumption of insects has the biggest potential to reduce our consumption-based carbon footprint."

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...arithmetically.
"However, the production of meat, more importantly ruminant meat is more and more argued for some issues including environment, food safety, and animal welfare. In order to ensure sustainable protein production, the dietary change would be to use alternative protein sources such as insects. In general, insects have high protein content and excellent production efficiency compared with other conventional protein food groups. It is necessarily important to develop the use of insects in various forms, including pastes or powders, concentrates or isolates which can be used further as ingredients or fortified agents in new food product formulations."

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 09-01-2022 at 09:34 AM.
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #548
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
There's no "fear mongering" in noting that a shift to insect protein is being talked about, and legally adopted, globally. Call it incentives, call it social pressure, call it legislation, call it whatever you want. It's an actual market with tens of billions being invested. You must have missed Bill Gates on 60 Minutes in Feb 2021. "Alternative protein" is not just the Impossible Burger being offered just about everywhere now, but insect protein has been a huge push due to it's benefits over plant-based protein. Because it's being sold as a solution to climate change, therefore, changing our food sources will be forced upon us just as EV transitions are.

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pres.../en/IP_21_3541
"The European Commission presented its plans to help the European Union become carbon neutral by 2050 on Wednesday. As part of the European Green Deal, the Commission, the executive branch of the EU, has pledged €100 billion from 2021-2027 for the green transition. The plan includes investing in plant-based and alternative proteins."

https://time.com/5942290/eat-insects-save-planet/
"Analysts at Barclays Bank now estimate that the insect protein market could reach $8bn by 2030, up from less than $1bn today. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6728817/
"In Western societies, edible insects have a greater potential as animal feed than as human food because of cultural biases associated with harmful insects, although the abundant characteristics of edible insects should benefit human health. Nevertheless, many countries in Asia, Oceania, Africa, and Latin America utilize insects as a major protein source. Using insects can potentially solve problems related to the conventional food-supply chain, including global water, land, and energy deficits. Academic, industry, and government-led efforts have attempted to reduce negative perceptions of insects through developing palatable processing methods, as well as providing descriptions of health benefits and explaining the necessity of reducing reliance on other food sources. Our overview reveals that entomophagy is experiencing a steady increase worldwide, despite its unfamiliarity to the consumers influenced by Western eating habits."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0907203914.htm
"The use of insects as food for humans and animals has both the potential to reduce European consumers' carbon footprint and contribute to reducing incentives for continued soybean cultivation in the Amazon rainforest. However, when compared to feeding insects to farm animals, the direct human consumption of insects has the biggest potential to reduce our consumption-based carbon footprint."

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...arithmetically.
"However, the production of meat, more importantly ruminant meat is more and more argued for some issues including environment, food safety, and animal welfare. In order to ensure sustainable protein production, the dietary change would be to use alternative protein sources such as insects. In general, insects have high protein content and excellent production efficiency compared with other conventional protein food groups. It is necessarily important to develop the use of insects in various forms, including pastes or powders, concentrates or isolates which can be used further as ingredients or fortified agents in new food product formulations."
You are arguing with someone who is either willfully ignorant or malicious. Ideological blinders will prevent him from ever connecting the dots until its far too late.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:39 AM   #549
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
You are arguing with someone who is either willfully ignorant or malicious. Ideological blinders will prevent him from ever connecting the dots until its far too late.
Not arguing, really, just adding backup to my statements. I'm aware that many people will be blind to the coming wave of forced compliance. And if people just drink the kool-aid being fed to them by the powers-that-be, they may even agree with the new mandates as being "good for us". A lot of people are on the bandwagon of "climate change solutions", regardless of what it actually means or if it actually works.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 12:05 PM   #550
LTfun

Drives: 2022 LT1, 1981 320i
Quote:
Not arguing, really, just adding backup to my statements. I'm aware that many people will be blind to the coming wave of forced compliance. And if people just drink the kool-aid being fed to them by the powers-that-be, they may even agree with the new mandates as being "good for us". A lot of people are on the bandwagon of "climate change solutions", regardless of what it actually means or if it actually works.
The irony is forced compliance has always been true. We are really just arguing over which flavor of kool-aid tastes best. People who like the old kool-aid swear it's better than the new kool-aid. They all kind of suck but majority voted that it's better than water. YMMV
LTfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #551
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
You own a model 3. How far is it from giving driving satisfaction?
I actually owned two Tesla Model 3s. My wifes primary car is an 2019 Model 3 SR+ we still own and I owned a Model 3 Performance for a little over 2 years.

Pros:
As a daily driver, it is best car I ever owned. Smooth, quiet, decent handing due to low CG of battery, excellent visibility and driving position with short hood, great tech with useful OTA software updates, decent sound system, ridiculously quick in the 0-60mph range, built-in AI features and extremely low cost of ownership so far. Software UI is excellent.

Cons:
Potential range anxiety if you drive further distances, recharge times longer than gas refuel, need to factor in cost of electrical service (breaker/service panel) to be able to charge at home.

The Tesla build quality and interior on my car is average at ~$40k price range. IMO, it is not acceptable at the $60-150k range. Panel gaps and weather-stripping were not great and the interior materials are just below average at this price point. Performance at highway speeds is sufficient but it does not pull nearly as hard as it does at lower speeds, Plaid tech solves this. Unknowns residual values although I purchased in 2019 when they cost a lot less and had a tax credit available but I feel all the current EVs are over priced.

