Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
Great info, will be getting one this spring. Do you have instruction vid doing one on the zl1, It would be nice seeing one done with good instructions, I see on the blog guys moving ground cable out of the way and now this. I know they are easy to install but my luck I will break something. I really like you guys at rotofab for keeping us zl1 owners informed on all your products and how you stand behind what you sell this really means alot to me. Soon here in the cold states we can get our cars out and the first thing for me is the cai ( rotofab) cant wait. YOU GUYS ROCK
X2, need a video of install.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
The instructions shipped with it are fine, it's not difficult at all and it's fun taking the stock components off. Please don't think so negatively before even having it to install? How do you know you will break something? It was made easy by following the instructions. You also learn how your car was assembled in the process. It just takes time to swap over the stock parts. You two requesting a video could install yours and shoot the video for those that require a video for installation. Maybe make it a sticky thread on here if desired? My MPG decreased only when my foot somehow continually pushed the throttle down to the floor!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I agree, your gas mileage decreasing is a common side effect from HFS (heavy foot syndrome) This sickness can happen any time a performance modification is installed. Honestly it is pretty common though. With normal conservative driving, you should see the same if not slightly better gas mileage.

The Roto-Fab ZL1 intake system is great. We just installed one a while ago with a before and after dyno and gained 30HP! That is a huge bang for the buck! If you guys have any questions on these or any other fine Roto-Fab products, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
I agree, your gas mileage decreasing is a common side effect from HFS (heavy foot syndrome) This sickness can happen any time a performance modification is installed. Honestly it is pretty common though. With normal conservative driving, you should see the same if not slightly better gas mileage.

The Roto-Fab ZL1 intake system is great. We just installed one a while ago with a before and after dyno and gained 30HP! That is a huge bang for the buck! If you guys have any questions on these or any other fine Roto-Fab products, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I actually ordered mine from you guys...thanks for the great price!

As far as others who broke the top of their breather tube, at least I don't feel like a complete idiot now . It broke off so flush though that I just attached it and did a quick wrap job with some black electrical tape I had, doesn't look super pretty but the breather tube is barely noticeable anyway once it's all installed.

I will say that RotoFab has excellent customer service as I was in a bit of a panic when the top of the breather tube mysteriously broke off. I called them up (Yes on a Sunday afternoon) and he gave me the idea of using electrical tape and voila! all done!

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #19
IcePick06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
Great info, will be getting one this spring. Do you have instruction vid doing one on the zl1, It would be nice seeing one done with good instructions, I see on the blog guys moving ground cable out of the way and now this. I know they are easy to install but my luck I will break something. I really like you guys at rotofab for keeping us zl1 owners informed on all your products and how you stand behind what you sell this really means alot to me. Soon here in the cold states we can get our cars out and the first thing for me is the cai ( rotofab) cant wait. YOU GUYS ROCK
All you do is use a pry tool to remove the ground cable and route it around the rotofab air box, it's super easy and you'll get the idea once you install the unit and look a the bottom and it lines up with the A/C line and the grommet. Honestly I'm no super mechanic but I've always installed my own simple bolt-ons with my cars and bikes (exhaust, clutch plates, intakes, etc.) as long as I don't have to grind anything or drill anything and there's instructions to follow (pictures are always a plus) it's usually pretty easy. I think you'll be fine bro

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
Old 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
I also broke my tube. Do you see a pattern here? Instructions were perfect with colored pics and very detailed. The whine is amazing!!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #21
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
I actually ordered mine from you guys...thanks for the great price!
Sweet! I appreciate your business and support!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
You guys buy a ZL1 and are worried about the gas milage? Then I would suggest getting a second car as a daily driver. A nice cheap 4 cylinder. With gas prices going well over $4 per gallon this summer the ZL1 will not bet that great as a daily driver at least not on your wallet. My 2 cents.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
After hearing that, this mod just got bumped up on the list of things to do. Thanks guys!

You won't regret it!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Im like a kid at Christmas time. Just ordered from JDP. Got intake, big gulp, and ww res kit on order.

Great customer service as well as pricing.

Thanks Again
Old 03-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #25
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
I just got mine in the mail today. Nice looking CAI for sure and very detailed instructions. I gotta be honest though, I asume most of you guys are not idiots and if that many of you broke the breather tube..something within (or not within) the instructions appears off.

Since you've chimed in already RotoFab, it appears that this issue is not uncommon. A sticky here with a video would be appreciated.

I'd be happy to take a video of my install, but I'm sure I will break mine on Camera!
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #26
IcePick06

Update on MPG: I should have mentioned I keep my DIC on the fuel range a lot so when I posted the MPG decreased after the install it appears the range will decrease several miles at once and then at times go back up maybe 1 or 2 miles...it's almost like the intake is throwing off the fuel range sensor or something. Either way I drive mine daily and fill up on Thursday nite/Friday morning if I start with a full tank on Monday so I will see how this week plays out. For the record I'm driving the same as I did before the rotofab so not hitting it any more than usual. Sure this car sucks on gas mileage but I try to understand any changes that occur when doing mods so this MPG issue is purely my own curiosity.

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
Update on MPG: I should have mentioned I keep my DIC on the fuel range a lot so when I posted the MPG decreased after the install it appears the range will decrease several miles at once and then at times go back up maybe 1 or 2 miles...it's almost like the intake is throwing off the fuel range sensor or something. Either way I drive mine daily and fill up on Thursday nite/Friday morning if I start with a full tank on Monday so I will see how this week plays out. For the record I'm driving the same as I did before the rotofab so not hitting it any more than usual. Sure this car sucks on gas mileage but I try to understand any changes that occur when doing mods so this MPG issue is purely my own curiosity.

Did you rest the Fuel Range on the DIC or did you disconnect the battery. If so it starts all over developing an average. It will take several days depending on your commute or a at least 50 miles to reach an accurate average mileage. If the numbers are still moving around a lot you can't tell much by the DIC yet.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
I would definitely get a tune regardless. It will make a pretty big difference just in itself. Then you know for sure the part throttle fuel trims are correct.
Alvin@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote