Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-26-2022, 06:52 AM   #15
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
That's total BS. I would get in touch with GM and the shady practices of your dealer. I also would not make another single payment on anything until I had the car.

Last edited by jamala00; 05-26-2022 at 09:48 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:52 AM   #16
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscat View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about oh great "dark phoenix". not having my car is chevy's fault, GM's fault, the dealer's fault and your fault too. i suppose everything in your life you've ever done has been executed to the utmost perfection, right? you're from MD what do you know about manufacturing, logistics, camaro orders and allocations and demands or GM for that matter
DarkPhoenix is right you got a lot to be upset about. Was this your first new car purchase?
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:05 AM   #17
exscat

Drives: lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
DarkPhoenix is right you got a lot to be upset about. Was this your first new car purchase?
all you guys are right. the fact that the car hasnt shipped has caught the dealer on the wrong end of the stick. everything was supposed to go right and didnt and now we're all left holding the bag.
exscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #18
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
No one but you is left holding the bag, you made a bad financial decision in desperation.

Look at the bright side...at least you're keeping those miles down on the lease.
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:37 AM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
logistics are completely messed up right now,i went to visit some friends at a warehouse i retired from and was offered a job just for walking in the door.told them i had to make less than 19k a year and really didnt mind being retired.i may start there one day (12 hours)a week just to make up for all the price increases in all sectors,plus ill be paid to drive forklift and clamp.did it for 28 years in this building a loved most of it...it would be nice to have a place i had to be.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #20
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I am not sure how it works for a lease, if you were financing to purchase it wouldn't matter (since you are paying down the loan regardless), but would it be appropriate for the dealership/salesman to adjust your contract once the car finally arrives to mark the date of delivery properly seeing as you have already paid one month (and one month of full coverage car insurance) to ensure you get your full lease duration for however long you signed for. Will they refund the month/time you already paid for at the end of the lease? I would ask some questions to how that will work once you take delivery of the vehicle.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:47 AM   #21
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Everyone really wants their new car. I mean REALLY want it. Whenever I open my eyes in the middle of the night, I might be checking if there's any new in-transit orders I could call in on. And throughout the day... Obsessed basically.

No matter how badly I want it, I'm not paying for a car that hasn't arrived. If the dealer I've made a deal with calls me up a month later and says "hey, we need this to be marked as sold. We've got quotas to meet, and we want this thing off the books. Either you come here and sign it, or we will find somebody who will."

I'm walking. First of all, the car hasn't even arrived. Secondly, they've now shown they are a scummy dealership with no integrity, no morality. I'm not ever doing any business with that dealership, and I'll wait a year or more if it came down to it.

I really don't know what you expected from making this thread from the responses youre giving. I think everyone here was being pretty nice, but it's starting to look like you are using people, who are responding to you nicely for the most part, as your punching bags.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:47 AM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
How are you on the financial hook for an item you can't take delivery of? Sounds like some shady dealership BS to me.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:59 AM   #23
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
thank you all for your input. you all have provide great direction.
File a complaint against the dealer with the state of Michigan. File it against their dealership license. They will have to respond and defend their actions to the state. They might be able to dodge you, but they can't dodge the state.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #24
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Document everything and ask the dealer to cover the lease payments until you take delivery. Also, call the state AG consumer protection section and see what they say.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
every camaro that comes off the assembly line is accounted for...all sold already. yes i was following the dealer's direction but if i didnt close the deal someone else would have
Your dealer gave you 2 choices. Buy it now or lose your chance. That sucks man, and you may not have had the ability to walk away if this is primary transport.

Dealer BS like this is why I willingly do business outside of my local network and pay to ship cars to me. I'm tired of the BS, I want a fair price for both parties and a smooth process and I am willing to wait to get that fair price.

Again, my Camaro purchase will be a toy so I have the luxury of waiting when others can't.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #26
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Document everything and ask the dealer to cover the lease payments until you take delivery. Also, call the state AG consumer protection section and see what they say.
Honestly, I don't know what more there is to document. OP has a signed contract for a car that he is supposed to be in possession of. Dealership can't produce documentation to show they ever received the car into their inventory, so there's no way to show that they transferred ownership.

Also, I don't know that the OP has much leg to stand on right now since he doesn't own the car. The leasing company owns it, and it might actually be their fight to have.

Bigger issue is that there's a requirement to maintain insurance on it. What carrier on the planet would insure a vehicle that's still sitting at the manufacturer?

Simplest avenue at this point might well be a small claims case against the dealership requiring them to terminate the contract, take over the financial responsibility, and reimburse the OP 100% plus losses.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:34 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Your dealer gave you 2 choices. Buy it now or lose your chance. That sucks man, and you may not have had the ability to walk away if this is primary transport.

Dealer BS like this is why I willingly do business outside of my local network and pay to ship cars to me. I'm tired of the BS, I want a fair price for both parties and a smooth process and I am willing to wait to get that fair price.

Again, my Camaro purchase will be a toy so I have the luxury of waiting when others can't.
Car doesn't exist, so not really sure how this could apply. It's "no transport".

You know the tagline from the commercial "easiest decision in the history of decisions"? Yeah, this isn't it...
Old 05-26-2022, 09:35 AM   #28
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Car doesn't exist, so not really sure how this could apply. It's "no transport".

You know the tagline from the commercial "easiest decision in the history of decisions"? Yeah, this isn't it...
HAHAHAHA...I know I know. Just being open minded, others have addressed that topic enough so I didnt want to pile it on.