Enthusiast related:
I sold my Tesla Model 3 Performance after a couple years when the instant torque novelty wore off. It is mind blowing at first but eventually you get used to it like everything else. I found that I missed the other characteristics of performance based ICE vehicles that give it personality and allow for a deeper connection to the vehicle and driving experience. The EVs create for a pretty numb experience. If you just want to insulate yourself from the road and almost have the car do everything for you then you will love EVs and the direction they are heading. However, if you appreciate more aggresive styling, engine vibration and exhaust notes, the rise and fall of RPM as you row your own gears then an EV is not going to keep you satisfied for long.

I traded it for a ZL1 A10 a little over a year ago. I always wanted to own a supercharged V8 so I was blessed to be able to do so. The car is a beast. IMO, it is a bit too fast to really enjoy on the roads I travel but still enjoyed it. I actually traded it last week for a Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing with a manual transmission. I am really digging it. It doesn't have the sound of the V8 but the twin turbo V6 sounds decent with this LF4. Performance-wise it is on par with a Camaro 472hp, 445tq. An LT1 would have made it better but I guess the want those folks to spring for the CT5-V Blackwing. I do appreciate the improved visibility and I am also happy to be back in a manual again. I think this may be one of the last ICE based performance sedans with a manual transmission. Basically a 4 door Camaro sitting on the Alpha2 chassis.

A few cool things it does have, which would have been nice to see updated in the Camaro is Magride 4.0. I can actually tell a significant difference between the drive modes now. They are using wheel position sensors to provide more control over the dampening. Another cool feature is the brake by wire settings. You can adjust the brake pedal firmness via the settings menu. They have turned the brake pedal into a load cell.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #552
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
someone needs to come out with a manual transmission EV that has a tachometer for the motor. I think that would be pretty cool.
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:45 PM   #553
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
By the way, this happened at my (and at least one of my neighbors) house...I was out of town. My wife, who is near the end of a surgery recovery (and still dealing with some fatigue) was left to roast in an 80 degree ****ing house that we could not in any way cool down, we tried everything short of replacing the thermostats (she was willing but ultimately decided not to mess with the wiring etc for fear of shutting off access entirely to temp control).

I was white hot livid, because we were able to confirm with XCel today that we never opted in to this shit, with them or with ecobee.

As soon as I get home I will be ripping these pieces of shit off the wall and putting in analog dial thermostats, they can all go **** themselves. Although I'm 100% certain by next year they will just cut power to my house entirely if they can't control my thermostats.

EDIT: By the way I confirmed the so called "energy emergency" was in Pueblo, >2 hours from my house...
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:45 PM   #554
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
I have been reading c&d since the 80's. I can remember their praise of the citation x11. I have agreed with their reviews pretty much over everybody else. If their is an affordable electric car worthy of being called a driver's car I hope they can find it . It might be a while.
i remember reading their test of the 1973 firebird trans am 455 super duty,great reviews.hard to believe that75% of the modern vehicles we have now would put it on the traler...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #555
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
Quote:
There is little point in arguing with the proselytists of these new religions, they have zero willingness to concede any ground no matter the argument, to discuss or even consider alternatives. It's their way or the highway, and you are expected to be ashamed for even trying to point out unmistakable, actual trends or simply the cycles of history (which is "fearmongering" in their language).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #556
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
By the way, this happened at my (and at least one of my neighbors) house...I was out of town. My wife, who is near the end of a surgery recovery (and still dealing with some fatigue) was left to roast in an 80 degree ****ing house that we could not in any way cool down, we tried everything short of replacing the thermostats (she was willing but ultimately decided not to mess with the wiring etc for fear of shutting off access entirely to temp control).

I was white hot livid, because we were able to confirm with XCel today that we never opted in to this shit, with them or with ecobee.

As soon as I get home I will be ripping these pieces of shit off the wall and putting in analog dial thermostats, they can all go **** themselves. Although I'm 100% certain by next year they will just cut power to my house entirely if they can't control my thermostats.

EDIT: By the way I confirmed the so called "energy emergency" was in Pueblo, >2 hours from my house...
Wow hate to hear that and hope your wife is doing better. That is just crazy.
Current mileage: 310
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #557
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:

Sorry didn't mean to make it think I was arguing. I was just saying they are trying a good amount of that stuff here and it hit stiff resistance the AC control being the most notable. We had people in cars idling in a four block radius not listening to officials and the officers would not tell them to stop (longtime friend is with KHP) that the power provider gave in with leading officials. News networks showed up but never made the news wonder why. This area is also known for its barbecue I expect stiff resistance for that too. I know all about the stuff you mentioned and I also will be hard defying the trying to get rid of meat and limiting AC use.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #558
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
That's amazing. Leopards eating faces again.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #559
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post

I’m sorry to hear about your wife having to put up with that bs … this is exactly what a lot of us are against. The day that the government tells us exactly what to eat, what to drive, and how to enjoy our life on our property. I don’t know how about 50% of the country are willing participants and giving up on their rights.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:03 PM   #560
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Glad to hear my V8 again with the NPP after a 1.5 years of driving a EV. That is what i missed most when i got the EV there was no sound.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote