Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #3445
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
Speak for yourself fellow C5 member.

Fellow C5 members do appreciate all the info and tech that ThePill posts. If it wasn't for him many of us would still have our heads in the sand. If it bothers you that much you can always enable the ignore feature.
I'd have to second that.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #3446
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I have to agree with BigDan and nak3dsnake, I am interesting in learning about all types of muscle cars including the next gen Camaros and Mustangs.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #3447
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
I have to agree with BigDan and nak3dsnake, I am interesting in learning about all types of muscle cars including the next gen Camaros and Mustangs.

I also agree with

BigDan
Inferno2SS
nak3dsnake
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #3448
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
While The Mustang marketing dept. is more than welcome here, let me reiterate a couple things.

All members here are expected to have some interest in the current Camaro other than how it stacks up to the competition.

And if it weren't for the continuous efforts of said marketing dept this thread would not be nearly as popular. Mustang owners keep this thread alive... Not Camaro owners.

Please be mindful of who we are and the car we have chosen to embrace here on Camaro5.

We do not exist to cater to the competition.

If you are predominately here to remind us how the camaro stacks up to the competition, you are here for the wrong reasons.

FWIW.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #3449
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
DELETED

Last edited by thePill; 05-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #3450
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
All members here are expected to have some interest in the current Camaro other than how it stacks up to the competition.
I'd have A LOT more interest in the Camaro if I had access to the ZL1 section which for some reason I dont have access to or even permission to read the topics. I have been nothing but courteous and respectful the the years I've been here. I didn't even have an infraction or warning until 2 moths ago which was for posting a link to a street racing video of the UR Lambo's.

I've heard from other Mustang owners on this forum who were banned from the ZL1 section for unknown reasons also. What's up with that?

Heck I've never even posted in that section yet I'm banned from learning about a car I'd like to possibly own, only to have mods tell us that we need to show more interest in the Camaro.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #3451
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post

If you don't like my post, you don't have to read them... I didn't read yours....
I didn't read yours either, I see a mustang in your sig and know exactly what your about just like the other guy with a mustang telling me not to speak for Camaro5. I happened to see pages of renderings made by some fanboi in this thread and asked if the other cars discussion wasn't enough for you mustang guys and apparently it's not. Hmmm, guess myself and the Camaro5 moderators are wrong. Perhaps you should post this info in the "Camaro news" forum since we all need to learn of the new mustang. I gaurantee you if I went to any S197 forum and posted up about the new Z28 with a bunch of BS renderings and speculation I wouldn't be there too long. I just wonder why you guys don't suffer the same fate.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #3452
thePill
Account Suspended

DELETED

Last edited by thePill; 05-23-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #3453
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
I'd have A LOT more interest in the Camaro if I had access to the ZL1 section which for some reason I dont have access to or even permission to read the topics. I have been nothing but courteous and respectful the the years I've been here. I didn't even have an infraction or warning until 2 moths ago which was for posting a link to a street racing video of the UR Lambo's.

I've heard from other Mustang owners on this forum who were banned from the ZL1 section for unknown reasons also. What's up with that?

Heck I've never even posted in that section yet I'm banned from learning about a car I'd like to possibly own, only to have mods tell us that we need to show more interest in the Camaro.
Obviously the ZL1 is a hot bed for GT500 comparisons. All we need to do is look at the Z28 threads and see that.

However I was not aware that mustang owners had been banned from that subforum... Only one person can block members form specific forums, you should send Tran a PM and ask for access to that forum.

I've always considered you a valued member who understands our bias and doesn't fault us for it, most of the time.

But, I do have a hard time believing that if we gave you access to the ZL1 forum you'd have a change of heart.

The truth is a couple mustang owners give the rest of you guys a bad reputation here. We don't need constant PR posts especially from the same people... Polite or not, courteous or not... It is getting less and less tolerable.

If we want more Mustang information we'll go get it.

We don't join a camaro specific forum to learn about the competition.

I love the smack talk rivalry part of the modern muscle car... Look at my Fest grudge race thread with PQ...

But this is a camaro forum aimed squarely at camaro owners. All members here should be mindful of that.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #3454
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Look at that, dedicated forums for other cars on a dedicated car site. I wonder why we don't have that here........ Oh wait!!! We do!! It's titled "General car discussion and other cars". We don't need to be educated about upcoming mustang models here, there is already a place for that and that was the point I was making the whole time. A mustang vs. Camaro thread doesn't need to be cluttered up with next gen mustang info, there are already a dozen threads about that in that forum. I'll bet if I went to SVTP and posted about the Camaro in a thread outside of the Camaro forum I would be booted. I don't know why you people feel the need to praise the mustang so highly all over a Camaro site. It's like you all have a complex. I'm on 0 mustang sites because if I ever care to know what's going on with the mustang I pick up a magazine or go to jalopnik.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #3455
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Obviously the ZL1 is a hot bed for GT500 comparisons. All we need to do is look at the Z28 threads and see that.

However I was not aware that mustang owners had been banned from that subforum... Only one person can block members form specific forums, you should send Tran a PM and ask for access to that forum.

I've always considered you a valued member who understands our bias and doesn't fault us for it, most of the time.

But, I do have a hard time believing that if we gave you access to the ZL1 forum you'd have a change of heart.

The truth is a couple mustang owners give the rest of you guys a bad reputation here. We don't need constant PR posts especially from the same people... Polite or not, courteous or not... It is getting less and less tolerable.

If we want more Mustang information we'll go get it.

We don't join a camaro specific forum to learn about the competition.

I love the smack talk rivalry part of the modern muscle car... Look at my Fest grudge race thread with PQ...

But this is a camaro forum aimed squarely at camaro owners. All members here should be mindful of that.
I will not post any of this info up here anymore. I didn't know that it upset people as it does with this guy. I will keep what I know to myself.. no big deal...
Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #3456
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

I'm not bothered or worked up, just confused. Sometimes I have to double check if I'm on Camaro5.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #3457
GTAHVIT
Blessed

OK...

no need to continue to take shots.

Let it die for now please.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #3458
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I will not post any of this info up here anymore. I didn't know that it upset people as it does with this guy. I will keep what I know to myself.. no big deal...
Why not just post this stuff in the "other cars" section? I know I appreciate it, and enjoy reading and debating, isn't that the whole point of a forum? I don't know why it upsets some people to see it here, it is in the mega thread, which is easily avoided, but whatever. Some people just can't take the heat of competition...

I feel the same way as a lot of others here, and have respect for all performance cars, regardless of make. And while I may not have much interest in the Camaro as it is now, that doesn't mean I don't want to see it change into something I will be interested in. I know that may not sit well with some of you here, as you love your cars just the way they are. I understand and respect that. But everything changes, and I'd like to see it evolve into something myself, and many others here, were hoping for all along.

A little more from all sides would go a long way...
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race