Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2022, 07:49 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry the Tramp View Post
Bank's can't add the injector impulse width.
Why?

Did they talk about a release date?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:06 PM   #16
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry the Tramp View Post
Bank's can't add the injector impulse width.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:38 PM   #17
1sickzl1

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6
Anyone know if this has been resolved by Banks because according to this:

https://docs.bankspower.com/bids/fil...2L_V_76_E.html

the 6th gen Camaro should have a wideband sensor that can directly communicate with an iDash without using an AEM to piggyback.

However, when I go to their "Sensors and Beyond" tab I do not see any such Wideband O2 sensor kit?

RF intake, Soler TB & TC, ADM v2 reservoir, AWE Touring non-resonated catback exhaust.

535 whp, 537 tq. SAE Smoothing: 5. DynoJet.
No tune. 91 octane.
1sickzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:06 AM   #18
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickzl1 View Post
Anyone know if this has been resolved by Banks because according to this:

https://docs.bankspower.com/bids/fil...2L_V_76_E.html

the 6th gen Camaro should have a wideband sensor that can directly communicate with an iDash without using an AEM to piggyback.

However, when I go to their "Sensors and Beyond" tab I do not see any such Wideband O2 sensor kit?
Where are you seeing wideband O2 on that list…?

The OEM O2 sensors are narrowband only and cannot tell anything beyond rich/lean of stoichiometric. You need the AEM or equivalent to run a wideband.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:41 AM   #19
DatsunBob

Drives: ATS 2.0t Rwd Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post

Yes, the Banks gauge just plugs into the AEM auxiliary port.

The last I read is Banks was still working on integrating WB into the gauge (if that’s what you’re looking to do). It appears they are still in R&D and this link has not been updated in months.

https://official.bankspower.com/insi...and-o2-sensor/

My concern is how well the WB going through the Banks will work with HPT. I read the new HPT MPVI3 now includes the Pro features and that is claimed to be released next month. But Banks appears to show an expansion module needed for the WB. Maybe you’d have to connect to HPT with a serial connection. IDK as there’s not a lot of information on this product launch from Banks.

https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/
So if the banks gauge just plugs into the AEM auxiliary port does that mean you just have the AEM gauge hidden under the dash? I have two ibanks gauges and an AEM x series wideband. I'd love to not have to run 3 gauges.

I really hate that these don't show Kr though. Makes me want to find an Ngauge.
DatsunBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:52 AM   #20
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunBob View Post
So if the banks gauge just plugs into the AEM auxiliary port does that mean you just have the AEM gauge hidden under the dash? I have two ibanks gauges and an AEM x series wideband. I'd love to not have to run 3 gauges.

I really hate that these don't show Kr though. Makes me want to find an Ngauge.
Your close to what I did. I bought an auxiliary adapter to get power from the console. When I was finished with the AEM, I disconnected the wires and tucked the WB under the dash until I need the AEM again. I used the Banks windshield mount while I was tuning.

Lack of KR and PW is a letdown. I do like the Banks iDash too much to get rid of it now. If I ever go FI I may change it out. But I can get all of that data from HPT, just not a convenient as a mounted gauge.

Here’s an example of fused adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Roadpro-Repla...15137789&psc=1

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:30 AM   #21
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
On two cars, I just put the AEM gauge in the glove box with a cheap Amazon pod and VHB tape. I never look at the gauge- I just log it in HPT. The neat solution is to buy a 30-0310 (no gauge), and have it reflashed to 30-0334 software so it can still be on the obd2 canbus. I've always wanted to do that but figured it was less hassle to just stick the gauge in the glove box.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 02:07 PM   #22
Fstlane

Drives: 2019 Summit White ZL1
Sorry to go off topic a little but where are you guys running the wideband cable thru the firewall to the cabin?
Fstlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:29 PM   #23
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlane View Post
Sorry to go off topic a little but where are you guys running the wideband cable thru the firewall to the cabin?
Using the pass through behind the steering wheel.
I believe it’s used as a sound tube on the SS models, it’s blocked off on the ZL1 so you have to drill a hole. It’s very easy to access
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:47 PM   #24
Fstlane

Awesome..thanks! I am in the process of installing a Banks I Dash and a AEM wideband with the ZZ Performance Gauge pod. Going to use the IDash to monitor E Content. But If some knows of a way to ditch the AEM wideband I am on board!
Old 05-14-2023, 08:14 AM   #25
ZL1...SON

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I ran through the grommet that is inside the drivers side fender, right next to the door, below the A-pillar. It was very easy to access and run the wiring.
Rotofab CAI, Banks Idash, AEM X series wideband, CSP 2" headers, Jet hot 2500 ceramic coating, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, DMS Fender Tank, Velossatech Big Mouth, JMS Fuel Booster, MPI Billet Lid, Jokerz race port, 2.30" upper, 107mm Soler TB, 160°F Billet DMS, Big Gulp, LPE Big Bore HPFP, XDI +30, ECM & TCM tuned by Elite Tuned, Atturo 315 AZ850DR
ZL1...SON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 10:09 AM   #26
Fstlane

Sounds easy and also less chance of a leak. Gonna look at both!
Old 05-14-2023, 11:07 AM   #27
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Awesome..thanks! I am in the process of installing a Banks I Dash and a AEM wideband with the ZZ Performance Gauge pod. Going to use the IDash to monitor E Content. But If some knows of a way to ditch the AEM wideband I am on board!
Same here, how do we get our AEM wideband to connect to the banks?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 08:58 AM   #28
dward13

Drives: 2017 Camaro zl1
Hi guys, I'm a noob to this stuff so take it easy on me.

I got the banks idash as well because my tuner told me I should get a gauge that monitors AFR and boosts would be a plus since the one on the dash is iffy. If I'm understanding this thread correctly... the idash won't monitor afr without using some part of the aem wideband thing? I can't just buy an O2 wideband sensor and wire it to the idash?
dward13 is offline   Reply With Quote