Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-26-2022, 06:00 PM   #43
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
What are you going to do if 3 months from now and you still don’t have a car
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #44
Dbmason29

Drives: Mazda CX-5
I totally agree times are different now. In the past you would go to a dealer an go back an forth an threaten to leave an they would lower the price. Obviously thats not going to happen anymore. Best case you will get it at MSRP. But with all that being said i cant see a dealer just selling a car that someone has a deposit on already. Unless Ofcourse either the person with deposit down cant get approved or if the person straight out refused to pay what dealer is selling car for
Dbmason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #45
exscat

Drives: lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash02 View Post
FWIW I am in a similar spot as the OP. I'm not upset in the least though. I made the decision on my own, with nobody to blame but myself. My car (Wild Cherry, ZL1, A10 with PDR) was built April 11th. As of yesterday it finally left the plant. It is said to have a delivery date of June 10th. I went ahead and signed for the car in April to make sure to get the interest that was being offered at the time. I have already made one payment. I too have received my welcome package from GM and XM radio. I knew what I was getting into when I signed. It sucks that the car isn't here but at least I got the interest rate, and someone with more money than sense can't offer the dealer enough money to buy the car out from under me. To think I could have got the same care for thousands off sticker a couple years ago is a crazy. Ohh well, you're danged if you do and danged if you don't these days.
this is exactly where we're at. dont know why others cant see it for what it is. great post
exscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:25 AM   #46
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Honestly, I don't know what more there is to document. OP has a signed contract for a car that he is supposed to be in possession of. Dealership can't produce documentation to show they ever received the car into their inventory, so there's no way to show that they transferred ownership.

Also, I don't know that the OP has much leg to stand on right now since he doesn't own the car. The leasing company owns it, and it might actually be their fight to have.

Bigger issue is that there's a requirement to maintain insurance on it. What carrier on the planet would insure a vehicle that's still sitting at the manufacturer?

Simplest avenue at this point might well be a small claims case against the dealership requiring them to terminate the contract, take over the financial responsibility, and reimburse the OP 100% plus losses.
Everyone he talks to and what they said and preferably in emails only.

I recently got burned on a deal for a new truck. The dealership advertised a price, but also had in the ad "call for pricing". I called and got a written quote with all the options on a Saturday. I called the salesman back and said I wanted it. The salesman said I had to wait until Monday.

Monday rolls around, and they said they'd consider the truck sold and we could arrange the details. Then the price went up 12K in a new quote. The new salesman said that the "old price" was just "the cab and the chassis", and if I wanted the service body it was another 12K.

All of it in writing and emails. The Washington State AG Consumer Protection Division is investigating for criminal charges, as well as a civil case for violating consumer protection laws (bait and switch) and false advertising.

You have to document everything.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:44 AM   #47
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscat View Post
this is exactly where we're at. dont know why others cant see it for what it is. great post
The fact that you can't see the difference between his post and yours is telling.
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD

Last edited by Twizzty; 05-29-2022 at 05:50 AM.
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 07:27 AM   #48
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Everyone he talks to and what they said and preferably in emails only.

I recently got burned on a deal for a new truck. The dealership advertised a price, but also had in the ad "call for pricing". I called and got a written quote with all the options on a Saturday. I called the salesman back and said I wanted it. The salesman said I had to wait until Monday.

Monday rolls around, and they said they'd consider the truck sold and we could arrange the details. Then the price went up 12K in a new quote. The new salesman said that the "old price" was just "the cab and the chassis", and if I wanted the service body it was another 12K.

All of it in writing and emails. The Washington State AG Consumer Protection Division is investigating for criminal charges, as well as a civil case for violating consumer protection laws (bait and switch) and false advertising.

You have to document everything.
I agree that tracking the things you don't have in writing, especially for being able to tell a cohesive story with a solid timeline, makes sense. But it sounds like the lion's share in your case was all in writing in the form of actual quotes and such - similar to what I was looking at. That was where my comment was coming from... what you write down for notes is "nice", but it's the official stuff that's signed that makes up the majority of the details that are needed for legal action.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #49
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
They tracked my new truck from the time it was sitting waiting for shipping till the time it arrived 14 days from the time it was built. It actually arrived early which is very unusual.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:13 AM   #50
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
You really need to contact the leasing company and the ag office on this. The leasing company owns the car, not you. They will not be happy that the dealer did this. The dealer could also be running into money problems. Leasing/financing a car they haven’t taken delivery of is a great way to rob Peter and pay Paul. The dealer is funded by the lease company when you signed the docs. they won’t pay Gm until they get the car and have to pay Gm. If they do that to 5 people that’s a quick “free” 1/4 million dollars or so they brought in to play with. The AG office will be all over that like a fat kid on a cake. There is also a short amount of time they have to title a vehicle that is another can of worms. That scam has been around a long time and usually when Gm or the state finds out a massive fraud is discovered

Last edited by Zr8000; 05-31-2022 at 12:25 AM.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #51
exscat

Drives: lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
You really need to contact the leasing company and the ag office on this. The leasing company owns the car, not you. They will not be happy that the dealer did this. The dealer could also be running into money problems. Leasing/financing a car they haven’t taken delivery of is a great way to rob Peter and pay Paul. The dealer is funded by the lease company when you signed the docs. they won’t pay Gm until they get the car and have to pay Gm. If they do that to 5 people that’s a quick “free” 1/4 million dollars or so they brought in to play with. The AG office will be all over that like a fat kid on a cake. There is also a short amount of time they have to title a vehicle that is another can of worms. That scam has been around a long time and usually when Gm or the state finds out a massive fraud is discovered
thank you sir. i plan some kind of action, soon!
exscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:59 AM   #52
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:06 AM   #53
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzty View Post
They call this "pre-booking" business and is a big no-no. It is typically an unethical desperation move by the seller to meet booking commitments, bonuses, etc.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:21 AM   #54
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
This is why you should never sign up on a car that hasn't been delivered. You're stuck with a car that has thousands of dollars worth of damage to repair. This is a sold unit that showed up to our store yesterday. We do not have the customer sign up before a vehicle gets here because of things like this.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #55
DC Chevy Sales

Drives: ‘23 2SS 1le Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
This is why you should never sign up on a car that hasn't been delivered. You're stuck with a car that has thousands of dollars worth of damage to repair. This is a sold unit that showed up to our store yesterday. We do not have the customer sign up before a vehicle gets here because of things like this.
I agree. I will never even let my customers sign ahead of time. Can only lead to negative things not positive. Have to say that one is pretty rough though
DC Chevy Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:05 PM   #56
Ikelove

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 2024 LT1 2002 Z28
My dealer must be one of the honest ones as he told me that they could not do paperwork until the car actually arrived. Sounds like a good practice to me.
Ikelove is offline   Reply With Quote